Kiba

[CPEX] Tsubaki Video Thread (Updated 7/3/15)

The combo Konan did here was sexy as hell.

236D > 5C(dash) > 2C > 214D > jcc > CT > 6CC > IAD > j.CC(delay) > 5C > 2CC > j.C > j.CC > j.214A for 4925

Damn that's like FC 3CC damage with the same resources minus the FC. The same combo done now by substituting a RC for the jcc only does like ~4.2k. That's 800 more damage for the same resources.

Also seen here is Konan using 421A to eject out of a 6C because no more jump cancel.

Looks fun. So you need to get in all of those moves to move you as far back as possible. I'll see if I can pull it off right now.

Good luck being able to do 623C > j.236A(delay whiff) > 5B in 1.1. That is impossible. I'm not even skilled enough to land 5C 100% of the time.

I have been trying to land the j.C after the j.C > j.D > j.B for the last 5 hours and I haven't landed it once. Maybe I should just disable tech to test it out.

I'm able to do 5CC > 623C > j.236A(delay whiff) > 5C > 2C > j.7C > j.236A but that is pretty high off the ground.

In the Azrael match I kept seeing the Azrael get CH by 5B after mashing if Setoka ended a pressure string with 22B. I wonder if they made it more advantageous on block. The Azrael could have just been mashing really late, though. What surprised me was that 5B was not trading with Azrael's 5A which happens every single goddamn time right now. Maybe they adjusted the hitboxes? Again this just could be the Azrael mashing incorrectly.

Something that really concerns me is the fact that 5A>2C is no longer a thing. So if you, for example, get a stray air CH near the ground with j.C and then touch the ground, you will have to do 5C to catch the opponent on their descent. You can try to do 5A>5C>2C but the knock back and spacing might make 2C whiff.

Maybe. 

Azrael was spamming 5C which is 15f, 22B is currently -6 and 5B is 10f. So if he mashes a little late, it's no wonder he's getting CHed.

But yeah, 22B looks better. Need to be tested

Ah, I probably should have rewatched the video on my computer instead of basing what I posted on what I saw on my phone. At the time, I swore he was doing 5A, but, after watching it now, you are right. He definitely was not doing 5A. I saw the startup of 5C the first time the 5B CH happened, but I'm not sure what it was the second time.

It'd be nice if 22B was at least -2 or maybe a bit more instead of where it is right now. Lets see. at least with the 5C example, if he had mashed it right after 22B, 5B would either need to be faster or 22B had to be at least -4.

Goro (MK) VS Kuresu (TS)

Oh boy that 5C punish combo. Kuresu in charge of coming up with the sexiest combos possible.

[CH] 5C > 6CC > IAD > j.CC(delay) > 5C > 2C > 214B > 623C > j.236A(delay whiff) > 5C > 2C > j.C > j.CC > j.214A [4155 DM] [30% HG]

Lots of things that I could be pointing out, but the things that stick out the most are the fact that Kuresu was using 2B in order to pick up after j.236D > j.214D instead of 6C. Also, he struggled to follow up j.214D with 2A a few times as well which worries me. I don't think he was able to pick up with 2A into a combo midscreen at all in fact. Might just be a Makoto specific thing, though.

Also, I don't know if this is just the video playing tricks on me, but Tsubaki seems to reach top speed like almost immediately as if there is no acceleration at all. They did this change on Kagura, so I wonder if it also got done to Tsubaki.

Oh yeah one thing that I am pretty sure the Japanese Tsubakis were talking about on twitter was how that 3C cannot be used out of anything anymore as in we aren't going to be getting 3CC enders anymore.

No one ever adequately explained to me why you'd have wanted to do a 3CC ender in CP1 anyway, so....

There is no reason. The only time you'd ever want to do it was after j.214D and that was only because it was the only thing that would connect without burning another charge or RCing the j.214D, and now you can just dash 2A after j.214D. 3CC had a slightly better safejump situation (safejumping after it beats Houtenjin and Kagura's DP) but 2A>5C>2C>214B would also give you a safejump that'd beat those options as well.

There is no reason. 

Well there is and you explained these reasons just after.

3CC would allow you to both have okizeme + safejump after j.214D. I believe this is no small matter.

I was answering within the context of "why would you want to do it over any other ender" which seemed to be more what Airk's question was implying, in which case I stand by my answer. 

Goro (MK) VS Kuresu (TS)

Man they just keep running into each other don't they. It's like less than half of the new combo routes I have been seeing Kuresu use work on Makoto. Damn I really hope everything isn't more character specific than it currently is for Tsubaki combos.

Oh man this is great. I have been waiting for a video with this level of analysis. Thanks man.

6A starter midscreen with 1 dingle and 25 heat into 4k is amazing.

623D > j.214A(w) > 2C is reliable midscreen.

Being able to follow up 236D is based on height. 421D > 236D launches high enough to follow with 6C even on a standing opponent while you only need 236D to go into 6C if the opponent is already in the air.

OH BOY. Okay so j.214D is can be followed up with 623C > j.236A(w)/j.214A(w) > 5C instead of 2A > 5C to continue the combo. That's amazing.

Wait wait wait. I just saw 236A > 214B > 22 > 5D > 6C in the corner. How is that possible when 5C isn't? Does it have to do with OTG-ability? Does that mean you can follow up with 2B?

What did they do to 22B?

They must have increased 6C's untech time or decreased 22's time to reach full charge because using 6C on a grounded non-standing target cannot be followed up with 22 at the moment.

Also that 3CC. Damn. They must have decreased the recovery or increased the launch height or something.

Looks like 236C > 236236D is a thing too.

236236C in OD followup is damn cool. I guess it will be useful combo fodder now if you are willing to blow the OD but don't want to spend all of your charges by going into Mugen. It does have a 92 P2.

So apparently the music for Tsubaki's theme music power up is mariachi? Who knew? :P  Some of that stuff was sick. Still trying to parse it.

From looking at the video some more I think I know the difference between j.236A > j.214A ender and j.214A ender besides the difference in charge gained which is shown at the very start of the video.

j.214A has much less untech time as it seems to allow tech upon reaching the ground while j.236A > j.214A causes a slight amout of slide before the tech window opens. It sort of looks like j.214A causes a very very subtle bounce.

Also, if 5CC > 236D > 22 > 5D > 6C works in the corner then the untech scaling shouldn't be too terrible for the link.

Tsubaki Yayoi Combo Tutorial

[11/07/2014] Kuresu (TS) vs. YENGE (JI)[Tachikawa Singles]

[11/07/2014] Ryuusei (JI) vs. Kuresu (TS)[Tachikawa Singles]

[11/07/2014] Yamashiro (TG) vs. Kuresu (TS)[Tachikawa Singles]

[11/07/2014] Yoshiki (NU) vs. Kuresu (TS)[Tachikawa Singles]

[11/08/2014] ? (KA) vs. Kuresu (TS)[Central Hachiouji 3 on 3]

[11/08/2014] Osaka (LI) vs. Kuresu (TS)[Central Hachiouji 3 on 3]

[11/08/2014] Koreru (IZ) vs. Kuresu (TS)[Central Hachiouji 3 on 3]

[11/08/2014] Serizawa (MU) vs. Kuresu (TS)[Central Hachiouji 3 on 3]

[11/08/2014] HARA (RG) vs. Kuresu (TS)[Central Hachiouji 3 on 3]

[11/10/2014] Mabukapu (RE) vs. Kuresu (TS)[Central Hachiouji FT5]

[11/08/2014] Rasukaru (TS) vs. Ronitta (CE)[Fujisawa Fanfan 3 on 3]

Man that match with Yoshiki. Yoshiki was able to legitimately hold Kuresu down in one spot for nearly 6 seconds. I'm really going to hate this matchup even more than I do now and I know it. That 4D.

Yellow is increase, blue is decrease, and white is no change. From the looks of it, they really just buffed up Tsubaki's normal P2 values immensely. This is the root of her great 2.0 damage. I can't believe I missed the chart the first few times watching the combo tutorial video.

TX7zWBQ.png