Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orrax

[P4AU] Chie vs Minazuki

I play both Minazuki and Chie, and I think this match is really bad for Chie.  5A outranges everything and is really safe for Minazuki to throw out, and Chie cannot DP unless Minazuki is close. Basically, when I play this match as Chie, I pretty much have to play a waiting game. I've tried a lot of super jumping and using Chie's mobility to create an opening to move in, but I haven't had all that much success.

It's not all bad, however. Chie can 2B his teleport for a fatal counter, and Minazuki's fastest poke is 7 frames, meaning Chie has a pretty big advantage when she gets in. So, when you do catch Minazuki, you have to make it count. His DP is good, so be wary of it, and you especially do not want to get counter-hit by his awakening super (which is a pretty decent reversal).

Basically, my experience is that Chie really struggles in neutral against Minazuki, and on defense she just has to block a lot, wait for a good time to jump out, and make good reads on Minazuki's command grab. Speaking of which, Minazuki's primary mixup is his command grab, so that's the main thing to watch for. His overheads are mostly slow and reactable. Also, a lot of Minazuki's strings aren't as air-tight as they seem. It's possible to DP between the two hits of his sweep or his 2B, for example (although I don't recommend it), so it might be possible to do something like IB -> God Hand if he's being predictable. It should be possible to roll his 5C, unless he does 5C after 5AA. If Minazuki does 5AA 5C, it's safe to rolls, but I think Chie can DP if she IBs the 5AA, hit the persona, and then cancel to power charge to make it safe. Considering how long Minazuki is vulnerable after his 5C, Chie might even be able to run up and punish after power charge, but I haven't tested it yet. Or you could just IB -> God Hand, I guess. But, overall, while there are holes in Minazuki's offense, imho the best plan is usually just to be patient and wait for a chance to escape.

Also, I don't recommend messing too much with Minazuki's rekka follow ups. If you make a correct read, you can get out or maybe even 2B him, but the last EX rekka is pretty safe, and he can jump or backdash away after the 2nd rekka, so he doesn't have to commit to anything.

You can grab counter Minazuki out of his AoA on reaction fairly easy.

Just blocking it is better.  After you block it you can get free 5B CH combo which is big damage.