Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

Leo announced as DLC. Get it all out of your system here.

Leo should have been female with the same design. Perhaps minus the goatee. 

Watch Leo become the new reference color for Makoto in BB4 because that's exactly what you're describing.

Watch Leo become the new reference color for Makoto in BB4 because that's exactly what you're describing.

Makoto's a boxer. I'm pretty sure that with a title like "Twin Blades Lion King" Leo won't be boxing.

"Leo will be Azrael in GG" is the new "Valkenhayn will be Slayer in BB".  Thank God we saw Elphelt gameplay before people could get too deep into the Noel speculation.

I figured we'd see Leo make the cast at some point, so it's cool to have confirmation.  The cast of Xrd isn't nearly as MOE~ as some people want to believe, but I do think it will benefit from having a design like this added to the roster.  It would have been nice if we'd gotten more (read: any) information on how Leo plays, but I guess finding that out gives us something to look forward to.

I'd say it's safe to assume we'll be getting at least one more DLC character at some point in the future.  ASW is religiously devoted to keeping their character select screens perfectly symmetrical, so if Leo's portrait ends up where I think it's going, then we'll need another newcomer to balance things out.

After comments about how Leo should have been a woman and etc, I really hope it's a good, long time before another female character gets in.

Lol, I mean I like Leo's character design. But I mean can I have another female, or at least like Jam or something? Then again you are probably right, we don't need another Elphelt conversation

Lol, I mean I like Leo's character design. But I mean can I have another female, or at least like Jam or something? Then again you are probably right, we don't need another Elphelt conversation

Here's your "non-needed" El conversation some more: El panders with jiggle physics, Ram panders with underboob. I just want more female designs that don't pander with injections of typical anime fanservice elements - BB already accounts for that plenty. 

And even then Xrd's cast is pretty heavily gender skewed and having more women would be nice in the most general sense. 

Also yes, please, Justice - that'd be great. 

Now that Mumm-Ra brought it up, Leo really does look like he came out of Castlevania Judgment though. 

Sex sells, good luck getting all the titties out of your face cause it aint going nowhere.

I just want more female designs that don't pander with injections of typical anime fanservice elements - BB already accounts for that plenty.

<totally OT>

I hope sososo much that Baiken will look serious and not fan-servicey when she's added.

IMO she always gave a grim "i-dont-care" vibe instead of "ooh lookey i don't wear underwear" *bouncy-bounce* ...

When searching for artwork of her you lose hope in good style though ._.

</OT>

@ Leo, hope he's spinning those Blades somehow :D

Maybe with some butal raging lion specials?  (not nimble and flying around like Wolf-Valkenhayn)

I guess my dream of this guy being the Valk of GG is crushed with that is the "lion king twin Blade". It's really to bad, his design screams "I will kill you with my teeths".

Good for dual wielding lovers I guess. :/ 

I guess my dream of this guy being the Valk of GG is crushed with that is the "lion king twin Blade". It's really to bad, his design screams "I will kill you with my teeths".

Good for dual wielding lovers I guess. :/

GG has always had a Valk though.

Her name is Millia.

I don't think Hazama was that bad...

I'd say Hazama is a better villain than I-no, honestly.

Also, retroactively applying overused memes doesn't do anyone favours (BRIDGET ISN'T A GIRL WOW SO ANIME TRAPS AMIRITE)

Other than that, Leo seems alright. I like the look of the tonfas. I do hope they're draven-style axes, that would be a cool as fuck mechanic.

Damn, all this Leo looks like he came out of castlevania talk makes me hope for a castlevania style theme. Hopefully something like bloody tears or divine bloodlines.

I'd say Hazama is a better villain than I-no, honestly.

Also, retroactively applying overused memes doesn't do anyone favours (BRIDGET ISN'T A GIRL WOW SO ANIME TRAPS AMIRITE)

Other than that, Leo seems alright. I like the look of the tonfas. I do hope they're draven-style axes, that would be a cool as fuck mechanic.

Looking at her story in this game, I think I-No actually isn't a villain. Just has different methods.

What do think what would happen if this Leo and the Leo from Red Earth were to meet each other?

They would be locked in a battle too epic for mortal words to describe in full detail. This fight will go on for over a hundred years and take them all across the world until one day, while they are both battle weakened, Dan Hibiki will run in and defeat both of them. He will then be crowned the King of Fighters and be tasked with taking down the evil Death Adder.

Hazama was pretty average, but the Terumi end of his stick is kinda badass.

I always found the stylish cunning trickster badguy much more interesting than the 'kill+destroy everything just because' kinda guy...

Hazamas bland+innocent 'i didn't do a thing' look under the fedora is priceless, the evil laugh is a nice contrast (loving Hakumens bad ending in Extend) ^^

@ Leo

i don't quite get the skipped leg day jokes? If you look closely at the artwork his legs look quite muscular, do they not?

Any more and it would just look unnecessarily bulky and unwieldy.