Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Chaos Code

Hmmm is everyone using the Mizuumi wiki to get there character info?

Cause my character has like no info on him ;_;

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Chaos_Code/Catherine

Im thinking about just going ahead and filling in the blanks myself. I already figured most of this characters combos and mixups.

I'm going to be transferring some info from the JP wiki and videos over the next few days. My translating skills are pretty mediocre, but I can at least add combos and some other basic stuff. If you want to add to it, please do, cause I don't think we have a lot of volunteers.

You guys don't happen to know where I could find any frame data, do you?

Oh do you have a link to the JP wiki? I cant do any translating but I do wanna take a look.

I've got some Hermes Throw combos. I apologize if these have been posted already. Anyone care to share better ones (read: stronger and easier), please do so. These require some form of timing and are better than the usual run 5A > 2C > JC > j.ABC > etc. Once you get the timing though, everything else is cake...

Throw > late j.B > j.C (2 hits) > land > 5A > JC > j.A > j.C (2 hits)~214D ---> 5014 dmg

Throw > late j.B > j.C (2 hits) > land > 5A > JC > j.A > j.C (2 hits)~214BD ---> 5279 dmg

Throw > late j.B > j.C (2 hits) > land > 5A > JC > j.A > j.C > j.D~214D ---> 5569 dmg

Throw > late j.B > j.C (1 hit) > j.D > land > 2C~623D ---> 5441 dmg w/ a possible setup for 22D since it hits that far away...

Also...

There's a way to superjump late to get in closer to do things like Throw > late sj.B > j.C (1hit) > j.D > land > 2C > JC > j.B > j.C (1hit) > j.D~214D

I couldn't tell you the dmg though--- I managed to do this twice but wasn't paying attn to the total dmg...

I hope these helped some Hermes player out. I'm still trying to figure some things out with her even though she's my alt character... Vein's my main...

EDIT: a better combo, but requires 1 IAD and a quick ground dash. You need to select the Run option for this to work... It's a bit easier if you know a shortcut to IAD like tapping 9 then 6.

Throw > IAD > j.B > j.D > land > quick dash> 5A > 5C > JC > j.A > j.C (1 hit) > j.D~214D ---> 6610 dmg

Throw > IAD > j.B > j.D > land > quick dash> 5A > 5C > JC > j.A > j.C (1 hit) > j.D~214D ---> 6610 dmg

Nice one. The one I've been using doesn't require run, but does about 250 less damage:

Throw > IAD > delay j.B > j.D > land 5D(2) > hjc > j.B > j.C(1) > j.D > 214D

Also:

Throw > 214214K > 236AC > 22B > 66 > 5C > 5D(2) > hjc > j.B > j.C(1) > j.D > 214D - 9905 dmg

I just picked up the game and really liking Celia II. Which of two of her extra moves are the ideal picks? Currently using the command grab and the anti air super, but I just wanna know if that is what i should be running or not.

Her teleport is really hard to punish, and is always a good pick (for this version). With that I would pick either of the two supers, see what you can combo well with.

I just picked up the game and really liking Celia II. Which of two of her extra moves are the ideal picks? Currently using the command grab and the anti air super, but I just wanna know if that is what i should be running or not.

For Celia II in this current version I highly recommend Tricky Vision (the teleport) and Core of Death (the command grab). As Delrian stated the teleport is really hard to punish right now and more or less a get out of jail free card when escaping oki setups. The command grab can be combo'd into off of many stray hits and leads to good meterless damage and corner carry.

Cruel Ascension (the anti-air super) isn't a bad pick in this version by any means and there are many extravagant combo setups involving multiple supers in one combo, but many are also impractical and/or very situational. As far as more practical 1 bar combos go, you're looking at similar damage to Cruel Ascension combos utilizing her standard supers Burning Gaze and Refusal Missile for combos anyway. Because of this I recommend Core of Death over Cruel Ascension for the stronger meterless combo potential at this point in time. In the next version of the game her teleport was nerfed quite hard, so whenever we are on that version I would then drop Tricky Vision for Cruel Ascension instead.

It's probably worth pointing out that the waffle iron super is also a command grab- 0 frames after the superflash with absurdly fast startup. It doesn't offer the free ground bounce that the meterless grab has but it also doesn't throw the opponent as far (they come down right next to you). If they are out of range or in the air, it also had hit properties so they may not be able to backdash out of it (can't test this without a record function though). That said, it is air blockable so they'll just get pushed further back if it doesn't hit- might save you from being freely punished.

Sorry if this was discussed earlier, but I checked mizuumi and Googled around for a bit and couldn't find the answer.

Is the arcade update to this game coming to consoles soon? Maybe in time for the US release?

Sorry if this was discussed earlier, but I checked mizuumi and Googled around for a bit and couldn't find the answer.

Is the arcade update to this game coming to consoles soon? Maybe in time for the US release?

Considering that the US version is officially out, not likely ;)

If anything, I imagine it would come out when the netplay gets patched in, whenever that is. I don't know how much issuing a patch on PSN costs but they probably don't want to pay for more than one.

The Nico video info says it's Makugo.

The Nico video info says it's Makugo.

Great, thanks, didn't think to check the nico link. I'll know where to look from now on.

Hello. To answer your questions about netplay/bad translations, I am currently in the process of fixing the English translations for all Chaos Code console versions. As for netplay, that will also be added in a patch. I don't read Dustloop as often as I used to, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me on Twitter.

Another throw combo... The starter portion is pretty strong without the Chaos Exceed Cancel, but I'm still trying to figure out ways to make everything stronger in general...

Please note: I don't know how Chaos Exceed Cancel is abbreviated, so for now I'm referring to it as "CXC".

(Corner) Throw > IAD > j.B > j.D > land > 5A > 2C~236C(1hit) > 5A > 2C~236C(2hits) > CXC > HJC > j.A > j.B > j.C (1hit) > JC > j.B > j.C~214BD ---> 10316 dmg

The opponent has to be high enough so that the first 236C doesn't hit twice. After that, the rest of the combo is pretty easy to do imo...

My initial intent was to only use meter for CXC, but I figured I could use 214BD to make the combo a bit stronger. Again, if anyone has ways to make this better, or has a stronger throw combo altogether, please share.

I really like this game, favorite characters have to be Cthylla and Celia II.

I see the game is flying under the radar, I want to promote the the game and get more people into it and buying it, but I'm sure how I should go about that.

There is this glitch in the game. Some times when you run the game and start playing a match, player 1 never loses any health, he /she is invincible, the health bar is in perfect state all the time. This applies to story, versus and survival mode. This glitch remains active until you exit and enter the game again. This has happened to me twice already, in fact, the second time I used it to beat survival mode and get the gold trophy. ¿has anyone experience the same glitch? ¿Is FK digital aware of this?

I see the game is flying under the radar, I want to promote the the game and get more people into it and buying it, but I'm sure how I should go about that.

Adding information that you think is missing to the wiki can help- that way at least when people do get the game, they don't feel like it's a wasteland out there.

If you have the ability to make videos, that can go a long way as well- I personally prefer character tech videos that show the various uses of that character's moveset. Most games like this only ever seem to get combo videos though. (Unfortunately, I'm personally not skilled enough at the game to come up with a good "tutorial" for any character...)

Once the netplay arrives, I think people will be much more likely to get into the game but until then, showing people stuff they can practice in the meantime will help a lot.

I really like this game, favorite characters have to be Cthylla and Celia II.

Take it casuals if you have any, ask people if they've ever head of the game, or even played it.

Also, you ever have any questions about Kai, I'm your man. Please read the wiki I wrote if you ever want basic guidelines.