Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne

[CP] News and Gameplay Discussion 2.0

I can't say I'm terribly excited to buy CP again. I was just waiting for a patch/Celica and Lambda DLC. I guess extended story is good, especially since it seems to focus more on the three characters I like to play, especially Bullet, who just kinda came in and did a whole lot of nothing plot-wise. I'm under the impression that CPX was just made to have baby bro BB follow big bro GG onto the PS4.

Also, I've been kind of out of the loop as far as the 2.0 patch's reception went. Are people in Japan complaining about it? What's not so great about it that folks are hoping for CSX to bring more balance changes to the table as opposed to it being a CP 2.0 port?

I can't say I'm terribly excited to buy CP again. I was just waiting for a patch/Celica and Lambda DLC. I guess extended story is good, especially since it seems to focus more on the three characters I like to play, especially Bullet, who just kinda came in and did a whole lot of nothing plot-wise. I'm under the impression that CPX was just made to have baby bro BB follow big bro GG onto the PS4.

Also, I've been kind of out of the loop as far as the 2.0 patch's reception went. Are people in Japan complaining about it? What's not so great about it that folks are hoping for CSX to bring more balance changes to the table as opposed to it being a CP 2.0 port?

From what I could read here (and see in various videos), Nu is awfully strong and annoying to fight, some (many?) characters are boring to play, they kinda removed all the broken stuff of everyone, the game became dull. The two new characters are terribad, and the top tiers are always the same.

Looks like the balance patch didn't really fix many issues some characters could meet in their gameplan.

Is there anything to read (in English) regarding unhappy players?  I keep hearing that 2.0 is killing BB (overstatement?) which is too bad, but I'm not able to find much on it outside of what someone says on a forum.

Is there anything to read (in English) regarding unhappy players?  I keep hearing that 2.0 is killing BB (overstatement?) which is too bad, but I'm not able to find much on it outside of what someone says on a forum.

You can start in this thread, which is ironic considering how many haven't even played it yet

From what I could read here (and see in various videos), Nu is awfully strong and annoying to fight, some (many?) characters are boring to play, they kinda removed all the broken stuff of everyone, the game became dull. The two new characters are terribad, and the top tiers are always the same.

Looks like the balance patch didn't really fix many issues some characters could meet in their gameplan.

Nu's back to being at the top of the food chain? Bottom characters still suck? Celica's not good? Man, that's laaaaaaaaame, especially in the case of Celica, who I was looking forward to playing as. Well, that kinda kills CPX's release for me. I mean, I'd probably still get it to try Celica + figure out why Bullet exists plot-wise other than to have folks make butt jokes about her, but it's not a priority.

If the games doesn't come with a patch, then I hope at the very least they cram those two Nintendo DS BlayzeBloo games on the PS4/X1 versions as incentive to buy it. Not that a couple of Power Stone clones with Smash Bros. elements would move anyone's decision to get CPX, but it's something?

Nu's back to being at the top of the food chain? Bottom characters still suck? Celica's not good? Man, that's laaaaaaaaame, especially in the case of Celica, who I was looking forward to playing as. Well, that kinda kills CPX's release for me. I mean, I'd probably still get it to try Celica + figure out why Bullet exists plot-wise other than to have folks make butt jokes about her, but it's not a priority.

If the games doesn't come with a patch, then I hope at the very least they cram those two Nintendo DS BlayzeBloo games on the PS4/X1 versions as incentive to buy it. Not that a couple of Power Stone clones with Smash Bros. elements would move anyone's decision to get CPX, but it's something?

Well Izayoi became kinda strong afaik. But that's it.

I would still try the game and see for yourself if i were you. I'm not in your shoes, these are only the reports from various sources (top players feedbacks and comments from here, for what they are worth). Maybe you'll like it.

I know I won't so much, and i'm sure i won't buy it full price.

I mean we could wait for the game to be out before judging it one way or another. It could have a new balance. It could have new characters. It could have new modes n' things. It could have several things that make it worthwhile. I can't really say. It's not out yet.

Already it's cross compatable and has new story content for those who care about those sorts of things, so lets's just see where this takes us.

I'm under the impression that CPX was just made to have baby bro BB follow big bro GG onto the PS4.

Yeah, this. Lots of Japanese devs have been in kind of a hurried frenzy lately to port everything they can onto the PS4 (especially Square-Enix, who's in the process of dumping pretty much every major FF onto it). The system not selling nearly as well as expected in its first year really spooked everyone in the JPN industry who's remained committed to console hardware, and they're trying to build up a decent install base as fast as they can before the PS3 dies off and their anchor of stability is gone.

I mean we could wait for the game to be out before judging it one way or another. It could have a new balance. It could have new characters. It could have new modes n' things. It could have several things that make it worthwhile. I can't really say. It's not out yet.

Already it's cross compatable and has new story content for those who care about those sorts of things, so lets's just see where this takes us.

Yeah, here's the funny thing. Most people here aren't saying "I'm not going to buy this" but rather "I'm not going to pay full price for this." Which means that, basically, people are going to be playing the "wait and see what's in this game" before buying.

They could put a Tsubaki Nendroid in the box and sell it to me day 1, but that seems unlikely. :P

Honestly though, I want to wait and let some early adopter take the risk for me; If this is a clean, polished product (which CP is absolutely not) and so on and so forth, I'll be more inclined to buy it.

There's actually been surprisingly little idiotic internet grandstanding in this thread.

I can definitely say I will not pay full price for this.

I'll wait until the PS4 version gets a heavy price drop and then I'll buy. AKA the same thing that happened to CSEX (how long did it take to get a price drop? 2 or 3 months?)

No matter how others feel (high calibur player or not), I will be buying. In part because I never owned CP previously even though I had access, and partially because I enjoy the series and believe that the only opinion that matters when it comes to my enjoyment is mine.

I remember being told not to get into Guilty Gear because it was too technical and unforgiving on newcomers. Turned out to be one of my all time favorites. Nothing beats personal playing experience IMO.

I remember being told not to get into Guilty Gear because it was too technical and unforgiving on newcomers. Turned out to be one of my all time favorites. Nothing beats personal playing experience IMO.

You know what beats personal experience playing? Getting a properly put together game at an appropriate price, rather than a rushed bodge that drops key features from previously releases.

Believe it or not, the 1v1 fighting is not the only component of these games, and the other stuff DOES MATTER.

You know what beats personal experience playing? Getting a properly put together game at an appropriate price, rather than a rushed bodge that drops key features from previously releases.Believe it or not, the 1v1 fighting is not the only component of these games, and the other stuff DOES MATTER.

I wasn't aware of stating that "other stuff" didn't matter. I just gave perspective from my point of view. I apologize if this bothers others for some reason, but as I said, the discomfort of other players will not stop me from experiencing for myself firsthand before passing judgement.

Top tier chars are not the same....neither the bottom. I mean the only one retaining the top tier spot is litchi. And amane and terumi are the low tier chars that didn't get much (and this is from random tier lists people posts on twitter...). I don't know if the patch improved the balance but from what I've seen, tiers are very different from before. We are worrying too early about something we don't know...

Getting a properly put together game at an appropriate price, rather than a rushed bodge that drops key features from previously releases.

This is purely opinion and changes on a per-person basis. I've never made a game of this scale or tried to do what they do, so I can't say "they're not doing it right." I can say that I don't enjoy what they've done, but that problem ends with me. Appropriate cost is also different per person. I'd have paid 200 dollars for CP without issue. Most people would say "It's insane because all other games are 60 dollars!", but I haven't played other fighting games for 5000+ matches online. I'd still have gotten a steal at 200 dollars, entertainment-wise. Think of the guys playing these games in arcades. They have 5000+ matches logged on that Nesica card. Let's assume they only win half of those. That's still roughly a DOLLAR  for half of those matches. That's 2500 dollars on that game..not including the paid training mode time or single player matches. If you're worried about a small percentage of that, but still work to get to that level of play, then I don't know what to tell you. Everyone has different time and financial situations, but you're just going to have to line up your priorities.

If it's not worth it to you, don't buy it. If this is a major opinion across the fanbase, then that will tell them that their product may need tweaking.

I'd have paid 200 dollars for CP without issue. Most people would say "It's insane because all other games are 60 dollars!", but I haven't played other fighting games for 5000+ matches online. I'd still have gotten a steal at 200 dollars, entertainment-wise.

All the 360 users pretty much had to get a PS3 just for the CP too.

Wow, so I guess you all would be happy if they just made a game with Offline Versus mode, Player match, and no features, huh?

Why exactly is it offensive that people don't want to pay $60 to FIND OUT what features are included?

All the 360 users pretty much had to get a PS3 just for the CP too.

This is very true.

Wow, so I guess you all would be happy if they just made a game with Offline Versus mode, Player match, and no features, huh?

Why exactly is it offensive that people don't want to pay $60 to FIND OUT what features are included?

I'm not saying I would be happy with all of those removed. I enjoy all of those things. However, with those removed, I'd just have to take that into consideration when determining the product's worth TO ME. In my example, I was talking about CP as it shipped, which included all of those things. I was simply saying to weigh your priorities and spend the money if it is worth it to you. I think we were given a long video detailing the console versions and features specifically for GG before it shipped as well. I could be wrong, but I think I remember that. The new CP has a ton of time to release that kind of information before it is released.That being the case, why would you have to spend the money to find out anything? Especially with a site like Dustloop that compiles the impressions and information from a large group of the game's customer-base.

Because videos and marketing feature lists and nonsense are NOT going to tell me if they've done something stupid like removed "Train While Waiting for Opponents."

The only way I'm going to get this kind of information is to either A) Buy it myself, or B) Let someone else buy it and ask them. B) necessitates some amount of patience, and fits well with the "don't buy it at full price because I don't approve their habit of reselling their games." stance.

Thus, B.

I would still try the game and see for yourself if i were you. I'm not in your shoes, these are only the reports from various sources (top players feedbacks and comments from here, for what they are worth). Maybe you'll like it.

Oh, I'm not ruling out trying the game. April's quite a while away and they can still reveal some neat thing to justify me getting it full price as opposed to playing the "wait until the price drops" game.

Like, I don't know, having a freakin' sound test. I'd pay top dollar to have that back.  :v:

You're absolutely right. We're all kinda jumping the gun here. Apparently the game's, like, 60% done. Let's wait and see what that last 40% is, and then judge accordingly.

I'm not against your B) route. However, with our current resources, B) takes less than 10 minutes, so it comes back to your priorities. By all means, wait until you have all of the information at your disposal before you make a decision, but it doesn't take months to get there.

..and as an aside, the fastest way to gain all of that information would be playing a copy yourself (not necessarily your own), which goes back to StylisH's point of personal playing experience.

That's just not the impression I get when people say "I need to play it to know!" (And most of those statements are followed by "I'll buy it anyway.")

They could put a Tsubaki Nendroid in the box and sell it to me day 1, but that seems unlikely. :P

I wouldn't write that off too quickly. Didn't Tsubaki come in 1st place in a character popularity poll awhile back?

That's just not the impression I get when people say "I need to play it to know!" (And most of those statements are followed by "I'll buy it anyway.")

That is their/our choice