Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Chaos Code

I see all these posts about glitches. Did these come from the translation attempt I wonder? I never had any of this on my HK copy.

I'm not sure how translations would cause an invincibility glitch, but I'm not sure how programming works so I'm just as clueless as you. So far I haven't run into any glitches either. Lucky me, I guess. :P

Hmm this is a good game but I hate to say this but it will eventually die out. Lack of online gameplay is a huge blow, especially when it comes to marketing it.

Hmm this is a good game but I hate to say this but it will eventually die out. Lack of online gameplay is a huge blow, especially when it comes to marketing it.

The online will be patched later...

... but as iw2ma said, i don't really see this game developing a scene, outside the ocassional casual play on some random event i don't see it doing better than AP.

The online will be patched later...

... but as iw2ma said, i don't really see this game developing a scene, outside the ocassional casual play on some random event i don't see it doing better than AP.

It won't do better because people aren't putting it out there for others to see it in action. Aside from release updates, what has sites like SRK or even this one done??? I'm pretty sure someone has a strat vid or combo vid for this game ready to be released, but no one has given these submissions the time or day...

There's no major backing behind it... I see this game being treated like Battle Fantasia tbh, where its a good game, and everyone admits its good, celebrates its release for 1 day, and people make a big stink about netcode and blah blah blah. Eventually it fades out, and those who still play just kinda play it, and that's it...

It'd be nice if this game got a shot on The Runback or WNF... It'd also be nice to see more streams than Tenryo's (if he has any), or really random casual matches... Just a thought...

I see all these posts about glitches. Did these come from the translation attempt I wonder? I never had any of this on my HK copy.
Incredibly unlikely, considering how this game stores the text.

There were some changes to training mode, and probably other files (I have not had the chance to poke through the us pkg), but I am confident that it's not related to changing the in game text.

I see this game being treated like Battle Fantasia tbh, where its a good game, and everyone admits its good.
Curious as to if this is actually the popular opinion on the game, most of the EC guys I know that actually played it didn't particularly think it was a good game.

It won't do better because people aren't putting it out there for others to see it in action. Aside from release updates, what has sites like SRK or even this one done??? I'm pretty sure someone has a strat vid or combo vid for this game ready to be released, but no one has given these submissions the time or day...

I don't think it's as simple as "putting the game out there". People are aware of the game, people can buy the game from PSN without making a HK account. Shoving tutorial videos down peoples throats on SRK is not going to change much.

Curious as to if this is actually the popular opinion on the game, most of the EC guys I know that actually played it didn't particularly think it was a good game.

I know most of the people I talk to generally like the game. Maybe a few people thought it wasn't great, but that's it...

I don't think it's as simple as "putting the game out there". People are aware of the game, people can buy the game from PSN without making a HK account. Shoving tutorial videos down peoples throats on SRK is not going to change much.

"Exposure that builds interest" is what I'm getting at here... I'm aware that "posting up vids" on SRK or any other site for that matter won't necessarily be the "thing" that all of a sudden makes the game big. I'm just saying that there should be more exposure of the game. In doing so, it make stir up enough attention to get other people interested in playing the game in the first place. GGXX got more hype recently with the +R patch, and now because of more exposure on sites (and more streaming), the game seems waaaay more popular than it was during the days of GGXX/ (or any other time for that matter).\

I personally feel like Siliconera was the only site that was really hype for the game.

Not having netcode in a game isn't an excuse anymore, because people were hyped about the CvS2 rerelease, in which it was clearly stated that there'd be no online mode, so at that point, fans started focusing on other things like game performance (frame rate).

Skullgirls had so many issues, and even a long awaited patch or two, including on going cosmetic changes, and people are still hype about the game-- maybe not marvel-sized hype, but still hype nonetheless...

Its not going to become popular simply because it isn't a mainstream fighting game. It started out as pretty obscure so It'll most likely end up staying obscure. I mean you have exceptions like Skullgirls and Divekick, but those started out as community projects that were backed by the FGC.

In other news, I'm really feeling Cait and Sith. Their combo options seem pretty lacking midscreen though.

So, I'm going to put it like this....

Being a part of the problem and pointing out how obscure the game is really isn't helping much if any at all.

If you like the game, play your part and at least bring it out for casuals. If you don't, then you will just be ignored.

I play my part almost every single day. I'm typing this right now even as we speak in a hotel room at TFC, which Big E was kind enough to give me a space to showcase the game thanks to the help of some good individuals.

A good bit of SF/Marvel big names at least tried the game and even bothered to stream it. Names like Justin Wong, RayRay, etc. I've had even Spooky tell me personally that he will grind when he has the time.

Will they be in it for the long run? Most likely not. But that's a good bit of exposure right there. And before you delude yourself into thinking "well top players playing some random obscure game doesn't matter" IT DOES MATTER. The ones who are watching could become as dedicated as I am. Games like GG damn sure didn't have a solid background when it was first released. Look at it now. If you don't play it, you praise it. These things take time.

Like I said before.....play your part. If you don't want to play, then stand aside.

So, I'm going to put it like this....

...Games like GG damn sure didn't have a solid background when it was first released. Look at it now...

My thoughts exactly!!! Melty Blood had its fair share of hype as well... This could very well be something that can be bigger than what it is, but our mindset (read:negativity) has got to change overall, or we will end up bringing the game down... The more support we show the game, the scene that plays the game, and the developers, the bigger and better the game gets...

Anyway, I can't wait til the New Sign of Catastrophe gets released or patched in. Hermes gets to charge her 22B/D move, and I'm sure that will help cover her lacking rushdown game...

Does anyone know if New Sign of Catastrophe will be an actual patch/update, or if it's going to be a brand new game altogether???

Does anyone know if New Sign of Catastrophe will be an actual patch/update, or if it's going to be a brand new game altogether???

Unless it turns out that netcode can't be patched in, NSC will be a patch. IIRC, it was just balance changes, and those always come in patches these days.

I just recently got Chaos Code and was checking out videos and combos on Mizuumi. Maybe I'm just so used to BlazBlue, but I'm trying to practice some of Cthylla's combos and I'm just not getting them. For example:

[2B]x1-5 > C 236236P AB [6] > j.C delay D > land 5A > j9.A B C (D) > dj9.B © D 236D

Up until the j.9A, I have to super jump cancel it, but then the double jump becomes unavailable. I'm assuming you can't super jump cancel then double jump so what am I doing wrong?

AAAH! Thanks. Like I said, BlazBlue has spoiled me, lol.

Oh, is this the only forum that discusses this game in depth? I'd hate to have a question about every little detail and pester you guys.

I'm still working on Chaos Exceed Cancel combos with Hermes... I'm not sure if this is even really strong imo... Maybe if it's considered a midscreen punish combo, then maybe... Anyway, here it is:

2B > 2C~236B > CXC > 236AC > pause > 5B > 2C > 6B~214BD > pause > 236236A~AB > 623D ---> 10505 dmg

The CXC needs to be activated literally as soon as 236B starts animating. Otherwise, the 236AC might not connect.

The first pause is needed so the opponent can be low enough for 5B > 2C > 6B~214BD can connect properly, more specifically the 6B. The second pause is so that the opponent can get hit by the 236236A on time.

I don't know what can be done after the 623D in terms of combo extending, since it can't get canceled into anything afterwards, and even if it were, the opponent is way too high for a super jump attack, or another 623B. Oki is still possible, since Chaos Exceed is still activated, and you can also use 22B and/or setup lightning bits. Another delayed 623B can force the opponent to block an attack on the way down, allowing time for another setup.

EDIT: Stronger combo

2B > 2C > 5D(1hit)~236B > CXC > 236AC > pause > 5A > 5C > 6B~214BD > pause > 236236A~AB > 623D ---> 11172 dmg

This leaves you closer to the opponent, and in the corner.

EDIT PART 2: after the 236236A~AB, you can do a quick SJC > j.A > j.C(2hits)~j.214BD to dish out 11507 dmg instead of 11172 dmg. You end up even closer to an untechable situation, plus 22D can be placed literally under the opponent. I'll rewrite the full combo for better understanding:

2B > 2C > 5D(1hit)~236B > CXC > 236AC > pause > 5A > 5C > 6B~214BD > pause > 236236A~AB > SJC > j.A > j.C(2hits)~j.214BD ---> 11507 dmg

Please note that these are midscreen combos that require a full 3 stocks of meter. If you are too close to the edge, or the combo pushes closer to the edge of the screen, there is a chance that 236236A will miss entirely, in which case you can omit the 6B > 236236A and just do 236236A by itself, then ~AB to cancel, then use an air combo of choice. Hermes has so many options at this point; she can start her lightning bit game, or ice trap game, etc...

Gosh, I find the lack of Celia info on Mizuumi disturbing. I sat around watching all the youtube vids I could find of her (PREEEEETTY difficult since Celia II is the more popular choice) all night just trying to figure out how she worked. And part of me wants to play her due to the lack of info. If I knew how, I'd fill it up with bad info just for people to see it, realize how terrible it is and put in the right tech/combos/etc... I'm such a bad person.

Jokes aside, I'll keep playing around with her as long as my masochism patience holds out.

I've got another combo with Hermes. Apparently she can extend ground combos by SJCing into j.D and going into Chaos Exceed and continuing afterwards. Anyway, here it is:

Note: This is a 3 bar, NH combo.

2B > 2C > SJC > j.D > CXC > j.B > j.D > land > 2B > 2D~214C > 236236B~AB > SJC > j.A > j.C(1hit)~214BD > land > 236236A~AB > 623D ---> 14135 dmg

The trick in landing this is done right at the first ~AB cancel. Hermes does the super on one side, cancels, and then super jumps to the other side of the opponent to combo. The last 214BD should make the opponent fly to the other side of the screen so that the last super should connect.

I'll make a recording to showcase how the combo should look in the future.

Gosh, I find the lack of Celia info on Mizuumi disturbing. I sat around watching all the youtube vids I could find of her (PREEEEETTY difficult since Celia II is the more popular choice) all night just trying to figure out how she worked. And part of me wants to play her due to the lack of info. If I knew how, I'd fill it up with bad info just for people to see it, realize how terrible it is and put in the right tech/combos/etc... I'm such a bad person.

Jokes aside, I'll keep playing around with her as long as my masochism patience holds out.

What specifically do you want to know about Celia?

Well, I call myself trying to take notes with the videos I've seen and a couple hours of labwork (finals are this week and all), but really, any info would be great. I'm also unsure if the videos I'm watching are up-to-date. Again, I only got this game recently and haven't looked much into it. Currently, I've been playing with Prankish Whip and Welcome Boost. My crappy notes consist of:

Air Ender: 214K, 236236K

NOTE: Celia can still use EX bombs/missiles even if her gauge is depleted.

[Corner OK] j.C land 5B 5B 5C 6C hj.ABCD > Air Ender

[AA] 2C hj.BCD > 214K

[Corner] Throw > delay 5B hj.ABCD > Air Ender

– – – –

On a different note, got Cthylla's B Ending today. Cannot say I was expecting that. Really. Not sure if B Endings are joke endings, but being my first Story Mode clear, ooooh boy... lol

[Corner OK] j.C j.D land 5B 5B 5C 6C hj.ABCD > Air Ender

Just wanted to say you should be able to squeeze a j.D in there off any IAD j.C starter. I haven't played much Celia as I mostly play Celia II, but from what I have done with her that should work without any issues. Let me know if it does or doesn't so I know. :v:

Just wanted to say you should be able to squeeze a j.D in there off any IAD j.C starter. I haven't played much Celia as I mostly play Celia II, but from what I have done with her that should work without any issues. Let me know if it does or doesn't so I know. :v:

Adding j.D does work. Midscreen, the combo suffers from too many hits. The 2nd 5B can push away just far enough and j.A also does some weird things. I'm willing to blame that on my poor execution, though, but it is easier to do if you omit the j.A.

"j.C j.D land 5B 5B 5C 6C hj.BCD > Air Ender" Also if you're close enough and score a hit with 236K, you can go into this combo.

Currently, I've been playing with Prankish Whip

I'm pretty sure Celia still has a loop exploiting Prankish Whip's followup; it was something pretty simple, like Whip > pull > Missile xn. Costs ammo, but builds meter decently. I unfortunately can't remember a specific video involving it, but it did (does?) exist.