Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

[CT] Jin Combos and Glitches

if this is all info culled from other sources, you should have just provided links... big-wall-o-text is kinda intimidating.

Yeah no shit, WAY to much info.

Hello To All,

Foward ©, Down (D), Hiyoku Getsumei... This Can Lead To An Air Combo, Right? You're Free To Move During The Last Hits Of The Super Plus With The Opponent Being Frozen, Air Dashing To Score More Hits Shouldn't Be A Problem... Help, Please.

Hi, I'm Ace Solitare. It's Not My Real Name But I'll Swear It Is If Ever Meet On LIVE. 2D Fighting Is My Love (SNK Titles FTW) But I've Been Currently Been Having Affair With 3D Fighters, Soul Calibur 4 Being My Mistress Since It's Debut. (I'm Dumping Her For Tekken 6 Though... Won't She Be Pissed)

Anyway, I'm New Around Here And I Like The Atmosphere. I Think I'll Stay For Awhile.

You can do it ace. Here's some examples. Dash and air grab them, which then leads to the various combos from that point. Dash and jump to b, c, jump, c, d. Dash and C to b, c, jump, c, d. However, I'll be honest with the way damage scales. I find the best option is the throw out of the special. Of course, that option is techable, and will probably only work once every five matches vs someone that is aware of the tactic.

if this is all info culled from other sources, you should have just provided links... big-wall-o-text is kinda intimidating.

example: i see that you basically copied the combo section from the beginner guide... you could have just provided a link to that post.

yes yes i think to do than the harm had been done.:vbang:

heres sumthin i just made up in training mode and it works... not sure if anyone knows bout this yet but i see possibilities with it A or C version of ice blade combos into 2D on counter hit. and ofcourse u can air combo or whatever u want after the 2D.

(after 6C > 2D > Moonsong)

Dash and jump to b, c, jump, c, d.

Dash and C to b, c, jump, c, d.

Better to close those combos off with a B ice car instead of the jumping D, in my opinion. It will still connect.

Hey guys! I have a question. First look at this:

(corner) Throw (fwd) > A ice car > 5C (jump) > B > C > D > (land) dash 5C (jump) > B > C > D > B ice car

Seen in this vid @ 00:36: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7590938

Can someone tell me why this freezes the opponent twice? I thought you could only freeze once per combo (except when you use meter)... Does the freeze from the throw not count towards this??

Hey guys! I have a question. First look at this:

(corner) Throw (fwd) > A ice car > 5C (jump) > B > C > D > (land) dash 5C (jump) > B > C > D > B ice car

Seen in this vid @ 00:36: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7590938

Can someone tell me why this freezes the opponent twice? I thought you could only freeze once per combo (except when you use meter)... Does the freeze from the throw not count towards this??

The Noel broke out of the ice and got hit by 5C. Note how the 3 beats from the throw disappeared and went to 2 after j.B.

If you watch the combo counter he loses it at 5C. It's quite possible his opponent broke out out of the Freeze just in time to eat 5C. I wouldn't rely on that for a reset as it could have been blocked. Worst case scenario you combo the 5C and go into one of Jin's other combos.

Awesome! I didn't know that. Now I will be more determined to do the (B)Ice car instead of © at the end of my combos. Thanks for the info!

I was trying the ice car, RC, j.b, j.c combo but i can't seem to land the j.c when im already landed on the ground. Is there a timing for the RC during the ice car?

1. dont bother with RC. his 632146C for example is much better for 50%> 2. ice car>RC>j.c>j.d>6c>66>5c...ect is better and i think easier the timing isnt that bad. the j.c or j.d just have to hit really deep. RC as soon as the car touches them. do the move without the RC do you can memorize the hit animation, so just watch the traing dummy so you can see when the first couple frames of the hit start. i dont think theres a 'minimum frame' or any thing on RC. those RC combos are good if you think it will kill, or the RC ice car is good to keep you self from being punished for trying ice car to start a combo. edit: also im considering the combo as cancled on the first hit. ive never tried after the second.

you have to RC it the same way i mentioned above. and by ground combo im assuming you mean THEY are on the ground. and if its not an on hit RC just RC in time enough so that the air dash will allow both hits to confirm...but jins heat is MUCH better spent NOT RCing.

There are plenty of spots where an RC is a perfectly good use of Jin's heat meter. I think his Distortion Drives are really strong, but I don't think their so good that you should never RC.

Further discussion on this should probably go in the Gen. Discussion Thread...

I've seen a match where this jin was doing 6c>5c>j.c.>j.d and then afterwards he delay and dash and continues the standard combo from there again. I can't seem to do a dash after the j.d.

The said match is from here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZNrrZsGtUc.

It was done by Tetsu.

Tetsu does 6c>5c>SJ(SuperJump)>jC>jD>AD(AirDash) and continues from there.

Is that follow up better than the standard air combo? I haven't tried this yet, attempted to but had difficulty timing the air dash, in terms of damage is a lot more compared to, j.b, j.c, dj, j.c, j.d, ice car?