Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leopold

Guilty Gear Xrd Official Speculation Thread.

Greeting my fellow airdashers. Today I would like to discuss the probabilities of a new character coming to the highly anticipated Guilty Gear Xrd Sign. 

Back in October rumors were speculated that Justice and Leo would make an appearance on the game.

Source: http://shoryuken.com/2014/10/02/justice-to-make-appearance-alongside-newcomer-leo-in-guilty-gear-xrd-sign-s-story/

Now as of today, it has been officially announced that Leo Whitefang is confirmed as a playable character in the roster. This made me think that there's a possibility Arcsys make characters that have important roles in the story mode to be playable. 

According to the previous source, Justice was was rumored to make an appearance in the story as well. Could this mean Justice will the next playable character is the roster? Well lets dig in deep before jumping into conclusions. 

We were provided with two images in that article. One was of Leo which has been confirmed already. The other one that struck me was the picture of the character Bedman talking with what seems to be an entity reflected on a mirror. 

Xrdspeculation1_zpse95111a0.png

Now, if we break the image down to be more visible we have something like this:

Xrdspeculation2_zpsc08f14a8.png

We finally seeing who is this mysterious figure. Let zoom in and try to break it down even further to get a better feeling who could this be.

Xrdspeculation3_zps751580f1.png

As we could see. This figure seem to have a feminine like appearance so we could interpret is a female. Could this be the Justice they have been referring? 

Another important point to have in mind is that with the confirmation of Leo we have an asymmetrical character roster select screen. It has to be said that it would look rather unpleasing aesthetically to have the design uneven. If the speculation is true and we have another playable character we could expect it to look like this. 

Xrdspeculation4_zps49d64085.png

I would like to invite you to discuss who could this mysterious woman could be. Is she Justice or perhaps another Valentine that goes by the name of Justice? Maybe she's part of the Senato or maybe even she could be the third king (queen) of the Allied Kingdom of Illyiria.

Any other intelligent speculation is welcome as well. 

Well, about Justice thing, according to SRK's translation of the article (where she was mentioned), it says: "From the chaos emerge those who seek to fulfill their own ambitions. Behind them is the silhouette of Justice, who was supposed to have been destroyed…". I don't think it is going to be Justice herself.

Taking into consideration the Overture's plot and some words from Ramlethal, it all goes to somebody, who is called Mother or "Mercyless Apocalypse", who is I assume to be on that snapshot with Bedmen.  I wonder how they are going to handle with Senato guys.

P.S. Oh and about her being on of the Kings (Queen) of Illyiria. Ky is the king of all Illyiria, while Leo is one of three governing kings. So there are two more unnamed kings. 

Well, about Justice thing, according to SRK's translation of the article (where she was mentioned), it says: "From the chaos emerge those who seek to fulfill their own ambitions. Behind them is the silhouette of Justice, who was supposed to have been destroyed…". I don't think it is going to be Justice herself.

Taking into consideration the Overture's plot and some words from Ramlethal, it all goes to somebody, who is called Mother or "Mercyless Apocalypse", who is I assume to be on that snapshot with Bedmen.  I wonder how they are going to handle with Senato guys.

P.S. Oh and about her being on of the Kings (Queen) of Illyiria. Ky is the king of all Illyiria, while Leo is one of three governing kings. So there are two more unnamed kings. 

That is interesting. Well we know she's there in the game but we have to take a guess who could woman be.

I said she could be a queen because if you take a look at the mirror she's reflected, you can see that the frame is Victorian styled just like the theme the Leo's ship and other related properties things with Ky.  

The only thing I cant make up is her hair or mask she is wearing. 

She's most probably what Ram and El call their "Mother" (she does resemble both of them), who might have nothing to do with Justice. She's also most probably Bedman's client, which means that she is a human, not a Gear.

She's most probably what Ram and El call their "Mother" (she does resemble both of them), who might have nothing to do with Justice. She's also most probably Bedman's client, which means that she is a human, not a Gear.

A sentient Gear can't be a client? Or is there something I don't know? I mean, why a client must be a human. 

I still think that Mother actually has something to do with Justice. Because, it was presumed, Aria was Justice, and there are Valentines, who some of them remind Aria (Elphelt, Overture Valentine). Also, In the last battle in Overture, Valentine called Sol Frederick. I hope Daisuke wouldn't end up with contradictions in the plot and explain wtf is going on. Wait is killing.

A sentient Gear can't be a client? Or is there something I don't know? I mean, why a client must be a human. 

I still think that Mother actually has something to do with Justice. Because, it was presumed, Aria was Justice, and there are Valentines, who some of them remind Aria (Elphelt, Overture Valentine). Also, In the last battle in Overture, Valentine called Sol Frederick. I hope Daisuke wouldn't end up with contradictions in the plot and explain wtf is going on. Wait is killing.

In the arcade story Bedman tells Sol his client is neither That Man nor the Senato and that he/she is a human and that he/she will become known soon enough.

In the arcade story Bedman tells Sol his client is neither That Man nor the Senato and that he/she is a human and that he/she will become known soon enough.

Oh, missed that one. Thanks. Now that rises more questions, of course.

This reinforces the prediction that such client could play major part on the story mode and thus be playable or someone under her influence as well.

Also, do we remember the female voice in the Sin/Elphet trailer that says "...not satisfied with 100%" ? (It didn't sounded like Millia or any other female currently in the game)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h5gPKzlyqw&list=UUlqUSY9SshvuFja6yNXp4nQ#t=78

That would make sense since no one in the current cast would be suitable to be the final boss for the story mode.

You could say the same regarding I-No back then and she was the Final Boss in XX, not That Man.

You could say the same regarding I-No back then and she was the Final Boss in XX, not That Man.

Wasn't I-No a new character on that game?

Leo's profile mentions his older sister, she could be part of the story too. I would imagine her to be a tough lady (like Olivia Armstrong in FMA or Integra Hellsing) and is worthy of Leo to put her as the meaning of devil in his dictionary.

She could very well be the lady in the picture frame or that unknown female voice we heard in the trailer for all we know.

Leo's profile mentions his older sister, she could be part of the story too. I would imagine her to be a tough lady (like Olivia Armstrong in FMA or Integra Hellsing) and is worthy of Leo to put her as the meaning of devil in his dictionary.

She could very well be the lady in the picture frame or that unknown female voice we heard in the trailer for all we know.

If it turns out to be that way and the trope is just like you said, then I would have found a character I would have to dedicate time into for sure. 

If this is story discussion, it might be better to move it to Zepp Museum/merge with existing story thread, just my two cents.

This is a pure speculation thread that is not attached to any particular topic in specific. Anything goes as far it remains on topic with Xrd. 

If this is story discussion, it might be better to move it to Zepp Museum/merge with existing story thread, just my two cents.

Thanks for your input :)

I said she could be a queen because if you take a look at the mirror she's reflected, you can see that the frame is Victorian styled just like the theme the Leo's ship and other related properties things with Ky.  

l_541d48d3b2ba5.jpg 

It's the same mirror. So I don't think it has anything to do with Kingdom furniture. And here is Ram. So I still have guts telling me that person is "Mother".

Wasn't I-No a new character on that game?

As well as that guy in the bed, so? Just because Bedman is not the real mastermind of the whole thing (probably) doesn't mean he's unfit as a Final Boss in Xrd, and just because he's a "mercenary" working for that client, as well as I-no is just a "servant" of That Man, doesn't mean they are not important characters to be "worthy" to fulfill the role (since he mentioned the whole cast, and that includes him), regardless of the outcomes.

As well as that guy in the bed, so? Just because Bedman is not the real mastermind of the whole thing (probably) doesn't mean he's unfit as a Final Boss in Xrd, and just because he's a "mercenary" working for that client, as well as I-no is just a "servant" of That Man, doesn't mean they are not important characters to be "worthy" to fulfill the role (since he mentioned the whole cast, and that includes him), regardless of the outcomes.

You do have a valid point. I'm not sure why but I have a gut feeling that Bedman is somewhat related to "that man".

You do have a valid point. I'm not sure why but I have a gut feeling that Bedman is somewhat related to "that man".

Well.. I've already been reading in many sites of people believing that he's actually That Man, but as far as we know, while is true that he's not probably a human anymore, Bedman doesn't seem to be a Gear, if anything he seems more like a homunculus like A.B.A, or just a human with a power akin to the Backyard somehow.

If this isn't off-topic, with  sin/Elphelt/ram/bedman seeming to ape  Johnny/robo-ky/Bridget(I swear I saw Ram use a similar looking escape move)/testament respectively, and the characters not in Xrd who don't have Xrd characters aping them are various flavors of rushdown which is already accounted for (ABA, Jam, Order Sol), have a new mechanic that does what they do (Baiken), have returning characters already in who are similar to them (Dizzy is to Ryu as I-no is to Ken), or is whatever Anji is (Anji's like slayer I guess? *shrug*), is anyone thinking there that are characters who are not coming back?