Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

niggajesus

[#R]Axl blockloops

I was in training mode with Bridget a few days ago and I discovered a new bug. Theres a way of doing this with Axl as well, and it's actually a lot more dangerous with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODJkeDD1PxI

That's just the easiest way to set the loop up, although there's several ways of doing it. The one in the video is a blocked 2s 6k, iad j.kph 5k [c.s 6p]. The []'s being the loop itself.

So far, it works on Axl, Ed, Pot, Jo, and Slayer. As long as the enemy can't crouch low enough for 6p to whiff, the loop will work on them. It allows you to build up their guard gauge as much as possible, then using a mixup for massive damage.

There are ways of escaping the loop, like crouching the iad. But that's not a reliable tool because if you suspect axl's going for the loop and you crouch, he can cancel the 6k into 6h instead of iading. Also, you can fd and push axl away, but since there is no pushback to increase, faultless will barely move him away and will completely destroy their tension bar. In the situation that they do faultless (and they will), you drop the loop and go for mixup (like raei s, 6h, 2h, 5d, etc).

Basically the blockloop is a way to make your aa even more dangerous. If they don't fd your aa they'll get comboed, and if they do fd your aa they run the risk of getting blocklooped (which means they'll lose tension or get their guard gauge smashed)

I'm sure this is possible in AC as well, although the string will be different since his pokes have different attributes to them. I'm curious as to what y'all can find with it.

There's other ways to stop the loop, like bursting. Since both c.s and 6p are jcable, you can throw them out of their burst at any time. (if you're hit by the burst for some reason, you still made them use it without losing tension yourself) They can daa, as well. Depending on your reaction time, you could counter their daa (if their daa hits you, you still made them lose 50% tension without losing any yourself) Pretty much all they can do once it starts is burst, daa, or fd. when they fd their guardbar will still be increased from before they fd'ed, they'll lose tension from the fd, and since axl has so much range and good mixup, you're still at a huge advantage over them

yea, the way i did it in the video was just an example and doesnt work well in matches although there are ways of doing it in consistently in matches. honestly it's much easier to set up these blockloops with jam and bridget(due to their speed and good air attacks), although axl is definitely the character best equipped to handle the enemy's response to them(cause of his range and comboability). to do blockloops you gotta have the enemy block in the air, then attack them during their landing frames. tight timing (you can create blockstrings that can consistently create blockloops tho)

You live in Maryland? Stop playing #R online, coming up with #R glitches. Get with the scene and play AC (and other games too!) with us!

Thinking about it, in AC you could just slashback this So it's a lot less awesome

Yeah, UMBC is in Catonsville. But for the next few months that won't matter, end of the semester and all. I'm derailing this thread, so take it to the Maryland thread if you're interested.

You can do 5K [c.S 6P] on landing of opponent without any blockstun. Also FD destroy this loop (guard - PG, you can see pushback, but PG - only for CPU), but tension......

horokei, try using c.s f.s 5h 6h instead of c.s 6h. just a suggestion. f.s 5h is one of the most amazing frametraps in the entire game, proper use of it can seriously double your damage output. also, try out strings like c.s f.s 5h rensen frc dash f.s 5h 6h/raei s/2d/rensen. :) slashback is definitely an obstacle to get around in ac, but im sure there are solutions to it (like horokeis c.s 6h idea for example), as there is with everything else also horokei, faultless may stop the loop but thats actually good for you. once they fd they'll lose tension and you can still do stuff like f.s 5h rensenfrc/6h/raei s to continue pressure (the more they fd the more tension they lose, the less they fd the more guardbar is built)

After about ten minutes of testing, I've concluded that this doesn't work in AC.