Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jay Springs

Help w/ Combos..what gives?!?!

Hi DL forum goers, I'm new here! I've been wanting to get into BB for awhile now and chose to take the plunge recently. I currently have CT(got it from a friend a couple months ago) and I just bought CS:EX not too long after. I play a variety of FGs so I'm affluent at picking up combos, nuances, etcetera fairly well. It's just went it comes to this game and doing combos the Heat combo counter always seems to go blue on me. I mean u get me on any other game and I can pull off the trickiest of things, infinites in Marvel, one frame links in SF4..plink dashing but doing basic stuff on here seems ridiculous. I've slowed my timing down made some adjustments and things are progressing. It just irks me that even though their still be hit in what seems like a normal combo that at anytime they can start teching. It feels like this game can be unforgiving starting off and I've heard others I know allude yo the same thing about their combos more often than not causing the Heat combo counter to turn blue. Any help would be appreciated.. I've watched hella vids, tuts, combo vids to see if anyone specifically made any vids about the combo system but I could find anything..help me out folks :)

The combo counter turning blue means you didn't really combo. The opponent could have teched because you missed the timing. Turn on air techs and ground techs and practice combos that way.

EDIT: What combo are you doing?

Well yea I know they can tech when it turns blue and thanks for chiming in. It just seems like the timing on doing stuff in this game is way strict for no reason.

Ex: let's I do 5B, 5C, 6A jc J5C, J5D jc JCxx214C in or near the corner..at the end of the 214C it almost always turns blue..I just wanna be able to do something afterwards so I can keep going like 5D so I get the ground bounce into the spike move

Former EX Ragna main here.

In the combo you posted, it looks like you're having trouble with comboing after Belial Edge. With that move you have to adjust your aerial height with a super jump after 6A I belive (instead of a normal jump). If I remember correctly, being too low after the j.C > j.D > jc > j.C can cause j.214C to miss your opponent completely.

You also might try to decrease the number of air hits you do. Like just do j.C > j.D > j.214C; ....or j.C > jc > j.C > j.214C.

Problems with combos can be pretty specific, so if you have difficulty with any other combo pathways then it would be a good idea to post them too.

Good luck.