Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeWhoRocksAlot

[Xrd] Tier Discussion

why is Slayer that much worse than #R Slayer besides the missing bite loop? He's got better air combos, a worse pilebunker, and a bit more options.

why is Slayer that much worse than #R Slayer besides the missing bite loop? He's got better air combos, a worse pilebunker, and a bit more options.

His reward off of mixup has been axed with removal of raw It's Late and meterless combos off of 6K. His 2H is also way worse (though I thought it was retarded in +R, so good riddance). He also just has few ways to confirm into real oki outside of either crouch confirms or spending meter. I don't think he's awful, but he lost too many tools for him to be absurd like he used to be.

His reward off of mixup has been axed with removal of raw It's Late and a meterless combos off of 6K. His 2H is also way worse (though I thought it was retarded in +R, so good riddance). He also just had way few ways to confirm into real oki outside of either crouch confirms or spending meter. I don't think he's awful, but he lost too many tools for him to be absurd like he used to be.

Got sniped before I could speak.  In general, he can't screw you over as bad as he could in AC because while a lot of options are still there, they are nowhere as near as good as they were before.  

Also to hell with his 2H.

No big damage combo for Slayer if you don't have at least 50% meter (in AC all you need is 25%), no bite loop, 6K doesn't combo into anything meterless (you can pretty much block low all day and watch out for dash in throw), and it seems that his normals are worse off compared to older versions. Plus the fact that the new YRC system doesn't seem to benefit him as much, we got a worse Slayer now.

The characters that relied on crucial high damage combos in #R (Slayer, Potemkin) are worse off in Xrd because of the higher guts. What would have been a pivotal CH in previous games is not such a big deal here.

well, that makes sense I guess. Bite actually heals a ridiculous amount of effective HP thanks to the new guts system (at least when you are at low health).

#R Slayer did not have raw It's Late. Non-CH 2H was just a regular hit (no stagger) but it does a dumb little launch now. He also lost CH j.H ground bounce but kept the 80% prorate. You could also gatling c.S -> 6K

Xrd Bite is a lot more damaging with Guard Bar but that's nothing compared to loop of course, before even considering the Tension/stun

As for AC, RIP Hokuto no Slayer

Woshige listed his new tier list on Twitter.
S
Zato, Millia, Faust, Ramlethal, Elphelt

A Sol, Ky, Chipp, I-No

B May, Venom, Bedman, Sin, Axl, Leo, Potemkin, Slayer

I think he mentions that there's little difference between them. Not to sure with the transtation.

S Zato, Millia, Faust, Ramlethal, Elphelt

A Sol, Ky, Chipp, I-No

I think he mentions that there's little difference between them. Not to sure with the transtation.

He says he thinks there's little difference between characters in the same rank, but that the difference is harsher for those two ranks apart.

He says he thinks there's little difference between characters in the same rank, but that the difference is harsher for those two ranks apart.

I can see where he's going with that, his top tier excells at pressure and at least the third of the bottom tier I know about (Bedman, May, Venom) get bent over by good pressure.

I kinda want slayer to get back some variant of the bite loop.  Like 3 reps unless you mash like crazy then jump.  But if you jump, maybe he can land some hit to make a mixup. 

I don't know, I liked the bite loop, I just didn't want it to end the round.

S Zato, Millia, Faust, Ramlethal, Elphelt

A Sol, Ky, Chipp, I-No

The entire world is napping on Venom, I just don't understand it.....

I think the reason why Venom is not considered higher is because of how technical he is and yet not having an unblockable set-up to go with it.

His mixups are pretty strong once he has a ball out to cover him as he goes for overheads or empty jump lows but some of his normals are lackluster in frame advantage or whiffing on crouchers on the hits like c.S.

He at least should be a low A at worst, but good venoms are rare.

I think the reason why Venom is not considered higher is because of how technical he is and yet not having an unblockable set-up to go with it.

His mixups are pretty strong once he has a ball out to cover him as he goes for overheads or empty jump lows but some of his normals are lackluster in frame advantage or whiffing on crouchers on the hits like c.S.

He at least should be a low A at worst, but good venoms are rare.

True, but it should take a bit more than average normals to justify lowering a character to B tier.  His neutral, pressure, oki, mixup, and ability to knockdown are ridiculous.  Which is odd, considering I-No has these same qualities and considered A tier at worst, with even worse normals and weirder neutral.

Well let's not forget that most tiers are based on mostly arcade play.  Venom's one super Bishop Runout? 2363214H was never used since it was barely explored in arcades, and Dark Angel's immense chip got stolen by Ram's sword super.

Though comparing Venom to I-no is a little odd since I-no doesn't want to neutral to happen since basic hit confirms can at least carry 1/2 screen and corner push is where she gets even stronger.  Venom's pressure, oki, and mixup are strong once he can get a ball out to start but without them or meter to YRC either [4]6 or [2]8 for pressure he can't just start a high/low mixup like I-no can.

Once Venom gets a knockdown his strengths really shine with oki but he needs to get that first.

Lack of instant huge damage option off a random hit usually sets a character back and his better meterless combos (c.S IAD combos) requires opponent to be hit standing. 

One can't even begin to compare someone who plays a one player game (Ino) to a neutral monster like Venom.

HCL & VCL YRC act as a 3/4 screen punish, instant get in tool, oki/mixup starter, and reversal bait.

Venom doesn't have insane Airgrab range nor a command grab which gives full corner carry.

I'm surprised where they put Axl on this new tier list. While Axl (my main) has a ton of tools to deal with Leo, Pot, and Slayer, I'm shocked to see that he put Axl above Leo.

Personally I think Venom is A Tier tho maybe that's due to me playing Axl lol. Either way I agree with most of this new list.

One can't even begin to compare someone who plays a one player game (Ino) to a neutral monster like Venom.

HCL & VCL YRC act as a 3/4 screen punish, instant get in tool, oki/mixup starter, and reversal bait.

Venom doesn't have insane Airgrab range nor a command grab which gives full corner carry.

No, but at the same time, I seriously cannot find a reason to justify Venom being in a lower tier than hers.