Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ivanchu77

Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

In other news, the Character button on the website was colored a while ago, but now it's gray again. Got me all excited for another update, too...

And it's accessible now! Sadly nothing to look at here really.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/998/998811/

Looking very Hazama-like there, Muramasa. I'm going out, so I hope there will be more info when I come back.

EDIT: My consciousness won't allow me to triple-post, so I hope you don't miss this edit.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/999/999301/

Muramasa
Muramasa is a character who can fly all over the screen while performing combos with her "Steel Spider Thread" move. However, the reach on her normal moves is not as long, so there are still ways for her to fight at normal distance.

With other characters, dashing in usually gets more and more risky over time, but thanks to "Steel Spider Thread", you get a lot of freedom in your neutral game. Since the thread has good hit stun, it's very easy to extend the combo after launching the enemy both in the air and on the ground.

Moreover, by using different versions of "Steel Spider Thread", you change the angle at which it is shot (A is forward, B is upward, C is diagonally upward). Likewise, the aerial version is shot forward, diagonally downward and straight downward, respectively. Also, you can cancel "Steel Spider Thread", so there are a few tricky applications for it, too. Make good use of it by adapting to your opponent's movement.

Lastly, it should be noted that "Eardrum Smasher" is a special move that quickly moves you forward; it does not knock the opponent down, so it's best used as combo fodder. If you want to finish your combo in midair, it's recommended to do it with the super "Enchant Plus: Linear Accel".

Aoi
By using Aoi, both players gain 1 stock of Power gauge. Since this is a very unusual ability, its cooldown is too long for it to be used more than once per round. It still becomes available relatively early, so you can use it in various ways, such as when you want to deal great damage or get the resources for a defensive move.

Althea
Althea falls down from the sky and delivers multiple spinning strikes with a great axe. She moves very fast, and it can also be used as a pressure tool. The cooldown is relatively long.

Yoishi
Yoishi generates black smoke that moves along the ground. It is unblockable, and if it hits the opponent, they become unable to jump. She is a good support character to use when you want to give your opponent no time to do anything with long start-up. The cooldown is relatively long.

And some points from the game's producer:

- It is now easier to dodge projectiles with Escape Action.

- The system's interface has been adjusted.

- No one noticed it last time, but the game has voiced countdown of the round's last 10 seconds. It also makes the BGM faster and changes the text under the timer from TIME to HURRY.

- Muramasa is going to get another special and super later (I assume that doesn't include Lethal Blaze).

Screw consciousness, more chars!

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/999/999846/

Playable characters:

- Saber (Fate/Zero)

- Kibanohara Ethica (Tokyo Necro)

Assist characters:

- Super Sonico (Sonicomi)

- Tsunemori Akane (Psycho-Pass)

Like I said before, I expected a Tokyo Necro cameo, but making them playable right away is a big surprise. Also, thanks to Akane, we went over the initial limit of 16 Assist characters, so we can expect even more newcomers before the game's release.

And before I forget, I'd like to say that I like how Muramasa turned out, even if she ended up different from my expectations. They built her around the single move that she can certainly do all by herself, without Kageaki, so people like me don't have to complain about her not matching the source material. Sure, she does have her Shinogi, but she only uses it in supers, which fits the idea of her requiring resources for that. Lastly, while I am a bit worried about her Hazama-like gameplay, at the very least, it doesn't seem like she can run away from the opponent all day long, since her threads are much more limited than his chains. I wish I could hear her BGM...

And boy, I can't wait to combine Yoishi with Dragon.

Well I myself was expecting her to be playable (since in the first placeit's their game crossover so that's why characters from other manga/anime/novel franchises are getting only support roles).

Still it would be funny if we get to see her gameplay before we get more info on the actual Tokyo Necro game (I don't think it would be possible though since I expect her to be developed last).

BTW what's the best way to transliterate ニトブラ?

- Nitobura;

- Nitobla;

- Nitbla?

Well I myself was expecting her to be playable (since in the first placeit's their game crossover so that's why characters from other manga/anime/novel franchises are getting only support roles).

But there are plenty of VN Assist characters, she could easily be another one of them.

I'm leaning towards Nitobura, though it's probably going to end up as NB or something like that.

I was actually expecting Yoishi's vomit to turn out to be something like AP Multi's puddle or something, but unblockable black smoke that makes your opponent not jump-able is pretty neat. I can certainly see the applications used against certain mobile characters (probably like Ein) combined with other assists.

I'm hype about Akane though, she'll prob utilize her Dominator, I just wonder how.   

I'd like Akane's properties to change depending on the battle's flow. Like, if the fight has just started and opponent hasn't done anything yet, she can only use the Paralyzer, but if they dealt some damage to you, she can use lethal (?) Eliminator. Or, since most heroines here are evil to some extent, use Eliminator right away :v:

EDIT: More Muramasa impressions, I'll add the translation soon.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201502/02070743.html

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, there isn't a lot of new info, but here it is.

- She doesn't feel finished yet, which is understandable for a loketest.

- Muramasa pulls herself in when the thread hits the opponent (which means she can't use it fly anywhere she wants?).

- The thread's hit stun increases if the opponent is far away to make it easier to follow up.

- Eardrum Smasher deals two hits, with both of them moving Muramasa forward. It might be a good idea to follow up with an Assist attack.

- 2B is a kick to the opponent's legs. It knocks down and can be followed up with 5C, leading into an aerial combo. You can perform it after 2A and many other normals.

- 5C is a sideway kick. Since its untech time is long, you can go 2B 5C 236A into some other follow-up. Overall, it feels like an important part of combos.

- j.B is a long forward kick. A perfect move to use while approaching on a thread. Since its downward reach isn't great, be careful of people crouching and dodging the attack altogether.

- j.C is an attack that blows the opponent away to the edge of the screen. You can cancel it into aerial A thread and follow up with an aerial combo. If the combo is too long to follow up, you can perform Enchant Plus: Linear Accel as a finisher.

>>Akane

SHITTO YEAH!

>>assist only

Fuk this game . . .

I know you're not supposed to get everything you want in life, but come on, that seriously sucks. :vbang:

Two more cents from me: kinda strange that they're still developing Saber (not even screenshots are out while we already some for Ignis and Anna) since they already have the moves from the Nitro Royale version unless they have to revamp everything.

I know you're not supposed to get everything you want in life, but come on, that seriously sucks. :vbang:

Well, let's be honest: she just doesn't have enough material for a full moveset. She can shoot her Dominator, swing with a helmet, and, uh, summon drones? Yeah, I'd rather have her use her most iconic attack than become a joke character.

Two more cents from me: kinda strange that they're still developing Saber (not even screenshots are out while we already some for Ignis and Anna) since they already have the moves from the Nitro Royale version unless they have to revamp everything.

Well, they do have to draw them from scratch, revamp or not. The thing I don't understand here is why she and Sonico are brought up now as something new when they've been confirmed ever since the game's announcement.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking over Ethica's potential playstyle, but there isn't that much info about her: all we know is that she fights zombies and dual-wields chainsaws... Which actually makes everything else irrelevant and might make her fanbase all by itself. I hope Carmelo is in the game in some shape or form, as a partner in dual chainsaw-wielding. Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to her interactions with Mora.

Well, let's be honest: she just doesn't have enough material for a full moveset. She can shoot her Dominator, swing with a helmet, and, uh, summon drones? Yeah, I'd rather have her use her most iconic attack than become a joke character.

Not only is that a flimsily weak excuse [as alot of the playable cast are using heavily improvised movesets as most of these series aren't shounen--aka tons of listed and named special technique--esque series] it shows you have little imagination, just by going through all of the things the Dominator could do in the various media you could easily have made a full set [heck, if this were a more complex orietned game or if they wanted a more unique system heavy character, you could have done alot with how coeffiencts could work]. also your definition of what a "joke" character is must differ wildly from mine.

But I digress, nothing can be done now orz

Just simple click baiting; generating more articles = more potential clicks = more ad revenue.

We all know Ein/Elen is the true Nitro+ gun girl :V

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I personally feel Akane isn't a fighter to begin with, not physically, and I agree with SoWL in that aspect. She fits more of the role as a communicator of sorts (at least in my definition and how I observed from the anime), but that won't work in a FG like this. So just having her shoot is already alright with me. Of course, feel free to disagree with me on this.  

Not only is that a flimsily weak excuse [as alot of the playable cast are using heavily improvised movesets as most of these series aren't shounen--aka tons of listed and named special technique--esque series] it shows you have little imagination, just by going through all of the things the Dominator could do in the various media you could easily have made a full set [heck, if this were a more complex orietned game or if they wanted a more unique system heavy character, you could have done alot with how coeffiencts could work].

Let's put it in another way: what can you do with a Dominator? Well, it has three modes, one of which can't be used on animate objects (though maybe it can be used on Muramasa, Al, Ruili and Anna? :v: ). Both Paralyzer and Eliminator can be done in a fighting game, though the latter probably needs some kind of a setup, similar to Naoto's mechanic. In fact, both modes would probably be supers, since they're that powerful. Which leaves us with the question of what Akane is supposed to do without any gauge. She's getting more badass with each installment, sure, but she's still far from being a proper fighter. And this game only has proper fighters so far, with the only exception being Muramasa, who is a tool. Last time, we had Natsumi, and she didn't have that many fans (and I'm pretty sure her game had better candidates). That said, they did make Ruili playable, and all she does in her game is dance and look pretty, so there might be many other reasons for Akane being unplayable. They don't want playable anime characters, with Saber being grandfathered in due to Nitro Royale? Her potential playstyle fits another character better? They don't want her to get hit and get her PP clouded? The world might never know.

also your definition of what a "joke" character is must differ wildly from mine.

Sorry, the image of helmet normals was too strong in my mind.

Just simple click baiting; generating more articles = more potential clicks = more ad revenue.

I assume this is a reply to my question, in which case, yeah, I can see that.

I'm not going to go into detail about an idea that will never see the light of day, but I have my own idea (as well as others who are saddened by her status) about how you could fit her into a fighter because as I stated already; being a "fighter" has nothing to do with being in a fighter (c'mon this is the same team that made logical moveset for To Heart characters, ONLY 1 of whom was from a legit action title).

There were obviously reasons why they chose her to be assist only [poor as they may have been] but no amount of logic on feasbility is a valid one, which is my only gripe that I would not back down on. (Also you claim everyone is already a battle participant, but I must have forgotten the part in Song of Saya where Saya got into a brawl with anything that wasn't a [redacted] ' x' )

But yeah, enough time has been wasted on this subject, back to still being miffed about how the assist calls are being handled ' ^'

I wouldn't have wanted Akane to take up a playable character slot, because she isn't a Nitro+ character. Only reason she's affiliated with them is because of Urobuchi.

I feel the same way about Saber, only it's too late for that.

Sorry, the image of helmet normals was too strong in my mind.

CGd0oj5l.jpg

Helmet indeed too strong. Sorry had to do it. Swear this will be the last slightly off-topic thing lol. 

I wouldn't have wanted Akane to take up a playable character slot, because she isn't a Nitro+ character. Only reason she's affiliated with them is because of Urobuchi.

Uhh, no, Nitroplus has its share in the production of PP (2 producers are working on anime + Dominator is designed by Ishiwata Makoto for example).

Seems like there is some info on the game in the new Comptiq issue, and this one is available digitally. I'll buy it when I get home and post whatever I find there.

EDIT: I got it, and unfortunately there's zero new info (unless you count short bios for Anna and Ignis).

Oh, and by the way, Amazon and its interface need to die in a fire.