Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyosuke Kagami

(Mexico's PS sales boosting) More KOF games coming to Sony platforms

The SS Tenka listing strongly indicates that these will be proper ports and not PS2 Classics. That game only had a standalone PS2 release in Japan, everywhere else got it as part of the SS Anthology. So far there haven't been non-region specific releases of PS2 games on PSN.

My faith that these ports will see the light of day has been shaken by SNKP's decision to kick the hornet nest of Square-Enix's lawyers, however.

The SS Tenka listing strongly indicates that these will be proper ports and not PS2 Classics. That game only had a standalone PS2 release in Japan, everywhere else got it as part of the SS Anthology. So far there haven't been non-region specific releases of PS2 games on PSN.

My faith that these ports will see the light of day has been shaken by SNKP's decision to kick the hornet nest of Square-Enix's lawyers, however.

There's been plenty of JP only PS1 classics though, so it was only a matter of time before they started doing it for PS2 games.

Additionally, they're all confirmed to be PS2 classics besides XI, which is probably still going to be a PS2 classic.

There's been plenty of JP only PS1 classics though, so it was only a matter of time before they started doing it for PS2 games.

That wasn't what I meant. There's been quite a few formerly Japan-only PS1 games that have made their way to the US Store without any translation or localization, but that hasn't happened with any PS2 games yet.

This is disappointing, but I was wrong to get my hopes up with SNKP. It's obvious that their console/PC division is throwing their full weight behind KOF XIV (and possibly a new SamSho) right now, and everything else released before that game drops is going to be a port or emulation.

That wasn't what I meant. There's been quite a few formerly Japan-only PS1 games that have made their way to the US Store without any translation or localization, but that hasn't happened with any PS2 games yet.

I got what you meant, I'm just saying it was only a matter of time before they started releasing Japan only PS2 classics. Just because they never did it before doesn't mean they'll never do it ever.