How long does it take for a post to be approved by a moderator?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 15 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

Nora Kisaragi
Nora Kisaragi

Silver Member

• Members
  • Location Massachussets, United States
  • XBL: Nora Kisaragi
  • PSN:  Nora_Kisaragi
I have two posts pending, one has been pending since friday, the other a little over 24 hours

Just wondering with the usual time to wait is. Thanks!
*XBL/PSN/MSN*
"Love, hate, jealousy, all lies; the only truth in this world is death."~Jin Kisaragi

#2 15 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

shtkn
shtkn

hokuto shtkn

• Administrators
  • Twitter: @shtkn
  • Location San Diego
  • XBL: shtknEX
  • PSN:  shtkn
we don't use the whole approving posts thing... i know i never enabled that setting, so if that happens then it was a bug. i'll approve your posts now.

i know ive seen other posts that were "pending moderation", but i don't know why. i'm going to go double check the settings now...

edit: yup, they're set to off. maybe smoeone out there knows more about forum software than me can share their experiences?

the only thing i can think of is you didn't follow the link in that email dustloop sends you when you first register.

no longer doing name changes, sorry

#3 15 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

killionaire
killionaire

Not depressed

• Members
  • Location Antarctica
  • XBL: Nonexistent
  • PSN:  Sepulchritude
The approving posts mechanic is simply one that exists to prevent spambots from doing any damage, if I am correct.

What, then, would explain the lack of such bots posting here recently?

fuck life I'm going to anime

#4 15 February 2011 - 01:03 AM

shtkn
shtkn

hokuto shtkn

• Administrators
  • Location San Diego
i installed some new spam account catcher plugin at hte beginning of january. it's doing a decent job overall, though it doesn't catch all of them.

#5 15 February 2011 - 01:36 AM

Nora Kisaragi
Nora Kisaragi

Silver Member

• Members
  • Location Massachussets, United States
  • XBL: Nora Kisaragi
  • PSN:  Nora_Kisaragi
I've noticed it only says the thing about my post needing to be approved if my post contains a link of some kind, or perhaps it's tied to my rank or something.

EDIT: And thanks a bunch!

Edited by Nora Kisaragi, 15 February 2011 - 01:41 AM.

*XBL/PSN/MSN*
"Love, hate, jealousy, all lies; the only truth in this world is death."~Jin Kisaragi

#6 15 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

shtkn
shtkn

hokuto shtkn

• Administrators
  • Location San Diego

I've noticed it only says the thing about my post needing to be approved if my post contains a link of some kind

i've found the cause thanks to that hint: it was due to teh anti spam feature i added in. If you had less than 6 posts and your post contained a link, then it was automatically sent for moderation. I've disabled that so we don't get this problem again. The plugin still checks IPs and emails and whatnot against a list of known spam accounts so it should still stop a lot of them from posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users