Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZeroRaider

[CP2.0] Hazama Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

What to know
  • -New Version, New thread.
  • -This thread is for Hazama's gameplay discussion.
  • -Combo theory goes in the combo thread.
  • -Extended off-topic posting goes in the trash.
  • -Guymam still sucks.

Version 2.0 Changes
  • -The Ouroboros drive has a gauge now with 3 stocks and recovers faster if you have less of it.
  • -Hitting opponent with a chain only restores 1 stock now.
  • -6C now gatlings into various drive normals on hit.
  • -6C bounces on air hit.
  • -Airthrow bounces opponent higher.
  • -Forward throw has reduced knockback, making followup combos easier.
  • -Life steal ring doesn't vanish during new OD Mizuchi Rekkazan.
  • -New version of Jayoku Houtenjin for OD as well.
  • -S version of stance charges slightly faster.
  • -Normal Ressenga causes knockdown on hit, increased start-up. S version cause ground bounce.
  • -Jabaki input changed to 236A.
  • -Jabaki can now be canceled into Stance on hit.
  • -Chain cancel (D~A) costs a stock.
  • -5th jC hit has increased knockback.
  • -Normal Zaneiga causes stagger on hit, decreased start-up.
  • -Hirentotsu no longer has Hard Knockdown.
  • -5A whiffs over crouching Hakumen now.

Will edit changes list when neccesary, other than that, have at it.

From Mitsurugi, we still have decent damage off midscreen b.throw:

4投げ>5C6C>5DD>J2スカ>2C>4DA>J8DD>JC6>ヒレン 3500位

CP2 Hazama is going to amazing, trading a bit of mobility (although Hazama does have more chain options with full stock now), possibly slightly lower damage midscreen off common starters(?) for better pressure/new corner routes is going to be worth it.

GCOD hountejin also has a lot of potential.

I wonder how the GCOD metagame is going to workout for us though, I'm not too sure how the mechanic works but I don't think it's going to impact us too much given how Hazama's pressure is more about doing a couple of really fast normals xx cmd grab/214d~/resetting back to neutral than setting up "long" blockstrings, moving back ending blockstrings with 6C could prove useful when dealing with people looking to GCOD.

It could also be why they decided to buff 6C so much this time around after what, 5 games? where it was at best a glorified combo fodder.

http://youtu.be/Vxcs6xrzhQU?t=5m48s

It seems like chains and jabs got their combo time reduced?

In this match you can see 5DD > j.B > 5B > 5C > 3C > Gasshou > 5A > 5C dropping after 5A, 2AAA > 5B > 2B > 3C also drops after 2B

I'm guessing the jab nerf is universal? Under also dropped a short combo into super off his 5A, I don't know Tager combos but that might mean something.

I also noticed that stocks regen even when Hazama's getting comboed, but not in the normal way. I haven't figured out exactly how they work, but you'll see the stocks charging up a little a couple of times while he's getting hit.

Oh and there's no regen while airborne ayyyyyyyyyyyy :vbang:

No Ressen ender and Hiren sucking even more balls, as well as shitty normal Zaneiga starter are probably going to hurt a lot. I'm just hoping that we can get something off Zaneiga stagger ender, it's definitely not gonna be Sekkajin or old Bang 5D but there might be potential here.

It also seems like we lost tons of damage off normal hits midscreen, and Houtenjin remains as lackluster as it's on 1.1. All that paired with the mobility nerf make me wonder how they want this character to play out. They've been immensely confused since 1.1, make up your mind please instead of doing random changes with every new balance patch k

Also Sey, how's his pressure any better? Jabaki stance cancel is pretty much only combo fodder, S.Zanei is faster but still too slow while regular Zanei seems bad, and Ressenga got slower. Unless there've been rogue buffs that I'm unaware off, he seems worse in pretty much every aspect.

So what does hits pressure and mix ups look like now? Ressenga used to be my main source of pressure and mix ups. That new knockdown is going to change things.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24681129?ref=search_tag_video

jabaki > zaneiga > 2b > 3c > gasshou works so raw zaneiga should work too... though dmg should be worse compared to 1.1

ch 3c > j.zaneiga works

ch 3c > 5c > jump cancel od > od houtenjin is hype but the video has some notes regarding it. No idea what it is saying though..

Man where are the top players footage.

Hooray for combos. Combos, Combos, Combos. Want some fries with that beatdown?

Looks like in this one Ol' Haz is taking advantage of the new changes a bit more.
Also I'm not writing the combos down this time because fuck you they are right in the damn video.

I'll do it later.

Looks like he gets a bit more meter after Hotenjin? Anybody else?

He gets just a little more overall now.
Most likely its from the change in his combos, and we sure as hell know j.C ain't givin' no meter, nuh-uh sir.
I mean from this combo:
5B > 5C > 3C > 214D~66B > 5A > 5C > 5D > 214D~66A > 5C > 2C > 4D~A > j.8D~D > j.Cx2 > j.Cx5 > j.214B

he nets 29 Heat, where as an old route would usually get about 25-26 heat.

Going through the backlogs and updating the video thread bit by bit this week.
Heaven forbid anyone else sort through them!

If you really need to, I guess you can use the abandoned pinned threads for that.
JUST ANYWHERE BUT HERE

Let's all get together and pray that they buff Hazama in some way

Dora said Hazama is one of the strongest character in CP2.

Both Umanohone (top valk) and Kaichou (top? Izayoi) put Hazama along Nu and Valk in S tier on their tier list.

I was right. :^)

The Hazama Cycle never fails.

NEVER.

FAILS.

Which means in CPE1.1 he's getting nerfed right?

214D~A has feet invincibility now ahaha, amazing.

It is slightly slower, but it's literally a hop kick kind of move now.

Example application: Tao used to be able to IB our 5B and then just mash on her 2B to beat a lot of stuff, now if she IB 5B and mashes 2B our 214D~A will jump and punish her 2B.