Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xJakartax

XRD Missions

Probably because im the one that originally talked about it back in the XX/reload days when I brought it to the community and thats what I called it.then again thinking about it im not even sure if I called it fuzzy guard or gave it any name. I just told people about it and showed them.

Most people just use fuzzy jump (171) nowadays, since it allows people to jump out of otherwise unreactable mix-up if there is a gap.

I still don't even understand what you're supposed to do for for the Zato parry mission. Do you parry the first hit, the last hit, some other hit? I don't get it.

Also, mission 16. I don't understand what the goal is here. They want you to whiff a jumping S and block while still in the air? Haven't gotten it once.

Also, mission 16. I don't understand what the goal is here. They want you to whiff a jumping S and block while still in the air? Haven't gotten it once.

If I'm remembering that mission right, you have to time the j.S so it whiffs when Ky does Vapor Thrust and you block when you land.

I don't understand what that means though. I tried it like 50 times at least. Every time I either get hit. or am very rare occasion I land and block which is apparently also wrong.

It's teaching you what is known in Street Fighter as a "safe jump". Basically you're timing the j.S so that if Ky had done anything other than Vapor Thrust, he would be getting hit by it. The invincibility frames that Vapor Thrust has on startup are enough to allow the j.S to pass through him, and allow Sol to land and block in time for when the active frames hit. And again if Ky had done anything other than Vapor Thrust, he'd be getting hit by the very deep j.S, or blocking it.

Keep working on not only the timing of your jump but also of the j.S, and youll get the hang of it.

So I was right about what I was supposed to be doing, I'm just havin an impossibly hard time doing it. Ug. Also, I can't do the mission where you have to air throw Sol, or punish Ky's burst. I don't understand the burst one at all either:  it says to air throw him, but then it says you'll have an easier time if you launch him? Crouching HS doesn't seem followup-able at all, what am I supposed to do?

The burst throw mission wants you to jump-cancel your second attack and throw Ky as soon as you leave the ground. When I cleared this mission for the first time, I felt like it's easier to do after 2HS, but now that I try to do it again, I don't see much difference between that and just punching Ky twice with 5P.

Ah, thanks, I misunderstood that one after all. I thought you were supposed to throw him AFTER the burst. Also, the safe jump one turns out I was doing wrong too. For some reason I thought I was supposed to do an instant j.c and air block the DP. So those two are down.

Still don't understand 24 at all though, and just can't do 19 even though in theory it's straightforward. I don't get the using IK in combos thing either. I watched a video of someone doing it with Ramlethal, but I don't understand why it worked for them. They did a poor job explaining that mechanic.

To do the IK during a combo, you need to hit them until their life bar starts flashing, then RC a move that should be easy to follow up, enter the IK state (the screen freezes thanks to the flashing life bar), and land the IK after the RC'd move. For Faust (the character I do the missions with), it's as easy as c.S 236S RC IK.

Which ones are 24 and 19? I'm not near my copy of the game and don't know them off the top of my head. As for comboing into instant kill, it tells you the basic parameters before the trial, but doesn't really tell you what the parameters do to LET you combo into instant kill.

Essentially, when you meet the requirements, going into instant kill mode causes a sort of freeze, kind of like when an overdrive starts up. Whereas normally the game continues around you, leaving you open to attack or at the very least allowing your opponent to recover from whatever you've hit then with.

You SHOULD be able to do it after a wall dust in the corner, the only issue is finding a combo into dust for your character. They make it fairly easy though since they give you a full meter. I found a combo with Ky that was simple, did enough damage to get Pot into 10%, and used a red RC into wall follow up, leaving me with 50% tension, meeting all the requirements. The actual combo into IK at the end was just a matter of not dashing to much and getting the IK to come out as early as possible after the wall stick.

Other tips I can think of are use training mode to practice the combo before hand, you can set up Potemkin as your dummy and set his life to 21% (I believe that's what they have it set to in the mission). You can also use training mode to see firsthand the changes in IK, set opponent to 10% life, give yourself at least 50% meter, activate IK, and you'll notice the freeze and that your aura is gold rather than red.

19 and 24 are 'Turn the tide with an air  throw" and "resisting simultaneous attacks"

To do the IK during a combo, you need to hit them until their life bar starts flashing, then RC a move that should be easy to follow up, enter the IK state (the screen freezes thanks to the flashing life bar), and land the IK after the RC'd move. For Faust (the character I do the missions with), it's as easy as c.S 236S RC IK.

That sounds super easy, but I can't get it to work. AS far as I can tell c.s doesn't even combo into 236S, and the enemies health doesn't star flashing until they recover anyway. I need a video...one that isn't the one that is already up on youtube of Ramlethal because I don't understand what I'm seeing in it. From your description it sounds like just activating spinny sword super should do it, but it doesn't.

How?

To combo into IK? Just do a full shotgun shot, reload, do it again, RC, IK Install, and IK.

19 and 24 are 'Turn the tide with an air  throw" and "resisting simultaneous attacks"

That sounds super easy, but I can't get it to work. AS far as I can tell c.s doesn't even combo into 236S, and the enemies health doesn't star flashing until they recover anyway. I need a video...one that isn't the one that is already up on youtube of Ramlethal because I don't understand what I'm seeing in it. From your description it sounds like just activating spinny sword super should do it, but it doesn't.

Yeah, my bad, it's a bit more complicated than that. There are actually two different thresholds for when the life bar starts flashing: one activates after a combo if it leaves you with less than 20% of your life, and the other one activates even mid-combo if you get below 10% of your life. What you want to trigger is the latter one. For Faust, 5K c.S 2HS 236S should be enough. Haven't seen that Ram video, so I can't really comment on it.

Mission 19 is as simple as that burst throw one. Just hold up and do a throw as soon as you leave the ground; if it doesn't come out, you're probably too slow with your throw.

And 24 is the only mission I still haven't done, myself :vbang:

Alright, was able to do the IK one, and on my first try! What an easy combo, you can mash all you want.

The timing on the air throw one still seems crazy though.

Alright, 24 is not only down, but S ranked. I probably spent at least 20 minutes on it, but once I B ranked I knew I could do better. Basically you need to parry the second you start to see Eddie transform into the saw. Easier said than done, and everyone's reaction times vary, but definitely don't press it any earlier than that.  Then you have to wait until Zato is up in your face (which happens quickly, but not instantly) and throw him. The issue with both parts is usually trying to do them too quickly, or it was for me. There is no "Zato's throw", this game is translated badly.

No.19 is still impossible and it doesn't seem like something that would ever happen in match, but I'm bad so maybe I have no idea.

Question about the reversal mission:

Is the input buffer shorter in this mission because the game locks your input before letting you move, or is the reversal buffer window really that short in game?  In other words, is using the reversal mission to practice a good idea?

Thanks for the tips in here to get some more of these done.  GameFAQs doesn't have info on some of these (and no FAQ), and I haven't found anything on YouTube for some of these.

Ones I still can't figure out/clear:

11 (probably just need to jump more), 13-16, 18-28, 30, 33-38, 40-44, 46-58

Some of the character specific ones seem tricky since the inputs aren't listed (combo damage amounts).
Thanks for any tips on these.

If you Google "guilty gear xrd mission list" you will find a guide, but I'll do a writeup too. 14 and 24 are hell missions and there's been a lot of advice in the thread for them already.

11: Survive Ramlethal as Sol for about 10 seconds

If you get lucky, she will just laser super twice and run out the timer. I would start with a backdash then keep backing off. There is a pattern that she ends with command grab so you probably want to jump and airdash away from the corner when she gets close. There are some moves that will catch you if you jump (you can't block for the first few moments of a jump) but just keep learning her patterns.

13: As Sol, do dash-2P-5K(2)-5S-2D-236K in the corner

I failed this a lot at first too. I think the biggest problem is being too slow with each part of 5S-2D-236K. I believe 5S and/or 2D pushes you too far away if you don't cancel it fast enough.

15: As Ky, land 5K-c.S-2D on Sol's wakeup

If you hit 5K too early, you will fail. Once you have a sense of how long to wait for 5K to stop hitting Sol OTG, you should be able to do it pretty easily

16: As Sol, whiff j.S right before Ky's wakeup then block Vapor Thrust

You might find it easier to push Ky into the corner first by moving forward. I don't remember how lenient the game is with j.S but I think you have to do it pretty late. This one needs practice.

18: As Sol, Instant Block Ky's j.H then throw him when he lands

You don't need to IB the j.S but it might help set a rhythm for the j.H. IB is performed by releasing the stick to neutral moments after blocking. Input 6H as he lands and you should get it.

19: Airthrow Sol as Ky on wakeup

I think you can't throw with a corner input so make sure you are holding 4/6 when you press H. Input 7 then 4H with a slight delay. I seem to remember you have to be faster rather than slower.

20: As Sol, hit Ky with a 2 Beat combo then airthrow his Burst

I think I did Gunflame-2H to activate. Jump out of the 2H then input 6H. You should not see the blue flash from Burst and in fact will be able to airthrow before he reaches full height. Also read in this topic that you can block the Burst then airthrow afterwards.

21: As Ky, beat Sol on wakeup with 6P or a ground throw

This mission teaches you the Option Select (OS). It was really easy for me just by spamming 6PH. Figure out a method to press both buttons at the same time and get a sense of when you can begin to act.

22: As any character, Blitz Shield Sol and deal an 80 damage combo

Your tension is fixed at 25% so you have to figure out a combo without Roman Cancels. First, make sure you can get the Blitz Shield input comfortably; if you did 21, you should be able to do it here too, but remember not to hold any directions. Second, you should spend a few attempts figuring out whether you want a ground or an air combo. As for which move to Blitz, there are several options. I think the easiest patterns are Gunflame x2, Bandit Bringer; S Volcanic Viper x2, H Volcanic Viper; and Riot Stomp, Break. You get several opportunities as long as you stay alive so sometimes you should just block and wait for an easy pattern.

23: As Sol, Blitz Shield Venom's projectiles. You fail if you take too much damage

You start with 100% tension. Successful Blitzes will be a net loss of 12.5% (1/8) so you can miss 1 completely without needing to gain more tension. The balls move relatively slowly so Standing and Crouching BS shouldn't be hard. I would prioritize getting the Air BS first by jumping, though sometimes you will need to Blitz twice to avoid getting hit. You can also use Faultless Defense to avoid taking damage but remember you will not get Blitz Shield if you are holding back to block. If you run out of tension, move towards Venom slightly then move back when you're too close before moving forward again.

25: As Sol, Jump Install 5H then perform 2H and Superjump

Make sure you're close enough to combo 2H. You only need to press up for a moment so try to input 8 before 5H hits and go straight to 2H. For the Superjump, you have to go from down to up quickly. I found it helped to input 2 again after doing 2H. The full sequence is then 5H > 8 > 2H > 88, or 5H > 8 > 2H > 288

26: As any character, combo into Instant Kill on Potemkin

In order to get the combo, you need 50% tension remaining. If you kill Potemkin without Instant Kill, you will get another attempt for free. Make sure you input PKSH correctly because an incorrect input will use Roman Cancel and take away too much meter. If you have Sin unlocked, it's very easy to fully charge Beak Driver (236[H]) for wallstick then Roman Cancel into PKSH Instant Kill.

27: Deal over 100 damage to Sol after H Volcanic Viper

The main thing to watch for is whether or not he follows up with 214K (the spinning kick) as that will move him further left. You can adjust your spacing with a backdash. This is basically a slightly harder mission 22. Remember you can start a ground-to-air combo as Sol falls or ground combo after he falls completely.

28: With 50% tension, deal over 120 damage to Sol after Fafnir

Sol will use Gunflame then Fafnir. I think a fast normal will hit him out of Fafnir for a Counterhit. Your options are to Roman Cancel, combo with a super, or Blitz Shield then earn enough tension to Roman Cancel.

30: Deal over 80 damage to Ky after Greed Sever

Ky does a short combo then Greed Sever, you have to block 2D yourself. You can jump and block the Greed Sever, which I believe gives slightly more time.

33: With 50% tension, deal over 120 damage to Millia after Digitalis

Millia does 2 rolls then Digitalis. You can just throw her out of the second roll then Roman Cancel the throw into a ground-to-air combo. Millia has low defense so 120 damage is comparable to 100 damage against Sol

34: Block all of Millia's attacks

Millia doesn't use any specials so all you need to do is guard low then react to 6K (her frontflip). Make sure you don't drop your guard when switching low to high or high to low. You may want to come back to this one later

35: Block Chipp's j.HS after teleport

Chipp will always attack once he teleports into the air. He can teleport in place, to the other side on the ground, or to either side in the air. As soon as the screen moves up, you'll want to change to the correct side. Make sure you don't block low.

36: Block Chipp's attacks while he is invisible

Chipp can be blocked low until he uses Dust. If you have problems reacting to Dust too early, just don't change guard until you see the red bubble.

37: Kill Eddie after Zato's Invite Hell

Block then mash 2P. Bye!

38: Hit Zato with Dead Angle Attack

Eddie will buzzsaw then Zato runs in. You don't have to hold block, but the timing differs between characters. It seems buzzsaw hits 4 times when blocking so try timing the DAA to one of the hits. Zato needs to be attacking (or about to attack?) for success.

40: Avoid Potemkin's attacks

Potemkin will end with either 2D, Sliding Head, or Heavenly Potemkin Buster. Just block low and react only to Sliding Head.

41: Stop Faust's f.S

Faust will combo into his item throw then follow with f.S. Use your longest range normal and start it before he does. Some specials will work too, like Slayer's K Mappa Hunch

42: Survive Faust's items

Faust will throw a bunch of items. Only a few of them are worth noting. The bomb (little black stick) will probably reach you and hit you, so use Faultless Defense after a short wait. The 100 ton weight will knock you down if you are on the ground and lets the bomb hit every time. The black hole sucks you in so other items can hit. The meteor (brown meatball thing that flies off the top of the screen) will create a set of meteors that hit after a delay. Double jump backwards right away to avoid everything but the meteor, black hole, and bomb. You don't have enough tension to Faultless Defense the whole time, which you'll need to survive meteors.

43: Deal 100 damage to Axl after Artemis Hunter

I'll have to look this up later. I think Slayer can just use Dandy Step Crosswise Heel and combo

44: Stop Axl's Sparrowhawk Stance

I think he does Mid-Low-Mid-Low. I would crouch under the Mid then try 2P against the Low. I remember that mashing doesn't always work so you'll need to develop a timing.

46: Block Venom's attacks

Everything is blocked low except for Mad Struggle. Faultless Defense will push you out of range of Mad Struggle but I seem to recall it misses sometimes anyways.

47: Avoid Slayer's followup after Bite

Slayer will follow up with either 5K Mappa, 6H, or forward dash Bite. The first thing you have to do is be able to mash out of stagger or you will always fail. You can't attack in this mission so just mash all attack buttons real hard. 6H will hit if you jump and I think also hits most characters' backdashes. The second Bite might give you the hardest time and all I can suggest is keep trying.

48: Deal 50 damage to Slayer after Mappa Hunch

Slayer does c.S-f.S-Mappa-Bite. At first, you will probably always get hit by Bite. As I understand, normally you have 2 frames (1/30 of a second) to respond, which means nothing works. You need to Instant Block, which gives you 6 frames. I don't remember if IB on one of the Slashes helps at all. 50 damage can be somewhat tricky so experiment. I think Throw will work for some characters?

49: Deal 100 damage to I-No after Stroke the Big Tree

I-No does the move twice and you have to block the first one. Pick an attack that hits relatively low or she will dodge it.

50: Block I-No's attacks

This mission showcases I-No's special dash. I'll have to replay this but I recall just blocking high and switching to low when she starts to land. The air Dust (split-kick) could be tricky.

51: Deal 80 damage to Bedman after Task C

Bedman will combo into Task C. You have 25% tension for Blitz Shield so it's mission 22/27 all over again. There are plenty of anti-air normals that will beat Task C and give you an air combo. Try 2S or 2H and comboing after the Counter Hit.

52: Break a Deja Vu icon then hit Bedman

Bedman starts with Task A (the flying ball) then uses Task C, so crouch and block Task A then start moving forward once the ball passes you again. Any attack will break the icon. What I do after breaking is double jump forward then hit him. I think airdash or regular dash will work too. Don't take too long or he will start attacking again.

53: Block Ramlethal's attacks

This mission showcases Ramlethal's unique Punches and Kicks. If she starts her string with crouching attacks, keep guarding low. If she starts with standing attacks, you have to watch the third attack in the string to see if it's high or low.

54: Throw Ramlethal

I don't remember this at all

55: Deal 100 damage after Sin's Hawk Baker

This is like mission 43 with Axl's Artemis Hunter. However, I think in this one you can act earlier and backdash or jump back from Sin. There's a big opening so give it a good shot.

56: Block Sin's attacks then hit him

Block low until you see the big windup for the overhead swing. You will have to block high at least once or twice. Note that Sin will end up at different distances depending on his final move.

57: Deal 50 damage after Elphelt's air Bridal Express

This is like mission 51 against Bedman. The difference is Elphelt is weird to hit in the air so your followup should use attacks with wider coverage. Try not to hit her too early or she'll be too far away to combo.

58: Hit Elphelt out of her attacks

This one is kinda weird. Sometimes you can just block and use a Punch or Kick. I think there's chances to throw? Have to replay this

Ah, you're right.  I'm so used to just visiting here, GFAQs & YouTube, I forgot it could exist elsewhere. 

For anyone interested, here's a link to what I found:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/guilty-gear-xrd-sign/255966-guilty-gear-xrd-sign-mission-mode-guide.html

Thanks for the epic post of tips, though!  Now I have  two good sources of info.

Made some progress, and will try some more this weekend.  But I'm mainly focusing on M.O.M. & vs. online now that Arcade & Story are done.

Mission 14: V.Viper on wakeup-  Never seems to come out, despite all kinds of timing attempts.

Mission 22: Not sure what move to B.Shield & what combo to do for 80.

Mission 23: Not sure where you should stand to jump for air B.Shields

Still need a lot of the others after 23, but will be patient.  Not sure what character or combo to use for getting 100/120 damage in some.  Thanks for any extra tips.

For mission 14, it seems like you need to input the motion right as you see Sol start to stand up.  I'm not an expert by any means though.  I've yet to pass it with my best only being 3 successes.

For mission 14, it seems like you need to input the motion right as you see Sol start to stand up.  I'm not an expert by any means though.  I've yet to pass it with my best only being 3 successes.

OK, thanks. 

Hopefully I'll find combos that do 100-120 damage.  Maybe K>P>S>HS for someone.