Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Since Spark gave the okay, here it is.

Only one rule: all discussion is fine "as long as all the chatter stays related to BB". So talking about tourneys and all that is fine, but drunk off-topic "FML" posts are not. ;)

This thread should keep the others cleaner and more focused, so all the random Haku stuff can go here.

First order of the day: finding a cool thread title because I can't think of one atm.

Discuss!

How about: "The Justice Chat"?

When do you guys find it is the best time to do hop tsubaki/hotaru, and when to tk it? I personally see no real use for hop specials except to make them fear you hopping, tk is quicker to use and more effective than hop specials, thoughts?

EDIT:

DDDDDDDDD

NO. We aren't mu/lambda/nu.

How about: "The Justice Chat"?

When do you guys find it is the best time to do hop tsubaki/hotaru, and when to tk it? I personally see no real use for hop specials except to make them fear you hopping, tk is quicker to use and more effective than hop specials, thoughts?

i do hop when they think they are out on my range then bam they die. TK is when you are already on top of them.

"Justice Chat" is a-go for now. Title will change with the mood.

Hop is good while working a ground game. TK is when they're on top of you (or you on them). The distance can be enough to make a difference and hop creates pressure on its own, so both have uses.

"Justice Chat" is a-go for now. Title will change with the mood.

What? C'mon...That shit is so typical and boring. ;-;

Ah well it's not like I can really think of anything better. :v:

Well, looks like it won't be going up since it seems only a mod can change the title. @_@

Unless I'm doing it wrong, I thought you could just edit the first post's title and that would change the thread title, but it seems that's not the case.

Anyway, Justice Chat is a nice starter to set the tone and it's temporary. Joke titles'll be up in no time. Chill.

Anyway, why am I so free with corner combos? I never really hit the j.2C after the j.2A and if I do, I always whiff the 2C realunch... Is there some kind of secret forbidden timing unbeknownst to common man?? :psyduck:

Anyway, why am I so free with corner combos? I never really hit the j.2C after the j.2A and if I do, I always whiff the 2C realunch... Is there some kind of secret forbidden timing unbeknownst to common man?? :psyduck:

its because you suck.

j2A then depending on the hieght either immedieatly J2C 2C or delay it slightly so when the j2C hits the landing cancels the rest of the animation.

The secret unbeknownst to most players is "training mode", with that said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbL6C18OD5o&p=C0956445C53F73A9&playnext=1&index=31

Enjoy. Watch. And. Learn:eng101:

Real talk watching these vids taught me all of hakumens combos along with just trying random shit out in training mode.

its because you suck.

That's what she said. :3

Stay gdlk.

@7 lol I think I've actually watched those before. Apparently I didn't gain anything from it. :psyduck:

That's what she said. :3

Stay gdlk.

@7 lol I think I've actually watched those before. Apparently I didn't gain anything from it. :psyduck:

njmamm what have i told you about bringing your ex girlfriend (dog) into this? quit clogging our thread and masyer that combo.

6323AA j2A fJ2C 2C j2A ad J2A JC 5C 3C theres a simple 1

jump B (blocked)> hop tsubaki > hits them high> do combo > *feel badass >:D*

alternate route > blocks tsubaki high> takes off a primer > *feel only slightly badass :/*

njmamm what have i told you about bringing your ex girlfriend (dog) into this? quit clogging our thread and masyer that combo.

6323AA j2A fJ2C 2C j2A ad J2A JC 5C 3C theres a simple 1

yes OBVIOUSLY i have a means to practice this :v:

Learning combos is like learning concepts at school, everyone learns differently. For me, I'm a visual learner (I'm in the top 5 percentile for 20-25 year olds in terms of image reproduction). But, my reading comprehension skills are wickedly poor (learning disability level) so I can't learn combos from reading it, they confuse and irritate the shit out of me.

Hence, why just find combos vids every time I get my hands on the latest GG/BB and grind out the combos. Reading the combos don't work for me, and actually seeing the combos you can watch closely and carefully where the timing and inputs lie. If you're in school use the same methods that allows to become most receptive to what you need to know.

And finally, you need to practice those combos in live combat, I like putting the the games difficulty at hell and then go into training mode with ragna on 100 comp difficulty. Also set heat and health to no regenerate, this is a quick way of getting into that comfortable zone with you combos, then do the combos against REAL people.

That's how I have learned to play GG/BB for every installment. Learning fighters is like taking a new class, you can't just work hard, you have to work smart:eng101:

Hope that helps.

Does playing against the computer actually help though? Don't they just DP anything you input?

Also I'm not sure how I feel about this thread. I foresee the possibility of it turning into a spam pit. :8/:

Then again, I guess if the Tagers and Bangs can do it, so can we.

Does playing against the computer actually help though? Don't they just DP anything you input?

Also I'm not sure how I feel about this thread. I foresee the possibility of it turning into a spam pit. :8/:

Then again, I guess if the Tagers and Bangs can do it, so can we.

I'm not good enough to have a respectable opinion, but logically I don't think it would help because computers tend to do things humans never would, and aren't affected by mindgames/oki like humans are.

Learning combos is like learning concepts at school, everyone learns differently. For me, I'm a visual learner (I'm in the top 5 percentile for 20-25 year olds in terms of image reproduction). But, my reading comprehension skills are wickedly poor (learning disability level) so I can't learn combos from reading it, they confuse and irritate the shit out of me.

Hence, why just find combos vids every time I get my hands on the latest GG/BB and grind out the combos. Reading the combos don't work for me, and actually seeing the combos you can watch closely and carefully where the timing and inputs lie. If you're in school use the same methods that allows to become most receptive to what you need to know.

And finally, you need to practice those combos in live combat, I like putting the the games difficulty at hell and then go into training mode with ragna on 100 comp difficulty. Also set heat and health to no regenerate, this is a quick way of getting into that comfortable zone with you combos, then do the combos against REAL people.

That's how I have learned to play GG/BB for every installment. Learning fighters is like taking a new class, you can't just work hard, you have to work smart:eng101:

Hope that helps.

Thanks, yeah. Learning is learning. Be it whatever. Everything applies.

I find that looking at both sides will help you reinforce it. I mean, generally, looking at vids seem more clear to me, but for some things you really just have to read it (mostly GG shit). So yeah it's best to understand all prspectives.