Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeWhoRocksAlot

[Xrd] Tier Discussion

May, Sol, Elphelt, Chipp, I-no I think are the only characters with 4f normals. Chipp and Sol have 3f normals tho.

Ram 5p is 4f as well.

Wow.....I have no words.....you have played Xrd right?

yea you wanna play me? I'll bust your ass and hopefully she's your main character so you can show me something with her otherwise I advise you to shut your gay mouth. Add Vectic on psn 

Lol at Millia being S tier. You scrubs need to level up she has no range, no health and no anti air 

I have always questioned the fact of her being S-tier: She has awesome mixups, but her neutral, damage, pressure and defense are just bullshit. Still I play her because she's damn fast, has two air dashes and her core gameplay are the knockdowns.

I have always questioned the fact of her being S-tier: She has awesome mixups, but her neutral, damage, pressure and defense are just bullshit. Still I play her because she's damn fast, has two air dashes and her core gameplay are the knockdowns.

What. I mean, her neutral is difficult to grasp, yes. But once you learn how to effectively use pin, it opens up sooo many options to get in. People will always have to respect pin as an option-it's too good otherwise. Tandem top oki can be the end of the match, so the lower damage I don't think is so bad. Secret garden setups are terrifying, btw. And with this being only some of her strengths and not the laundry list of other stuff I (and most other people) can see the top tier in her. Only thing is, she IS with faults, so she isn't OP. Just the best in the game imho

yea you wanna play me? I'll bust your ass and hopefully she's your main character so you can show me something with her otherwise I advise you to shut your gay mouth. Add Vectic on psn

A very mature response, although that is to be expected from a netplay superstar. I'll humor you though. I don't play Millia (obviously), and coming into a video game forum spouting off nonsense about everyone being scrubs and throwing around unbased homophobic name calling while having a name like that won't get you very far. Hell I won't even mention the quality of product NRS has put out lately.

If you want a match that badly I'll see you online, but I'd be careful with your posting habits, seeing as you can only put one foot in your mouth at a time. Good day sir.

FWIW, I consider Zato and Ram to be higher than Millia, though I get the feeling this dude is simply feeling himself over netplay...

If I had to make a tier list right now it'd be:

S: Zato, Ram

A: Millia, Faust

B+: Venom, I-No

B: Sol, Ky, Elph

B-: Sin, May, Chipp

C+: Leo, Axl

C: Pot

C-: Bedman

D: Slayer

FWIW, I consider Zato and Ram to be higher than Millia, though I get the feeling this dude is simply feeling himself over netplay...

I'd put Elph, I-No and Chipp higher, but it's an agreeable list

A very mature response, although that is to be expected from a netplay superstar. I'll humor you though. I don't play Millia (obviously), and coming into a video game forum spouting off nonsense about everyone being scrubs and throwing around unbased homophobic name calling while having a name like that won't get you very far. Hell I won't even mention the quality of product NRS has put out lately.

If you want a match that badly I'll see you online, but I'd be careful with your posting habits, seeing as you can only put one foot in your mouth at a time. Good day sir.

Don't be coming at the best fighting game studio in the world. See you soon....scrub

You're getting trolled, you should know better.

You're getting trolled, you should know better.

I know, but I'm bored and throwing back a few, so what the hell

I never knew youtube comments got this outta hand. This dude isnt offering anything good to the discussion though, so that's grounds to complain right? xD

Bedman that bad, eh? I mean, I don't disagree, but it does make me feel good about myself. Honestly Axl seems a bit high from how I've played, cuz it seems so easy to hit him out of anything.

Digital Watches brings up a good point.  I know we have our matchup threads, and the console characters are still REALLY young, but has there ever been an actual matchup chart put out for this game, either by a community consensus, or a top player, besides that inherently flawed Eventhubs one?  I know the arcades had something like that but, IIRC, that was just based off of data for those specific machines in each establishment It seems like it could be really idea if the right people wanted to get the ball rolling and hash it out after everything has a bit more time to develop.

I never knew youtube comments got this outta hand. This dude isnt offering anything good to the discussion though, so that's grounds to complain right? xD

Bedman that bad, eh? I mean, I don't disagree, but it does make me feel good about myself. Honestly Axl seems a bit high from how I've played, cuz it seems so easy to hit him out of anything.

The issue with Bedman is that he requires a crazy amount of momentum to turn a round in his favor. I legitimately think he only has two even matchups in Ky and Axl, and that's only because they can't shut him down the way most characters can.

If you're doing well with Bedman, then good on you. I just call them as I see them.

The issue with Bedman is that he requires a crazy amount of momentum to turn a round in his favor. I legitimately think he only has two even matchups in Ky and Axl, and that's only because they can't shut him down the way most characters can.

If you're doing well with Bedman, then good on you. I just call them as I see them.

What does Bedman have against Axl that prevents Axl from shutting him down? I haven't really seen any Japanese Bedman vs Axl matches so I can't say...

From what I've seen, Bedman is a bad matchup for Pot. Yeah, even if FAB beat Tsubu.

Well, first thing I can think of is we can 6P, 2P, or air grab a lot of his close up pressure. Sparrowhawk isnt very good in general imo, but if you try it, dashing or sj.236S are easy methods of getting close and punishing. Its mostly because his moves are full of hurtboxes, at least thats my view on it. I thought that was the reason he wasnt doin so well in general was because of his massively extended hurtbox during his zoning moves.

somehow I'm not sure with Ram being S, I feel like she is on the line with Millia., well her combo deals quite some dmg and her oki is nice but she has no health, no escape, and bad neutrals.

I've seen Batako getting destroyed by random Bedman.

Bad neutral? She has great mobility and extremely good normals, especially with her swords.

EDIT: http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/xrd/index.html?tc=ya0-trl58pnu8iksckj44a8r2y5pgdi7aigl5v9ncpa68igwetmc6v97gelb4nchcrau56csft-bkf-namAceOfHearts

Just my take on the tiers of this game. Some characters, like Venom, I have very little experience with, so take it with a grain of salt.

Bad neutral? She has great mobility and extremely good normals, especially with her swords.

EDIT: http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/xrd/index.html?tc=ya0-trl58pnu8iksckj44a8r2y5pgdi7aigl5v9ncpa68igwetmc6v97gelb4nchcrau56csft-bkf-namAceOfHearts

Just my take on the tiers of this game. Some characters, like Venom, I have very little experience with, so take it with a grain of salt.

I'd argue that Bedman is a rather well rounder character. He has tools for most situations (good low profile in 2S, good scare tactic with 2/3H, a projectile, deja vu for oki, 8 way dash, solid throw game, quasi-reversal in the form of dash). It's not that he doesn't have tools (except for true reversal ofc), it's just that he doesn't have moves that he can throw out recklessly.

The one thing that seems consistent that I've seen, is that we know who's really strong, who's just strong, who's ok, not ok, and simply behind most of the cast.  The order will keep shifting for a least another month or two, and then we'll have some solid criteria to go off of.

I wasn't going to comment on this list before, but it is messing with my head far too much to stay quiet. What this tier list tells me is that characters are utter trash which is not the case, instead they low tiers are not as strong as the top tiers. This tier list is as if someone made a list for the characters in fucking third strike or some nonesense.

I will agree, that with the entrance of the dlc characters, there is legitimately a C tier. However, NOBODY in this game is fucking Q or Akatsuki tier because that is what fucking D and C- minus tier tell me.

Fucking crazy

At most this game is goes S to C in rating of tiers. 

S: These guys are pretty much acknowledged as being good in both match-up theory and in tournament results.

A:  Very strong with only a few issues in match-ups that require some adjustments to your gameplan.

B: While not "bad" by definition, characters here often get compared to other A & S tier for having a similar type of gameplan that is more consistent or effective.

C:  You have a either a very strict gameplan or one that is hard to start against some of the cast.  Very often associated with "gimmick" characters that rely on developing setups or techniques to make up for being out-matched by the rest of the cast in terms of options.

With the DLC entries I feel that Elphelt is in A tier, Sin in B, and Leo at this moment also in B that could rise up to A if people don't learn ways to stop him from getting started.

I mean, for my taste S is usually leaps and bounds above the rest.  I don't really think there is an S here, and if there is it's only going to be eddie millia, that's a big if.

It feels like A to C to me.  Very similar but S tier is usually the characters that just make a bunch of others almost unplayable, I don't think that exists here.  Of course, your S could just mean "the best".

I would argue for an S tier existing in GG. S tier I don't necessarily see as leaps and bounds above; rather, there is something that distinguishes them as being set apart, even if it's only by a small amount.

In the case of Xrd, there is a telling comment I heard about that was supposedly said by Ogawa, where he stated that the reason Sol was not top tier was because he needed to use meter to be truly threatening. I took that statement and used it as a basis to look at the characters who are usually placed in top (Millia, Zato, Faust, and Ramlethal), and I found that typically these characters are not reliant on meter to carry out their main gameplans.

Compare this to characters who you would normally put in A (Sol, Ky, and I-no, for example) and what you would see is that in some aspect, meter usage is a big part of their core strategies. As a Sol player I especially feel this is true, as YRC turns him from a straightforward pressure character into a real monster. But even with zero meter, a good Zato or Millia is perfectly capable of holding their own against the rest of the cast.