Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sanger Zonvolt

Day 1 Xrd Netplay Tournament (Dec 16th, 7 pm EDT)

IydisrC.png

A friendly online PSN tournament using the swiss system, everyone gets a chance to play equally under this type of tournament without being eliminated.

Players of any and all skills levels welcome, just post your PSN and you will be added to the bracket.

Chat: #GuiltyGear IRC channel.
For those of you unfamiliar with IRC, just follow the link above to the chat, and use your gamertag as your nick, or nickname. This is where you will be reporting your matches to me so I can update the challonge page brackets and talking to the other players. If you're unable to IRC, you can message me the results on PSN.

For ease of fast reporting, please use the following fomat: [report]Winner Score

ex. "[report]Sanger_Zonvolt 2-0"

Time: Tuesday, December 16th, 2014, 7:00 pm EDT, 6 central, 4 PST, etc. You may enter anytime up till 20 minutes before the matches start.

Rules:

• Each match is best 2 out of 3.
  • Winner is not allowed to switch characters
  • No game breaking glitches.
  • If someone does not show up for their match in 5 minutes they will be given a warning, and in 5 more minutes they will be disqualified for the round
  • Someone from the match must report who won, but the winner is the one that is held responsible for it.
  • Any player may choose to forfeit if they decide the connection is unplayable. The other player will simply get the win.
  • If both players agree the connection is bad or don't want to play in it, they may report a draw.
  • Otherwise, standard Swiss System rules. Whoever has the most points at the end wins. Ties are broken by tie breaker points. If there's any further ties in the top 3 even after that, then they can be decided with a whole set of best 2 out of 3. Ties below top 3 will be left alone.

I don't stream myself, so anyone who can would be welcome to sit in the lobby and stream to show off the matches.

Let's see how far the Xrd netcode can go!

While I am not planning on getting the Jap release or think I could make the EDT time I want to give props for setting this up this is exactly the kind of thing fighting game communities outside of Japan needs.

Id like to register my interest for future events for this kinda thing maybe single elimination on a Friday night, heck it may be something I would organise myself in the future in which case I might wanna swap notes about running this kind of thing Sanger.

Do we just post here to enter?

my only worry would be that I wouldn't have Sin unlocked, but it's being held kinda late, so I'll go ahead and say I'm in. I can also stream if you'd like.

I should be able to make it, but i'll remove my registration if I can't.

I'll try to get some more signups but I think lots of people are waiting for the US release

I should be able to make it, but i'll remove my registration if I can't.

I'll try to get some more signups but I think lots of people are waiting for the US release

Yeah that seems to be the case.

If we don't get at least 6, I'll instead change it to the US release date.

You'll probably want to decide on a voice setting for this tournament. The main menu's news indicates that matches between English and Japanese voices may have additional lag, until a future patch addressing it is released.

You'll probably want to decide on a voice setting for this tournament. The main menu's news indicates that matches between English and Japanese voices may have additional lag, until a future patch addressing it is released.

That's a good idea.

So for now we can just play Japanese voices because I can't stand English Elphelt. :lol::thumbu:

I would like to enter. Would you mind if I shared this tournament on other websites to get more people interested?

Hey, can we use my twitch channel as a meet up? For some reason, I can't access the chat. If you allow it, I'll even give full credit for the tourny setup to you, plus people can watch the matches on my you tube channel after. 

Hey, can we use my twitch channel as a meet up? For some reason, I can't access the chat. If you allow it, I'll even give full credit for the tourny setup to you, plus people can watch the matches on my you tube channel after. 

Sadly it didn't happen, people didn't show up.

Thanks for the offer though!