Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrexBrightblade

Input issues

I seem to be having issues doing 236236 motions.  I do them fine in blazblue and P4A, but for some reason I can't consistently pull them off in this game (D-pad user).  On an interesting note, if I use the analog stick, I can get them nearly 100% of the time with varying speeds and even a ton of extra input in the motion.  What gives?

Well, inputs are certainly less forgiving than in P4A. It becomes very apparent playing Shadow Chie that this game doesn't care for buffering very much at all. The window for doing so is incredibly short and inputs have to be spot on. It's probably to prevent an even more annoying problem like accidentally buffering something during an OMC or S.Rage activation (which is when the inputs feel most strict for me). It allows you to do something like 214D > 3214A+B+D to get 214D > OMC > 214B with Narukami for example. KOFXIII does a similar thing with its EX and Max mode cancels.

I had a similar issue when I first shifted over to Ultimax. I went into training mode and tried it for a while, and it read the inputs as being correct but the move wouldn't come out. It seemed to me that the timing of the input, particularly whatever button press accompanies the 236236, is stricter than in either P4A or BB. 

I found that it helped with my timing if I tried to press the accompanying button right as I hit the final 6. It just takes a little practice to get used to, but if you mess around in training mode for a while you should be able to get it.

Hope this helps!

I find the easiest way to input it is by using the shortcut (specific to P4AU only) 2623. Sort of like a modified DP motion. It works pretty well and it's easy on stick because you can ride the gate. Not sure if that will help on pad, though.

I find the easiest way to input it is by using the shortcut (specific to P4AU only) 2623.

This is nice. Thanks for this.

I looked into some other shortcut inputs.

2626 (a bit unwieldy)

And these work reversed, for awakening stuff.

So it looks like the game is looking for (down), (forward), (any down), (any forward).

2616 works too (though that input's just terrible).

Unfortunately that also means that 2323 and 23236 will never work, which are my favorite shortcuts from Soul Calibur and Street Fighter respectively...

Oh well.

This is nice. Thanks for this.

I looked into some other shortcut inputs.

2626 (a bit unwieldy)

And these work reversed, for awakening stuff.

So it looks like the game is looking for (down), (forward), (any down), (any forward).

2616 works too (though that input's just terrible).

Unfortunately that also means that 2323 and 23236 will never work, which are my favorite shortcuts from Soul Calibur and Street Fighter respectively...

Oh well.

26236 works too, which some people might like better. 2626 actually worked great for me in the last game and was my primary shortcut, but in this game, 2424 seems to prioritize backdash if you do it too quickly.

they better patch this... (doubt it they will)

214214 are been a ***** to do...

I second the 214214 issue. The other day I was trying to get gears out while playing Labby against a friend, but they wouldn't come out. She just stood there tea bagging furiously before getting smacked with a fan.

That said; I feel like this is a lag thing; personally I've yet to have this occur offline.

I second the 214214 issue. The other day I was trying to get gears out while playing Labby against a friend, but they wouldn't come out. She just stood there tea bagging furiously before getting smacked with a fan.

That said; I feel like this is a lag thing; personally I've yet to have this occur offline.

happens to me offline and online... can't do 214214 facing right and 236236 facing left...