Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MastaToken

(10/05/14) P4U2 EU Netplay Tournament @ 10AM EST

2/3 Matches
2/3 Rounds
WF, LF, GF: 3/5 Matches
Mitsuru and Yukiko Stage only
Character Change allowed only on new sets or lose round

If interested, please post PSN and Tag down below.

Date moved back to original date due to personal matters arising next weekend.

Why?

Those are (At least from P4A) the least laggiest stages. Which makes them ideal to use for tournaments, as to minimize possible lag.

For the same reason do you have to let the intro roll fully. 

Winning through lag isn't really the main idea people want in a tournament.

ok

Stages have absolutely nothing to do with lag. Same with skipping intro, but whatever.

Yes, they do.

Both Yukiko's stage and Mitsuru's stage have the least amount of detail a.k.a stuff going on in the background that requires synchronization. From what I understand, the regular alter stage is ALSO a netplay stage. In contrast, the worst stage to play on in P4U is Shadow Labrys stage. Why do you think in UNIEL and Ultra that people play in training stage and in BBCP, people play on Arena -silent- on netplay?

Skipping the intro is a big no no because this gives the connections times to synchronize with each other to make the connection smooth (unless it's a 4 bar where you CAN get away with skipping). If you skip the intro, it will actually induce more lag as the game is still trying to sync while the match is playing out which will cause a lot of bad things to happen (dropped combos, dropped inputs, delay, etc.)

sorry to butt in the conversation but

i definitely buy stage lag and console hiccups (except why do the backgrounds need to be synchronized?...) affecting the connection, but why does skipping the intro cause lag? are arcsys netcode programmers incompetent enough to let you press buttons before the players are fully synced? is there proof or have experiments been done that show this is the case?

sorry to butt in the conversation but

i definitely buy stage lag and console hiccups (except why do the backgrounds need to be synchronized?...) affecting the connection, but why does skipping the intro cause lag? are arcsys netcode programmers incompetent enough to let you press buttons before the players are fully synced? is there proof or have experiments been done that show this is the case?

It's the characters intro. The netcode starts to synchronize as soon as the match officially starts, which is on the background presentation to the end of the Player 2's character intro pose. It takes about 15 seconds and up to 30 if you have lag (maybe more) but It's better to wait for the lag to be "eaten" by the intro rather than having to play with it.

Anyway 88% of online players mash buttons to skip it so yeah. I have no idea how to program netcode but I'd say it's easy enough to wait 10-20 secs to guarantee the match being lag free.

Most 0 bar connections feel a lot better after the full intro!

yeah, for the most part letting the intro play out against NA players eliminates the vast majority of the lag in my experience, although there's some cases where there's just no fixing it.

Ccan i also suggest using a wired internet connection instead of wireless if you have the option whilst i'm here? wired is so much more stable.

I should be able to be here

PSN : zephyrion22

tag : Zephyrion

GMT +1

and the tag is just how you want to appear on the brackets or the name of your Challonge account if you have one. Like if you don't want to put your PSN with lots of numbers, signs etc or want to be easily found on Challonge, your best bet is to give your tag . ,You are free to register with your PSN to make inviting easier, or just go by a completely different pseudo, that won't really change anything !

*Tournament pushed back due to cross-region patch not hitting til next week*

The patch was already released (I think I know what your talking about), so why is the tournament getting pushed back?