Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jekyll

xbox 360 controller help

so recently, my friend gave me his copy of blazblue calamity trigger for the 360 and having never played a single fighting game in my life i found it pretty fun. only problem is, some inputs are really awkward to pull off on an xbox controller and i'm not sure whether to use the d-pad or the analog stick. whenever i roll my fingers around the d-pad i end up jumping around heaps but the stick doesn't feel very accurate to me either. i know there are other stick options, but assuming for now i wanted to stay with my controller what would you recommend is best?

Hard to say. Most people who play on XBox pad use the analog stick, but usually they're playing games like Street Fighter where finer movements and quick diagonals aren't really required. D-Pads are definitely more accurate, but as you noted, the one on the XBox pad is horrible and it's in an awkward position. If you have to stay with it, I guess I would recommend analog, since that can be mastered with practice, while the inaccuracy of the XBox D-Pad will always be there no matter how good you get.

Other options: PS2/PS3 pad + adapter, any Hori pad, Saturn pad modded/cloned if you can find it.

Yeah, I agree with that. The dpad is just painful (literally) to use, so stick with the analog. Better to just get another controller and use the dpad on that, though.