Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zouf

[P4AU] Shadow Labrys - Combo Thread

Maybe I didn't really understand it or I can't see it(because I can only see the bottom half of the screen), but didn't hit 214C the opponent? If it did why is it called okizeme? Isn't it something which hits(or does something to) the opponent when he tries to wake up? (I always see 5DD from Chie in p4a as an example)

214C hits.

214C has a special property which forces ground tech on the opponent. The whole okizeme game for shabrys is to land 214C then crossup/fake crossup with j.B. As soon as you can, jump after 214C, and j.B. If the opponent delay his tech too much, j.B will pick him up. If he doesn't delay, j.B is meaty and safejump. You can also empty jump 2A, it works really well.

Ah, thanks. That explains quite a lot.

Another thing: I saw that you uploaded the combo which I had trouble with(thanks!), but you haven't linked it yet. (Or is it hidden somewhere else?) (I thought you will link it in the OP and didn't think you'll edit it into the last post, you made)

And after watching that I was quite stunned. I played Shadow Labrys quite a lot lately, tried most of the combos above, but didn't knew that you can just hold down the B button after 214214B input and can release it when you want and tried to time it everytime.

Now I feel stupid.

Awesome.  I'll dig around the general thread a bit then and see what I can find.

Thanks for the response.

I'm wanting to learn this character some.  First question, what is the timing of the 214C input after j.A > dj.A > 214A so you get a proper knockdown?  I'm finding 214AC is too late an input to land the buffalo hammer.

I'm wanting to learn this character some.  First question, what is the timing of the 214C input after j.A > dj.A > 214A so you get a proper knockdown?  I'm finding 214AC is too late an input to land the buffalo hammer.

I squeeze in an extra j.214C between the dj.A>j.214A

You can try BananaKen's suggestion (adding an extra 214C between dj.A > 214A); I've used that timing myself. The theory behind the j.214A + C sequence it that the 214 input from the Aerial will also serve as the 214C for the Buffalo, which will net a knockdown when combined. Generally, 214A, the most minute of pauses, hit C works for me; if you simultaneously mash on A+C, you'll get airturn.

Is the Hammer not appearing at all or is it just hitting too late after the Aerial? Are you getting another move entirely?

Zouf also made a video showing his hands as he performed the 5AAA > hop cancel > j.2B route; since the combo ends j.B > > djc.A > j.214A + C, it should help. Here you go.

It really depends on what the proration values are on her moves, since some of the combos suggest that 5C/2C have drastically reduced P2's. There's no footage yet of players starting to optimize these combos, most are still playing 1.1 S.Lab unfortunately.

CH 2B untech time still seems to last until they hit the ground, so something like CH 2B>j.2B>dash j.B>2C>j.214B>j.B>j.A~5C>j.214A could be possible.