Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qispichiq

Anime needs an EVO of it's own in the West

NEC has technically been that major for us, deemed the biggest major for anime next to EVO which is what I believe the majors players prioritize next to Final Round which has always shown pretty good anime numbers (then of course your local majors). Those are basically the majors I try to attend (EVO not making the cut last year because of the new job), I attended UFGT because it was its last year. I do think making the game a "main game" gives more of its community the incentive to make that event a priority especially if its a once in a lifetime thing (or rare event) which is probably going to be a big draw to an AnimeEVO if it does happen, having the guarantee that your game will be center stage (or most of them). I'm pretty sure all this is put into consideration for what Jebailey is planning as well as all the other things we discussed earlier, he's pretty much looking into the super far future right now to make sure this is done right.

NEC has technically been that major for us, deemed the biggest major for anime next to EVO which is what I believe the majors players prioritize next to Final Round which has always shown pretty good anime numbers (then of course your local majors). 

I'm sorry that I've ignored criticism, but I haven't been in the community for very long so I didn't know about NEC :P, I'd still want to do it but I'd put it on my calender 

Did you ignore criticism ? I wasn't trying to criticize just dropping my input on the topic but yeah NEC is like a major priority if you're an anime player. It may not be solely focused like Apex is for smash but it's where godlike anime TO St1ckbug runs the main tournaments and other godlike TO tigre for most/all side anime tournaments so the combination of the two plus more make it a priority anime event IMO

I wasn't trying to criticize just dropping my input on the topic 

yeah sorry....I'm just over-sensitive, it's a habit I have to break, sorry

So Qispichiq whats your verdict on it altogether you thinking of giving it a honest try or folding on the idea... By sorry been bust at work to give any replies or ideas on the whole discussion

Well I like the idea of anime games getting a major all on it's own similar to EVO but I do believe that this alone is going to be difficult and require a couple of trials and errors before getting it right and making it quite eventful and reoccurring. I'm all for supporting the cause as contributing funds and traveling to so called location to get the ball rolling but considering nothing is set in stone I'll probably refrain from the contribution for a little while longer.

Personally I plan to revive the Texas scene once I'm back home and settled in. My efforts proved slightly futile a few years back but cut me some credit for investing into recording equipment, setting up stream, and providing a place to hang out at free of charge until it got bigger, rage aside I have no experience at handling brackets or where to start. I have a few reliable resources in my state such as getting a hotel to provide their banquet room for at least 80-120 people (+ you can sleep there) and renting equipment for numerous stands. I'll gladly start small again with new players if the old chooses to stay cocooned, won't hurt my feelings.

I'll frequently view this thread on all updates and help out when the time comes but personnel that do stay in Texas please get in contact with me if you want to help and possibly expand it to something similar to this, I'll be in Austin.

ps- Best of luck to your efforts

So Qispichiq whats your verdict on it altogether you thinking of giving it a honest try or folding on the idea... By sorry been bust at work to give any replies or ideas on the whole discussion

I'd do it from the support I got here, but I'm going to wait for Jebaily to sort out his event once Xrd has a release date before I make the kickstarter

On a sidenote, kickstarter doesn't allow "contests" as projects so idk if we can even but it on there but they probably mean like drawings

After talking here about Anime on the Main stage in a AnimeEVO of its own.

I just wanted to leave this here -  its not exactly the Big Anime EVO we were talking about but its based on the "Anime on main stage" Concept we were talking about:-
https://www.facebook.com/AstralHeat/posts/712122548877167

I mean - we all know that people from EU pay loads of money come down to America for EVO and other tourneys but if anyone wishes to travel down to EU for something like this ~ Would be nice.

I hope this interests some people here and doesn't look like a "why is this guy posting this crap here" kinda thing ~

Sorry to disturb you otherwise.

Animevo is a great idea and a kickstarter seems really practical (seriously, the backer rewards is the actual event ticket). That way, you can have some TO organize and set how much $$$ it would take to book the venue (and all of the other logistics), make that a goal, and then have players buy their own tickets before ANYTHING in the planning has to be finalized and wondering if people will show.