Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CP] News and Gameplay Discussion 2.0

Are there any characters that haven't been covered or seen yet in 2.0?

Still waiting to see how kokonoe looks. The game right now looks quite different than this current, not in a bad way but it does seem a bit... Toned down if that makes sense.

Hazama has some really nice looking combos in this game.

I guess a discussion about how to keep BB alive until 2.0 comes out won't work out after all. Guess I'll stop with the setup here.

Was wandering away there, sorrryyyy

What? This nonsense again? Why in the world would you leave out America, which has the biggest potential for your product? Japanese players will be fine with the arcade version, but since arcades barely exist in the West why not....bring the console version to America first (gasp!!!)? I'm really sick of this continual community separation Arc Sys keeps doing. It's getting to the point I'm about to just call it quits and become a spectator. We waited six months for BBCP that we just got a few months ago and you want people wait months again while you give Japan BOTH options? This has got to be the most out-of-touch marketing strategy I've seen in a while (ala Nintendo). You have people calling your game Evo's best of 2014 and for a reward you just forget about the rest of the world, killing your own hype. There's a lot of other games around and people will gravitate toward them because other companies were smart enough to make them available on time.

Looking into the Japanese toy store window at what they get again exclusively for months (hopefully not).

It's fine to be not happy, but it is what it is. None of us are happy about it. That being said, there's no point going on about it cause it's been done to death since the 90s and the days of Japanese PS2s being a nightmare for TOs.

In actual somewhat exciting news, Arcadia is putting out a 50 issue magazine detailing BBCP2 next weekend. A group of translators are probably going to get on that and hopefully we'll get tons of info from that.

Are there any characters that haven't been covered or seen yet in 2.0?

Are there lots of vids floating around that no one's posting? I've seen nothing other than the tourney from 3 days ago and the first day streams posted the other day.

It's possible that they could be on niconico, or there just aren't any yet. I am not sure how to navigate nico, so I'm one of many at the mercy of kind uploaders.

Whether they aren't being posted and such: I wouldn't know but somehow doubt that.

What? This nonsense again? Why in the world would you leave out America, which has the biggest potential for your product? Japanese players will be fine with the arcade version, but since arcades barely exist in the West why not....bring the console version to America first (gasp!!!)? I'm really sick of this continual community separation Arc Sys keeps doing. It's getting to the point I'm about to just call it quits and become a spectator. We waited six months for BBCP that we just got a few months ago and you want people wait months again while you give Japan BOTH options? This has got to be the most out-of-touch marketing strategy I've seen in a while (ala Nintendo). You have people calling your game Evo's best of 2014 and for a reward you just forget about the rest of the world, killing your own hype. There's a lot of other games around and people will gravitate toward them because other companies were smart enough to make them available on time.

Looking into the Japanese toy store window at what they get again exclusively for months (hopefully not).

Meh. Arcades are their core revenue stream. Have been since forever. While getting the console version out over here promptly might help, honestly, this is a niche of niche market, and even a significant boost in their sales over here (to the tune of like 50%) isn't going to make a massive difference to them. And I don't think their annoying release schedule loses them anything like that number of sales.

In any event, if they stick to the the way things have worked in the past, this actually isn't half bad - we'll see the new version by April, which could be worse. :P

I personally use this time to watch matches online. Actually, this is the moment when I watch more videos overall. It is very instructive, and makes easier the transition later. Of course I'll keep playing stuff, my hands are full with so many fighters this year, but I'm so happy at the same time playing all of them :). I guess this time, the wait won't hurt as much.

What people need to realize is that ASW can't just snap their fingers and bring the game to the US like that. There are the usual costs of making a console port, then the localization costs on top of that, then the infrastructure issues (they do have to bring the game over the goddamn ocean)... Sure, you can make it so they release it at the same time as the Japanese version, but that's pretty much only if they deliberately delay the Japanese release, and that makes little to no sense from the business standpoint (why bother, just so the US doesn't feel left out?).

And maybe, just maybe, the world actually doesn't revolve around the States.

It's possible that they could be on niconico, or there just aren't any yet. I am not sure how to navigate nico, so I'm one of many at the mercy of kind uploaders.

Whether they aren't being posted and such: I wouldn't know but somehow doubt that.

Try this: http://horibuna.web.fc2.com/BBCP/index.html

I was just minding my own business, you know, watching some 2.0 Tsubaki vs Kagura footage and then this happened.

[Corner + 25% CH] 6C > 6D~C > 2D~A > 5D~A > CT > 5C > 6D~C > [2]8C > 5C > 6D~C > 2D~B > ([4]6A) [6738 DM] [10% HG]

Kagura corner combo by the way. I am afraid.

Counter-hit 6C in a corner? Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that one.

Counter-hit 6C in a corner? Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that one.

Well it wasn't really to showcase the damage more than it was to showcase some new combo routes.

As you can see, of course you already knew you can cancel into CT out of stances, but now [2]8C can be used to continue combos meterless while in the corner because it both launches really high and wall sticks without a CH. I mean, I don't think it is a complete replacement for the loss of the B orb, but these are some new routes that exist. I just wanted to show that.

Well it wasn't really to showcase the damage more than it was to showcase some new combo routes.

As you can see, of course you already knew you can cancel into CT out of stances, but now [2]8C can be used to continue combos meterless while in the corner because it both launches really high and wall sticks without a CH. I mean, I don't think it is a complete replacement for the loss of the B orb, but these are some new routes that exist. I just wanted to show that.

Can you post the link for the vid. I'd definitely like to see it. 

So is Celica's 2-hit tripping confirmed to be high-low? I think that's pretty sad gameplay-wise as well as canonically that Celica has better mixup than Terumi...

(ラントもラインを安全に下げれる起き技としては優秀なんやけどラインを上げれないからそもそもハメが始まらないというジレンマ

下で待ち構えるスタンス自体は確立出来たら強いとは思う

ダッシュが早くなってる分現実的ではあるからそれを徹底するしかないのかな…6Bにガトルートさえあれば…ぐぬぬ)

Can someone translate this for me please ?

This is RYO in Twitter he talk about 6B or something

Help guys need to know what he said :")

(ラントもラインを安全に下げれる起き技としては優秀なんやけどラインを上げれないからそもそもハメが始まらないというジレンマ

下で待ち構えるスタンス自体は確立出来たら強いとは思う

ダッシュが早くなってる分現実的ではあるからそれを徹底するしかないのかな…6Bにガトルートさえあれば…ぐぬぬ)

Can someone translate this for me please ?

This is RYO in Twitter he talk about 6B or something

Help guys need to know what he said :")

I'm certainly not the best at this, but, I think he's talking about doing the first hit of Gauntlet Hades into 6B (I think that's Gauntlet Hades, because it seems close to Gauntlet to me).

Lambda's BB color. Doesn't look familiar at all, maybe it's a spoiler for some future character? (i.e yet another Murakumo)

Un3oy7x.png