Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viserys

[11/1/14] BBCP PSN Tournament: AniClash - Will be Streamed!

I thought I'd post here in case anyone wanted to join last minute. Right now we have about 6-8 players, and maybe more that haven't confirmed their attendance yet. 

Ani-Clash-Logo.png

Hosted by Anime Inspirations

Streaming on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/anime_inspirations 

Commentary will be provided, but I am looking for a co-commentator if anyone is interested.

#aniclashbb

Youtube  - Where matches will be uploaded

Who am I?
A fan with a passion for Blazblue. I'm not good at the game, but I want to organize online tournaments and become more knowledgeable on the game through commentating. My commentary isn't the best, but I hope it will improve over time. It would be great to be cast with a co-commentator if anyone is interested. I do various things like stream on Twitch, my most recent work being Tears to Tiara II. Also, I host an anime website whose goal is to examine anime in a different light, highlighting inspirational content and quotes.

Tournament Information
Note that this tournament is mainly a test run, there won't be any prizes. If the interest is high enough and we get atleast 4 entrants, the tourney will be held. I do want to hold a larger event in the future with actual cash prizes and a 0 entry fee to garner support and entries. If you would like to support this tournament and additional ones in the future, why not enter?
If your PSN Name and Online Handle Differ, please provide both. This is to help avoid confusion.

Deadline / Event Date
Deadline: Saturday November 1st 9:30AM EST. 
Tournament Begins Saturday November 1st 10AM EST.
  • You must register by the deadline to be entered into the tournament, there will be no late entrants. 
Registration Tournament Rules

Standard Evo / Match Rules.

1. Double Elimination
  2. All Rounds Best of 3
  3. [bracket] - Matches are Best of 3
  4. [Top 8] - Matches are Best of 5 (Probably changed to Losers/Winners Finals Only based on Entrants)
Attendance / Player Cap
  • The Player Cap is set at 32. Since this tournament is a test run, I am testing the duration of the tournament and how things will go.
  • Attendance - If you are not present for your match, we will shuffle to the next game where the players are present. If we perform a full rotation and you are still not present, you will be disqualified
  • Runtime - This Tournament may run until 5PM Eastern Standard Time (EST). It's a trial run, so I hope to improve how the tournament is ran in later iterations. 
FAQS
How will I know when my match is?
The tournament will be run in order of the matches in the Challonge Bracket (unless players are absent) so keep the bracket page in mind. Note that the seeds will be shuffled once before we start, so the preview will not accurately reflect the match lineup. That said, I cannot predict a set time for each match. An individual match could run up to 5 minutes, and game 3's could be up to 15 minutes. 

Will every match be streamed/uploaded?
Yes. If some reason you don't want your match uploaded to Youtube, PM Anime Inspirations (my channel).

Attendance / DQ Questions
Please see the rules above. You don't have to be actively present for all of the tournament. However, if we cycle through the tournament and you are not here for the second time, you will be DQ'ed. 

Additional Questions
Direct any comments suggestions or questions to the GameFAQ's thread or my twitch channel. 

Communication

You can communicate in various ways. It is recommended to join anime inspirations twitch channel  (where the event will be held) so that you can leave your comments or questions. 

• GameFAQS Message Boards
  • Dustloop
  • Twitch Channel
  • Lobby (Will be called AniClash Tournament in-game) - My PSN is Zanthos. Note that I am the admin of the Anime Inspirations Twitch Channel and will be hosting this tournament. My other online alias is Viserys which is my main handle for anything related to Anime Inspirations. Note that you need to tune into the twitch stream in order to hear commentary audio. I may or may not be able to communicate easily in the actual lobby. 

Will you do this again in the future?

Yes. The registration for the second tournament is already up. I'll create a thread.