Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viserys

[10/28/2016] AniClash 47 - BBCF Online Tournament

I don't mind that its held by players for the players, just that the organization was so bad. Here's my tip if the Host reads this post;

1. Determine a check-in time, any players that don't check in are DQ'd.

2. Have All players ready to play, and their PSN ID on your friends list for easy Invite access.

3. If time is an issue, Get another Streamer. (I saw a guy named american jin get DQ'd because the host got frustrated from spelling his ID wrong Once, and forgot he was already on his friends list I was rofl the entire time. The best part, not even a minute after he spells his ID wrong, the guy messages the host 12345 and still gets DQ'd because his Challonge Username isn't his PSN ID.)

I stopped watching after I saw alot of players just not want to be in the tournament anymore.

Thanks for the feedback. I will take that into account for next time. 

Final Results:

http://challonge.com/aniclashbb2

umm if you want help i could try to help you run it if you want. i have run stuff like this b4 IRL and am willing to share a thing or 2

umm if you want help i could try to help you run it if you want. i have run stuff like this b4 IRL and am willing to share a thing or 2

We are going the list the changes to be implemented for AniClash 3 when I post that thread, but primarily...

• There will be a check in, if you don't check in, DQ'ed
  • We will select a certain number of matches to be played on stream in each round (winner's bracket) the rest will be played off stream (players have to contact each other).
  • Mandatory to be logged into Twitch Channel for communication purposes.

Information of AniClash 3 was added in the first post. Place your registrations! 

Those are all great changes that will no doubt work to the betterment of the organization and overall experience of the tournament, but I have to say that one of the biggest changes I would recommend is that you find someone else to host the tournament lobby altogether. Even though the 0 Delay Rating everyone was getting was only relative to their connection with you and not necessarily each other, having someone who's internet connection meshes better with the competitors can still make a serious difference in the degree of lag in the matches. As anyone who was there knows, there was no shortage of severely laggy matches in the last tournament and that's an issue that you'd be remiss to not work towards remedying.

Those are all great changes that will no doubt work to the betterment of the organization and overall experience of the tournament, but I have to say that one of the biggest changes I would recommend is that you find someone else to host the tournament lobby altogether. Even though the 0 Delay Rating everyone was getting was only relative to their connection with you and not necessarily each other, having someone who's internet connection meshes better with the competitors can still make a serious difference in the degree of lag in the matches. As anyone who was there knows, there was no shortage of severely laggy matches in the last tournament and that's an issue that you'd be remiss to not work towards remedying.

Ok, thanks. I will take this advice into account for next tournament. 

Just an idea:

You should do a round robin between all 6 champions of every tournament. Top three get prize money. Cool?

Just an idea:

You should do a round robin between all 6 champions of every tournament. Top three get prize money. Cool?

Ok that would be interesting. (If I'm not broke that is LOL). Conveniently enough, I have some statistics from the last 2 tournaments. The purpose of this was to attempt to calculate seeding points for AniClash Yukianesa, it's still a WIP, but interesting stats not the less. Pretty much, 1st placings would have the greatest priority, followed by number of entrants. Player's placing 1st-4th in prior tournaments would have greater priority than lower results. Seeding itself is a little iffy when not every player is ranked, but it would at least eliminate the top placers from eliminating each other early in Yukianesa (when money is on the line). Of course, there is always the possibility of a very good player showing up (not from prior tournaments) and wrecking house. Quite a bit of number crunching. The most important thing to consider are players below the cut of 9th and below as they would not be seeded (but I don't have too much data atm, so its hard to evaluate). 

AniClash Yukianesa Seeding (Results from AniClash 1-2)

1st - xAzureFlameGod [-/1st(44)]

2nd - KwRIOT [1st(11)/-]
3rd - JacopeX [-/2nd(44)]
4th - Omni-Zero [-/3rd(44)]
5th - DividedXZero [2nd(11)/-]
6th - Bio_NightShadow [3rd(11)/5th(44)]
7th - ThankYouSenpai [-/4th(44)]
8th - byakuya234 [4th(11)/13th(44)]

Number in parenthesis is the number of participants at the tournament they placed in. Anyways, that round robin idea is an interesting one. 

Updated the OP, check that for information of AniClash 4. I know its the same week as NEC, so there will probably be a low turnout. More stream exposure for the people who do show up, however. If we get less than 16 entrants, I may enter myself. 

All videos from AniClash 3 have been uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/AnimeInspirations

Remember to vote in our survey to determine the next pot bonus tournament after Yukianesa, and other special tournaments!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/63V5PG7

Terumi is in the lead with 5

Rachel 3

Ragna/Bullet/Makoto 2

I just wanna give a shout-out to everyone who played a part--the other players, the commentators, and of course Zanthos--in AniClash 3 a few days ago. By my estimation it was a vast improvement over the previous tournament in the series; exponentially more well-organized across the board, comparatively few no-shows, better general level of connection qualities in the main lobby(though the 0s may lead one to believe otherwise), and what I feel as though was just an overall higher quality of matches altogether. With the great experience that was the last tourney, the looming major with its growing prize pot, the lengths that are being traveled to ensure a quality production(such as the seeding point system that is presently in the works), AniClash has pretty speedily established itself as the premier competitive series on this site. If you love BlazBlue and you're not at least attempting to take part in these things, I reckon you're doing yourself a disservice.

I'm in. :P

Good man. :cool:

I'm unfortunately going to be pretty busy this coming Saturday so I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to be able to make it to the tournament in time for check-in at 7:30, but I'd rather not miss out if I end up being able to make it so I signed up just in case. Time will tell, I reckon.

GG's to people in this.   Kinda frustrated that one of my matches was functionally unplayable from my perspective though.  Must be nice to not have to react to things.

Theses tournaments seem to be getting better and better. Keep up the good work........ Also, I would like to apologize on the behalf of my friend. I am sorry if his psn name insulted anyone. I'll make sure he changes it for the next Aniclash.

GGs to Dysphoric and Artemis, mad salty I went out immediately, but I lost fair and square, you earned your wins.

Awesome tourney, hopefully I get to join in on others in the future, either as a player or commentator.

Hmm, I would like to know how long that tournament typically take.

I could be interested to join one but I know I won't be there for the full length of it. I would be joining for the first rounds for fun more than anything then bailing out later due to other commitments at this time.

GGs to Dysphoric and Artemis, mad salty I went out immediately, but I lost fair and square, you earned your wins.

Awesome tourney, hopefully I get to join in on others in the future, either as a player or commentator.

Awesome job on commentary Mace. Hope to have you back in the future. 

Hmm, I would like to know how long that tournament typically take.

I could be interested to join one but I know I won't be there for the full length of it. I would be joining for the first rounds for fun more than anything then bailing out later due to other commitments at this time.

These tournaments take approximately 5 hours, based on 20 entrants (our usual turnout). If we get more, additional matches can be played off stream. You are free to enter and drop out if you have to go, HOWEVER, you must notify us when you are leaving, so that if you win the match prior, your opponent can move on. 

I'll update the OP later on with AniClash 5 info. For now though, AniClash 5 is December 13th, 8PM EST

http://challonge.com/aniclashbb5

Wont make this one either because finals week. >>

I'll be at the sixth and maybe the final one, depending if you ae gonna go with free entry or seeding or both. (both would be better imo)

Good luck to all.

Wont make this one either because finals week. >>

I'll be at the sixth and maybe the final one, depending if you ae gonna go with free entry or seeding or both. (both would be better imo)

Good luck to all.

There is $0 Entry fee for Yukianesa if that is what you were referring to. No cost to register. About seeding, I am going to seed in some way based on results from the prior AniClash Tournaments. Hopefully this answers your questions?

See you at AniClash 6. 

Ok that would be interesting. (If I'm not broke that is LOL). Conveniently enough, I have some statistics from the last 2 tournaments. The purpose of this was to attempt to calculate seeding points for AniClash Yukianesa, it's still a WIP, but interesting stats not the less. Pretty much, 1st placings would have the greatest priority, followed by number of entrants. Player's placing 1st-4th in prior tournaments would have greater priority than lower results. Seeding itself is a little iffy when not every player is ranked, but it would at least eliminate the top placers from eliminating each other early in Yukianesa (when money is on the line). Of course, there is always the possibility of a very good player showing up (not from prior tournaments) and wrecking house. Quite a bit of number crunching. The most important thing to consider are players below the cut of 9th and below as they would not be seeded (but I don't have too much data atm, so its hard to evaluate).

AniClash Yukianesa Seeding (Results from AniClash 1-2)

1st - xAzureFlameGod [-/1st(44)]

2nd - KwRIOT [1st(11)/-]

3rd - JacopeX [-/2nd(44)]

4th - Omni-Zero [-/3rd(44)]

5th - DividedXZero [2nd(11)/-]

6th - Bio_NightShadow [3rd(11)/5th(44)]

7th - ThankYouSenpai [-/4th(44)]

8th - byakuya234 [4th(11)/13th(44)]

Number in parenthesis is the number of participants at the tournament they placed in. Anyways, that round robin idea is an interesting one.

How ....... How did jacopx get beat by flamegod ? That makes no sense unless there was lag.