Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blitz

Accent Core "Come back" Glitch

The FB input is actually much much less strict in the US PS2 version compared to the Japanese one I'm pretty sure. I think you couldn't do HS buffer into Roger Rush in the Japanese version? You can do that now, so you can just go:

You could. there was just a slight delay in how you buffer it vs the other calls, but it still worked (both FB roger rush, and non-FB)...i wanna say it was the same timing as it is on the US actually, with that slight delay before the input, i dunno. My JPN version stopped working a bit ago, which forced me to drop the $$ to buy the US version, so i cant go back and verify the timing difference if there's one :(

To clarify though, what I'm talking about is buffering without the use of the glitch at all in the traditional sense of "release the button for a frame, then press it again." In this case you buffer into the force break with H held down and then let go just kinda whenever. Is that what you're talking about? Anyway SD: keep in mind that the method I listed actually has the same effect as doing the glitch by sliding your finger from H to D, but allows you a little more control over how far back the yo-yo goes before it turns into Roger and whether it hits or not, similar to how you can control any yo-yo glitch application by timing it differently during the hitstop of a move. Also I've been playing on a stick with a broken H button for the past year or so so I haven't been able to play Bridget, but we just fixed the buttons on my stick and all of a sudden I can do the close S infinite semi-consistently... sweet. Now to hit with it. Has anyone ever verified that this actually is a glitch? I'm curious. It's documented in the mook, which makes you wonder if it was in there by design...

To clarify though, what I'm talking about is buffering without the use of the glitch at all in the traditional sense of "release the button for a frame, then press it again." In this case you buffer into the force break with H held down and then let go just kinda whenever. Is that what you're talking about?

Sorta :keke:. its kinda hard to explain what i was going for, although u did hit 1 of the points.

We should all just get a room...

OR BE ON THE 3v3 BRIDGET FRXI TEAM!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH

Im not against either thought! :eng101:

Is that team thing even going to still happen?

Anyway SD: keep in mind that the method I listed actually has the same effect as doing the glitch by sliding your finger from H to D, but allows you a little more control over how far back the yo-yo goes before it turns into Roger and whether it hits or not, similar to how you can control any yo-yo glitch application by timing it differently during the hitstop of a move.

Actually, this was very helpful. Thank you. I was just in training messing with gatling-FB glitch combos and I've gotta say;

I love Bridget :keke:

IMHO he's underrated as a character in higher levels of play. Seems like he'd have crazy good lock down & pressure with consistent mastery.

EDIT: I wanna get in on this Bridget team :gonk:

Maybe I could be a backup? :p

I'd say lockdown is actually precisely the thing he's not good at. Look at it like this: a character like Venom or Eddie can turn an opening into a situation where you're basically forced to eventually move in a way that's not in your favor -- if they're not forcing guesses on how to block where the defender's only reward for success is... further blockstun and forced guesses. It's like they get to have their cake and eat it too, because they inherently punish inaction in safe ways. Any character can punish inaction, but not any character can do it from half screen away like the strong offensive characters can and not every character can do it with a billion projectiles and guaranteed mixups following two steps behind. What he is good at is controlling the distance between the two characters once he gains the momentum, which can lead to a similar effect but there is a difference and it is important. Bridget isn't underrated, he's low or bottom tier. The thing is this is a game where bottom tier characters are still perfectly capable of winning.

I'd say lockdown is actually precisely the thing he's not good at. Look at it like this: a character like Venom or Eddie can turn an opening into a situation where you're basically forced to eventually move in a way that's not in your favor -- if they're not forcing guesses on how to block where the defender's only reward for success is... further blockstun and forced guesses. It's like they get to have their cake and eat it too, because they inherently punish inaction in safe ways. Any character can punish inaction, but not any character can do it from half screen away like the strong offensive characters can and not every character can do it with a billion projectiles and guaranteed mixups following two steps behind.

What he is good at is controlling the distance between the two characters once he gains the momentum, which can lead to a similar effect but there is a difference and it is important.

Bridget isn't underrated, he's low or bottom tier. The thing is this is a game where bottom tier characters are still perfectly capable of winning.

I agree with what I think you are saying (It's hard and not necessarily safe for Bridget to gain momentum and apply pressure - tell me if you're saying otherwise). I just feel that his quick pokes and great zoning capabilities give him a unique opportunity. But maybe I'm just using the wrong word here and I'm merely referring to his ability to control space, and not lockdown. I just think that with momentum (which I understand is hard to attain) Bridget can apply constant pressure between himself and his yo-yo.

What I'm trying to say is that even though it's harder for Bridget to get into a situation where he's on the offensive, I think he has a higher potential for maintaining the offensive due to his ability to control space so well.

As for the tier, I could have worded my opinion better. I believe he belongs where he is on the tier list. I just believe that the gap between a bad Bridget player and a good Bridget player is larger than that between a bad, say, Sol/Ky player and a good Sol/Ky player.

Sorry for my mess of a message :P

He you live in cali... maybe we can vs each other.. im southern though. If you can lockdown my Johnny I would give you mad props because its fucken hard to lockdown with Bridget.:psyduck:

He you live in cali... maybe we can vs each other.. im southern though. If you can lockdown my Johnny I would give you mad props because its fucken hard to lockdown with Bridget.:psyduck:

That'd be great fun. Sadly I'm NorCal but maybe we could meet up sometime. Are you going to West Toast X? :keke:

Man..how would someone execute that infinite? I know how to do the glitch, but it looks to be very technical and super strict timing.

actually executing it once u get it started isnt as difficult as most make it out to be...yes, it is very technical and strict on the timing....but it just takes practice before it becomes 2nd nature If anything, the hardest part is actually getting it to land as a hit...there are some reliable setups for it though

Something that would probably require a stick than using a d-pad controller and such.... i use a d-pad for right now, cuz i dont have any cash for a stick. But it works just fine when i work with Zappa. But i've been dying to work with Bridget as a change of pace.

I know this topic hasn't come up in 2 years... >_>;; but I can't seem to do this... maybe I'm doing it wrong..

I don't even know how long 1-3 frames is...

I've done this once. like.. on accident before I heard about DL and everything. and I've always wanted to do it again. but I still have no idea...

use 2 fingers to do it. The moment you let go with one finger immediately use the other finger to press on the heavy slash button. I had so much trouble doing this before but when I read that you had to uses two fingers it made it so much easier on me

oh and are you using pad or stick? If its pad I have no idea what to say

2 frames is 1 second cut in half 7 or 8 times. It's a little bit more than that, because the console port runs faster than arcade. But anyways, it's pretty fast.

So yeah, set out the YoYo,

hold HS,

let go of HS, then hold HS again.

That's all there is to it. Last part just has to be done really really fast. The trick is to keep practicing.

and... another question.. does this work on console version too? and what about ac+?

and thanks for the help. I appreciate it a lot. T//T''

I play pad too. xD I've never played on stick. only Tekken when I was little..