Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narroo

Southern New Hampshire: And we're all alone. There is no one here besides us.

All right, all right!  There must be people Southern New Hampster area looking for matchups.  Salem, Nashua, Manchester, and more!  Roll Call so we can see what's what!

I live in Braintree, MA. I dont get up to NH that often, but we could netplay with good results I am sure.

Add me on skype - darkucloud

Right, that makes two of us.  I'm in Bedford.  You'd think between Nashua and Manchester we'd have more players.  We need just a few more people and then we can plan a meetup.

Wow, there are people alive in NH! I'm predominantly a Street Fighter player, but loving the new Guilty Gear so far. If you guys are organizing meet ups I'm definitely down to learn some new stuff. I'm in Salem, NH btw. Also have a friend in Manchester that would definitely be down for this too.

Really, nice!  I think we could organize something small with at least 5 people.

Where would we meet up?  The guys south of us meet up in a bar in Boston, but that's only possible because there's like 50 of them (ALL PLAYING SMASH BROS) and they're of age.  Where could a smaller group meet-up, since I doubt we can rent a bar for 5 people wanting to play Xrd.

I'm not a huge fan of making the drive to Boston after work in the middle of the week honestly. Currently working out of Framingham right down the street from GU so I'll likely start going there on Fridays pretty soon. Anyway I can host at my apartment in Salem. We had a pretty regular group of 5-6 people playing fighters locally over a year ago and I took up hosting duties bi-weekly. It helped keep things consistent and I'm a night owl (my wife is a heavy sleeper), so my apartment is usually open longer than a bar. We'd normally have room for 2 setups, 3 max since my apartment isn't that big haha.  Either way something to think about and maybe get something on the calendar prior to the new year. Just throwing it out there.

Note* I was not saying we should meet in Boston.

So, you've hosted before?  That's great!  Plus, Salem is a good location because it's pretty accessible from much of MA as well as NH, which can get us some more players.

Haha, I know. Just sharing my thoughts is all. I guess we will see if anyone else is interested. In the interim ill contact my buddy in Manchester and see how his schedule is looking for this month,

Right.  I posted in the brain box thread since some of those guys might be in Northern Mass.  Work the night shift on the weekends, so it would be difficult, though not necessarily impossible, for me to attend Saturday and Sunday, depending on the times.

I'm not a huge fan of making the drive to Boston after work in the middle of the week honestly. Currently working out of Framingham right down the street from GU so I'll likely start going there on Fridays pretty soon. Anyway I can host at my apartment in Salem. We had a pretty regular group of 5-6 people playing fighters locally over a year ago and I took up hosting duties bi-weekly. It helped keep things consistent and I'm a night owl (my wife is a heavy sleeper), so my apartment is usually open longer than a bar. We'd normally have room for 2 setups, 3 max since my apartment isn't that big haha.  Either way something to think about and maybe get something on the calendar prior to the new year. Just throwing it out there.

I'm not able to make it this time, but Alex Smith (blueNINE) is hosting Xrd casuals at GU tonight, and he asked me to spread the word:

Time: Tonight Friday the 12th from 7:45pm to closing time (Alex says they usually stay open till 2:00am)

Place: 1251 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701

Game Underground Tel: 508-283-150

Since you work in the area NewBlood this a great opportunity for you to get some games in.

All right, all right!  There must be people Southern New Hampster area looking for matchups.  Salem, Nashua, Manchester, and more!  Roll Call so we can see what's what!

I can't travel right now, but I live in Portsmouth. I've been getting back into Guilty Gear now that Xrd's out.

I'm right in southern Nashua.  I've been mostly hanging out with the CT/MA crew recently, but I'd certainly be down for local meetups on weekends.

Hey Cheese.

Edit: edited close time

Framingham is a bit far if you live in New Hampshire (and I can't attend that because of work), so we still need a proper event for New Hampshire.

I'm not able to make it this time, but Alex Smith (blueNINE) is hosting Xrd casuals at GU tonight, and he asked me to spread the word:

Time: Tonight Friday the 12th from 7:45pm to closing time (Alex says they usually stay open till 2:00am)

Place: 1251 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701

Game Underground Tel: 508-283-150

Since you work in the area NewBlood this a great opportunity for you to get some games in.

I can't travel right now, but I live in Portsmouth. I've been getting back into Guilty Gear now that Xrd's out.

Hmm ... I might've gone if I didn't have work yesterday.  Maybe next time depending on what week it is (since I have every other Friday off).

Hey Cheese.

Hey Vyers.

Hmm ... I might've gone if I didn't have work yesterday.  Maybe next time depending on what week it is (since I have every other Friday off).

it goes from like 6pm to like midnight or past it if people stay that long. also it is every week. there is also something on weekends but that is once a month

Cool sounds like there is a core group assembling. In effort to eliminate any potential blockers, I usually pick up my buddy in Manchester when we play, so if anyone is along that route I wouldn't mind picking someone up if they had difficulty getting to sessions. I'm thinking that we may be looking towards after the new year for a first get together at this point? I can make the time before then if necessary, but will leave that up to you guys.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea; the Holidays are a bit hectic.  I live in Bedford by the Manchester line if anyone needs a ride.  I'll throw this out now: I'll suggest we try to aim for a meet-up sometime during Monday-Thursday since I work Friday-Sunday evenings.

Thursday Nights is good for me normally, whether it be hosting or traveling elsewhere. Fridays are pretty quiet at work thank goodness so staying up later on Thursdays can happen.

it goes from like 6pm to like midnight or past it if people stay that long. also it is every week. there is also something on weekends but that is once a month

Less to do with actually being at work at the same time, and more to do with the whole "done with work for the day, fuck everything I'm chilling" mindset I tend to have by the end of the day.  But if GU is every Friday I might be able to make it some weeks.

Cool sounds like there is a core group assembling. In effort to eliminate any potential blockers, I usually pick up my buddy in Manchester when we play, so if anyone is along that route I wouldn't mind picking someone up if they had difficulty getting to sessions. I'm thinking that we may be looking towards after the new year for a first get together at this point? I can make the time before then if necessary, but will leave that up to you guys.

It sounds like there's a lot of momentum for mid-week meetups.  I can make some Thursday nights (on weeks I'm not working Fridays), but Friday and Saturday would be best in my case.  But I'll just keep an eye on what goes down around here and try to show up as I can.

Long-term, I'm hoping I'll be able to host at my place as well, but that won't be until my brother moves out so no time soon.

I hope you guys have had a great holiday so far (one to go!). Lets start throwing out some dates that might work to get a session going this month! 

I'm thinking Thursday January 29th for the first meet up at my place. Gives everyone enough time to figure out schedules and stuff or make preparations. between 6-7pm arrival and play till midnight or 1am.

I have one Asus Monitor ready to rock and barring 10+ people showing up I would think only one additional setup would be necessary for our initial gathering (I tend to like everyone's down time between playing be as low as possible). I've got two PS3 sticks so if someone forgets their own, there's a spare and two controllers for any pad players in the mix. If another setup isn't available, my comp monitor is also a minimal lag solution with my tv being a tertiary option (albeit not a great one).

I'd bring change for $10 at least if any one wants to order out. In my previous experience hosting all my friends would bring 20's making it a pain in the ass to give everyone accurate change from delivery lol. I'm also open to putting any potential orders on my credit card and this would make giving accurate amounts that much easier too.