Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

Leo announced as DLC. Get it all out of your system here.

Hopefully the guys complaining about how this game had too much moe and cutesy characters and it was being ruined by that will shut up for a while now

There will be always something to complain about.

However, the playable male cast highly outnumbers the females in the roster.

This guy better transform into a lion! 

I hope so too, he needs an install to Let it Out! (I doubt it...)

I would guess regular sword's with a weird handle. It says is the "Lion King of the Twin Swords" in the photo.

So, I'm thinking...Azreal with a hint of Alexander (from Hellsing) with the swords/style?

yay, another minazuki.

what happened to the book? :(

He'll probably have some use for it probably in the intro/victory or in cut-scenes/story.

But yeah, hopefully we'll know more soon, but not OCD or anything, where will he fit in the CSS, I know the top row has 8 chars, and the bottom two has 4 chars, yeah, I dunno. >_>

I hope so too, he needs an install to Let it Out! (I doubt it...)

So, I'm thinking...Azreal with a hint of Alexander (from Hellsing) with the swords/style?

He'll probably have some use for it probably in the intro/victory or in cut-scenes/story.

But yeah, hopefully we'll know more soon, but not OCD or anything, where will he fit in the CSS, I know the top row has 8 chars, and the bottom two has 4 chars, yeah, I dunno. >_>

I think we will get ONE more character (hopefully a girl) to even it out.

Eh, not as exciting as he could be. We already have quite a few close-ranged bruisers of all kinds (Sol, Pot, Slayer, maybe May), so he needs to have some very interesting gimmicks to be worth the hype for me. For now, he feels like a bara Makoto cosplayer to me.

At least he's unlikely to be yet another character who can fight comfortably at any range if use use his gimmick properly :v:

I know it's probably not possible but this dude reminds me of a castlevania character. His swords look like they are crossblades fused with swords. Really hoping he has some sort of castlevania playstyle Yea I know its a long shot but you never really know.

You're right, he looks like he came out of Judgement.

Also, his description is "the dual blade lion king" or something like that, besides obviously describing his design, it might be a hint to how he plays? But then again, ram already has the focus of using two swords to do stuff.

Hopefully the guys complaining about how this game had too much moe and cutesy characters and it was being ruined by that will shut up for a while now

Not when there will be people still complaining about Bedman with a design taken from BB, and so from "Hopefully Elphelt is not like Noel" to "Hopefully Leo is not like Makoto".

Leo is 2moe4me.

Anyway, Guilty Gear always had moe and cutesy characters. It was never grimdark shit. Sol Badguy now has a cute ribbon on his ponytail and Ky looks like Saber's twin sister. Of course I-No, May, Millia, Bedman, Ram, and El look pretty as always. I do think the cast should be balanced though, there's way too much moe and not enough bad-asses. They should add fedora-wearing hipster edgelords. And they should have a generic villain cackle and have DARKNESS powers.

Not when there will be people still complaining about Bedman with a design taken from BB, and so from "Hopefully Elphelt is not like Noel" to "Hopefully Leo is not like Makoto".

How is bedman from bb? How is bedman from anything!?!?! This is a character that is conceived from god knows what ishawatari saw (still playing him though idgaf). If you are gonna hate on a character at least do it because you blatantly dislike the design, and not because of some other thing that the character is not even closely related to.

I agree with Fenrir. If any of the new cast screams Guilty Gear to me, its Bedman. As for Leo, I'm interested to see how he turns out. I just hope he's not another generic rushdown character that does loldamage, he needs something interesting to set him apart.

Also, enough of the Azrael comparisons. If you want a character like him, we've had one for over 10 years.

How is bedman from bb? How is bedman from anything!?!?! This is a character that is conceived from god knows what ishawatari saw (still playing him though idgaf). If you are gonna hate on a character at least do it because you blatantly dislike the design, and not because of some other thing that the character is not even closely related to.

When I first saw Bedman I honestly though at first glance that he was A.B.A scientist becoming himself as homunculus, only the course of time will tell, but anyway though, from the things gathered already in the arcade story he's in fact the most interesting of all the new characters confirmed, at least for now.

Also, wanted to point that I'm glad Leo doesn't use the book as a weapon in the end, still hoping that's gonna be the case with That Man being playable someday.

Every single new character will be accused to come "from BB". Pretty stupid if you ask me, but some players are just like that.

These "players" are the people that played #R on Wingdreams once or twice game and keep talking about Guilty Gear's music without ever talking about the video game itself, AKA irrelevant shits.

These "players" are the people that played #R on Wingdreams once or twice game and keep talking about Guilty Gear's music without ever talking about the video game itself, AKA irrelevant shits.

Lol. Since we are talking about design, I like how they modeled Leo's coat. There aren't a ton of things happening on it, but it is just slick and clean, like Slayer's suit. I do hope Leo has an install where he lions you to death, but maybe that is too late in development:o

Do companies really see it as good PR to be announcing extra DLC characters before the game even comes out? Already I'm seeing comments like people are just going to wait for the expansion update that includes all the characters from the jump or wait for a price drop or something so they don't have to pay as much. One would think that would be no bueno for the bottom line.

Am I the only one that, upon seeing the weapon design, immediately thought DRAAVEN?

Anyways I hope he's free for the first week only like other DLC characters unless is he's a timed release.

Am I the only one that, upon seeing the weapon design, immediately thought DRAAVEN?

Anyways I hope he's free for the first week only like other DLC characters unless is he's a timed release.

Haha, was about to say the same thing this morning. I instantly thought DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN as soon as I saw his weapons and now I'm kinda hoping his gameplay involves  throwing those huge blades and catching them (I guess kinda like Maya from the new Killer Instinct just to keep this post somewhat fighting game related).

Check out these Leo rotations! Haha-haaaaa

Every single new character will be accused to come "from BB". Pretty stupid if you ask me, but some players are just like that.

When Xrd comes out:

"Man, Elphelt is just a rip-off of Noel!" (Because Noel is obviously first gun-toting girl in fighting games. Forget Jill, Sharon, BB Hood, etc. and the fact that she just looks like Sion with a Bridget color palette )

"Leo is big so he's Azrael!" (Even though Azrael just looks like Barbatos with a goatee and tattoos)

"Ramlethal is a clone of Taokaka!" (Actually seen this comment a lot. Obviously if a character is brown, that means they copied Taokaka. Taokaka herself is completely original, it's not like she's a black mage from FF mixed with a catgirl. Totally not inspired by Hsien-Ko or Felicia at all.)

"The Senato guys are rip-offs of Q from Street Fighter!" (As if Q himself wasn't a rip-off of Robot Detective K)

But yeah people are going to keep saying the new characters are from something. I love Blazblue, the best game Arcsys has made gameplay-wise. But it's not exactly the pinnacle of originality. Dante the Bloodedge is cool guy