evilben
evilben

Cere-Hipster...

• Members
  • Location STL MO
  • XBL: thevilben
Attached File  264px-060503_cerebella_01f.jpg   30.43KB   2664 downloads
Cerebella's back story from the Skullgirls website
Cerebella is the biggest sensation in the Cirque des Cartes - a tumbling, soaring dynamo of star power! Throughout the kingdom Cerebella is admired for her daring, and lusted after for her curvaceous form. Sadly, the kind of approval she craves is the one kind she isn't getting in torrents. What Cerebella really longs for is praise from her patron and de facto father, mobster Vitale Medici, who rescued her from the street for a life of fame.

Faced with Cerebella's inherent goodness, the only way Vitale can keep her doing such dirty work is to remain stingy with his affections. Cerebella is the only person capable of controlling the living weapon Vice-Versa (a mega-strong set of arms she wears as a hat). Cold, calculating Vitale knows he'll have to keep this girl wrapped around his little finger if he wants to keep that kind of major muscle in his corner.
Cerebella's profile on Skullgirls.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nIAzbCjuUI&feature=player_embedded

Edited by evilben, 12 April 2012 - 04:06 PM.

I liked liking Skullgirls before liking Skullgirls was cool... ~hipster game fan.

#2 03 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

evilben
evilben

Cere-Hipster...

• Members
  • Location STL MO
Tag in: Elbow Drop from above
Mobility: Has no air dash (but can glide with a held HP in the air which can only end in jHP)
Can double jump.
Has 360 recognition (will not jump is you start a 360 from back or towards)

Mike Z describing Cerebella at evo2011 panel: http://www.youtube.c...tailpage#t=183s

normals of note:
MP staggers if grounded.
f HP causes ground slide

Normals (Lifted from Tha Hindu)
s.LP - Throws out a small jab. Has decent range. Has little knock back. Can be comboed into itself once.
cr.LP - Pokes in a blade motion with her hand. More knock back then the s.LP and longer recovery.
j.LP - Does a downward jab. Almost no knock back. Can be comboed into itself until she hits the ground.
s.MP - Hits opp with her elbow. Slides a bit forward to gain ground when doing so. Staggers if first hit on the ground is MP. Little knock back on non-stagger version.
cr.MP - Brings her arm over her head and hits you with the elbow. Decent Range. Slides forward quite a bit gaining ground. Long startup.
j.MP - Somewhat slaps her with her hand. Sends airborne opp downwards. Good stun on standing chars. Longest ranged aerial normal.
s.HP - Overhead to floor ground pound. Good range and stun. Will knock down if opp is air borne.
cr.HP - Somewhat muscular flex done from ground up. Lanucher move. Good stun. Good range.
j.HP - Does a downward clap. If button is pressed fast she will just do the clap. If you press and hold the button after you do it she will float (semi-air dash) and on release perform the clap. Can be comboed in to itself with good positioning and timing.
s.LK - Does a dainty kick backwards and hits you with a blade from her boot. Little knock back and ok range.
cr.LK - Extends her leg out and hits you with a blade from the boot. Better range and knock back then the s.LK.
j.LK - Does a kind of splits in the air hitting you with a blade from her boot. Good range, ok knock back. Can be jump canceled on whiff.
s.MK - Puts one big arms down and uses it as a pole to swing around and kick you with her heel. Decent range, knock back, and stun.
cr.MK - Does a hand stand and does a kick directly upwards. Launcher move. Opp gets knocked up and brought forward for positioning. Good stun.
j.MK - Does a drop kick. Decent range, stun, and knock back.
s.HK - Big arms act as a bar somewhat and she kicks you with both legs for one hit then goes over the arms and kicks you with the legs again. 2 hit move. Step forward somewhat. First hit knocks opp upward a bit and second hit hits overhead and knocks them back. Ok range, knock back, and stun.
cr.HK - Sweeps low with a big arm. Great knock back and has the longest range of her ground normals.
j.HK - Extends legs out and hits you with blades from both shoes. Knocks down air borne opps. Ok range, good stun.
Grab - Grabs the opp with her feet, spins around, and throws them. Good knock back.

Specials
236 throw: Diamond Drop, close range command grab that is throw invulnerable
214 throw: Merry Go-Rilla, long range command grab that is hit invulnerable (will whiff if they are too close!)
623 throw: Exellabella, anti air grab, can block unless rising, can combo into it and will knock opponent far away (can otg followup in the corner)
j.236 throw: Grab Bag, aerial command grab, cannot hit characters on the ground
623 LP: Diamond Deflector, projectile reflect, will stagger if hit with reflected projectile
623 MP: Devil Horns, invulnerable upward attack, super close range hitbox (opponent will land right behind you)
623 HP: Cere-copter, knocks opponent far away, no invulnerability
236 P: Lock N'Load, dash punch (MP variant has 1 hit of super armor, HP has 2 hit of super armor)
(4)6 kick: Tumbling Run, command run with one hit armor
-> HK : Battle Butt, battle toads ram has two additional hits armor and gets a special animation if it KOs
-> MK : Kanchou, cross over and attack, no armor from start up of this ender (wall bounces back to where you were if midscreen, cannot cross up in corner[?])
-> LK : Run Stop
-> Throw : Pummel Horse, grab (staggers)
hold HP in air: Glide, forward soar that ends in j.HP
j.2MP: elbow drop

Supers
360 throw: Ultimate Show Stopper, super grab
236 pp: Diamond Dynamo, Cebebella skips forward as Vice Versa windmills its arms, can combo afterwards(if you're better than mike... at least while he's talking)
214 pp: Diamonds are Forever (lvl 3), Vice Versa picks up a rock and punches it into a diamond at the opponent, causes wall bounce. has armor.

Edited by evilben, 12 April 2012 - 03:24 PM.

I liked liking Skullgirls before liking Skullgirls was cool... ~hipster game fan.

#3 03 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

MashThat5A
MashThat5A

Game is hard

• Members
  • Location NYC
  • PSN:  godoftennis101

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
I would mention that you took that description from the Skullgirls site, just for formality's sake.

:RG:RIP Ragna 2011-2013 :RG:

:TA:RIP Taokaka 2010-2014 :TA:
:KO: @MashThat5A  :KO:

#4 03 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Koopa_Klawz
Koopa_Klawz

Deity

• Members
  • Location Bowling Green, OH
  • PSN:  Nokonoko_Koopa
http://shoryuken.com...30#post-5491237

talks all about cerebella and peacock.
BBCP: :AZ: :HA:
P4U2:  :ballPSHO:  :ballSHO: :ballKA2:
UNiEL: Merkava

#5 03 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Brian12
Brian12

Cute grappler

• Members
  • Location Brampton,A small city in Ontario Canada eh?
  • PSN:  chokingbabyz
Cerebella is the character I look forward to using the most
Mainly because I like using big guy grapplers
and she looks really cute :3
MvC3: Super-Skrull/Taskmaster/Haggar
SG: Cerebella
http://brian12.deviantart.com/

#6 06 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

Firekid2
Firekid2

Shut up and fight!

• Members
  • Location New Bark Town, Johto
  • PSN:  Firekid2468
Cerabella Lv 3 looks like it has tons of super armor. >_>
BB: Mak, Noel, Haz, Rags
AH: Saki, Weiss, Scharl, Heart
...Wait, what?

#7 08 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

InfiniteZero
InfiniteZero

a grunt

• Members
  • Location GA
i love this character already.

#8 11 August 2011 - 06:01 AM

Urichinan
Urichinan

4B[m]

• Members
  • Twitter: Urichinan
  • Location Maryville, Tennessee
  • PSN:  Uri_WoZ
One note for the moves post, MP will always stagger as long as the opponent is grounded, so even if you juggle, land and then combo into st.MP it'll stagger, but you can only stagger once per combo.

I can do a write-up of her normals but I'll have to do a little bit of studying first because there are a few I just can't remember, but if I see them I'll remember, so I'll let you know.

#9 11 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

evilben
evilben

Cere-Hipster...

• Members
  • Location STL MO
that would be awesome uri! for some reason i thought mike said that you couldnt combo into the stagger in some video or not, but not having actually played the game, ill take your word for it!

#10 12 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Osuna
Osuna

Deity

• Members
I wanted to mention this wayyyy before but I object to Cere having a special move that both has a long animation to make sure you Know you're about to be staggered, and then to not have a high enough minimum stagger to land 360+Throw which is a pretty fast move. I could be wrong, but it looks like it turns it into an annoying CT Jin ice set up, only less useful.

I'm not sure how useful a write up on moves is in a game that's getting frequent updates we don't have complete access to.
Pm me if you're in/near Battle ground or Vancouver WA. There has to be Someone...right?

#11 13 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

aer0blue
aer0blue

stream MONSTAR

• Members
  • Location Puerto Rico
  • PSN:  aer0blue
Cerebella has Kakashi's Thousand Years of Pain?! :D

http://www.youtube.c...etailpage#t=18s

http://www.youtube.c...tailpage#t=436s

Don't know if old. Still amusing!

#12 30 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

evilben
evilben

Cere-Hipster...

• Members
  • Location STL MO
yea she does, but thats really just called kancho and is actually a common prank done by little kids in japan.

#13 13 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

Koopa_Klawz
Koopa_Klawz

Deity

• Members
  • Location Bowling Green, OH
  • PSN:  Nokonoko_Koopa
hmm this thread is being a bit dead right now. :(

so what do you future cerebella mains think how well she can be in a 1 man team based on her right now?
BBCP: :AZ: :HA:
P4U2:  :ballPSHO:  :ballSHO: :ballKA2:
UNiEL: Merkava

#14 13 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

BlueSky
BlueSky

Just drifting~

• Members
  • Location KY
  • PSN:  BlackAlias92
She looks like she can do well alone with her run-duck-poke move and he projectile reflects and anti-air move (Excellent!). The poke looks like its good to combo off of... so I think she'll be fine alone :)

#15 14 September 2011 - 03:51 PM

evilben
evilben

Cere-Hipster...

• Members
  • Location STL MO
with the amount of damage she does she will definitely be viable as a solo character. she might suffer from zoning problems, though. even with her greater mobility and projectile reflect, her lack of a true air dash might be a hindrance. we dont really know how well the projectile reflect works as no one in the videos really uses it a lot, but a lot of her ability to stand on her own will come down to that (in my opinion). if it works like a screen that she can advance behind (like potemkins) then she will be scary, otherwise you might spend all of your time reflecting projectiles and not advancing.

while she will be able to function on her own simply by the amount of damage she can dish out if/when she finally catches you, i think she would still be much better off with an assist to help her close. (but i am planning on playing at least a two person team so thats really just my opinion)

#16 16 September 2011 - 11:53 PM

Hellfromabove
Hellfromabove

Platinum Members

• Members

with the amount of damage she does she will definitely be viable as a solo character. she might suffer from zoning problems, though. even with her greater mobility and projectile reflect, her lack of a true air dash might be a hindrance. we dont really know how well the projectile reflect works as no one in the videos really uses it a lot, but a lot of her ability to stand on her own will come down to that (in my opinion). if it works like a screen that she can advance behind (like potemkins) then she will be scary, otherwise you might spend all of your time reflecting projectiles and not advancing.

while she will be able to function on her own simply by the amount of damage she can dish out if/when she finally catches you, i think she would still be much better off with an assist to help her close. (but i am planning on playing at least a two person team so thats really just my opinion)

She is really really strong imo. Her lv1 grab super does a far bit more than anyone else's lv1 super. For a grappler character to have the amount of command grabs she has, be decently fast advancing on the ground, and be able to hover in the air to advance she has a lot going for her. On top of that the move she uses to hover and advance in the air (j.FP) can be done very low off the ground to get an insta-overhead. The stun on the move is so great that you can land and combo off of it as well. At this point I think she is pretty powerful but the other characters are as well. Each character has their strengths and weaknesses and it really shows when you play the game. It all comes down to how you are playing the game and the character. Player skill really matters in this game.

-Tha Hindu
"Tushar, I'm loooooooooost"

-Zenmetsu

#17 17 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

blk_mage
blk_mage

Bitches love 720s

• Members
  • Location Yoch Town, CA
  • XBL: Professor Lando
  • PSN:  Blk_mage

hmm this thread is being a bit dead right now. :(

so what do you future cerebella mains think how well she can be in a 1 man team based on her right now?

From what I've played of single cerebella (which is pretty much all I played at EVO and at NCI) she can be verry good alone as her 360 is strong enough to almost kill people on a team of 3 in one go and does about 75-80%to on people in a team of 2. She also has more ways to get in then most grapple characters in any other game i've played but can still be zoned out pretty easily by characters like peacock who can spam projectiles and teleport when you get close >.<

#18 17 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Osuna
Osuna

Deity

• Members
I was actually thinking her damage might be a handicap as a solo character. As in other characters could very likely have full life combos, and end up having the same damage but greater mobility.
Pm me if you're in/near Battle ground or Vancouver WA. There has to be Someone...right?

#19 18 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

aer0blue
aer0blue

stream MONSTAR

• Members
  • Location Puerto Rico
  • PSN:  aer0blue
...Battletoads color palette plz ;3

#20 18 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

Hellfromabove
Hellfromabove

Platinum Members

• Members

From what I've played of single cerebella (which is pretty much all I played at EVO and at NCI) she can be verry good alone as her 360 is strong enough to almost kill people on a team of 3 in one go and does about 75-80%to on people in a team of 2. She also has more ways to get in then most grapple characters in any other game i've played but can still be zoned out pretty easily by characters like peacock who can spam projectiles and teleport when you get close >.<

Just saying, so far I've been able to do around 50% damage with a Lv1 char on a Lv3 Cerebella and I don't think I'm pushing the boundaries that much yet...

-Tha Hindu

-Zenmetsu

#21 19 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

evilben
evilben

Cere-Hipster...

• Members
  • Location STL MO
currently all characters have the same life/defence, correct? i think i remember mike saying that. i agree with osuna that all single characters will be able to touch of death and 3 man team char if they get a good combo. i think that cere will do better because her one off hits and trades will do a lot of damage. that and if you can catch someone with show stopper its pretty much lights out.
but again, i dont plan on playing solo so this is just my thoughts.

#22 19 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Hellfromabove
Hellfromabove

Platinum Members

• Members

currently all characters have the same life/defence, correct? i think i remember mike saying that. i agree with osuna that all single characters will be able to touch of death and 3 man team char if they get a good combo. i think that cere will do better because her one off hits and trades will do a lot of damage. that and if you can catch someone with show stopper its pretty much lights out.
but again, i dont plan on playing solo so this is just my thoughts.

Yes, all characters have the same stamina. I'm trying to prevent otks from happening. After a recent test I had over here with a group of people this past weekend there was some feedback given to me to decrease the damage on the show stopper super. Hopefully Mike has taken their/ my advice.

-Tha Hindu

-Zenmetsu

#23 20 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

evilben
evilben

Cere-Hipster...

• Members
  • Location STL MO
the damage on showstopper really depends on if you can jump after the super flash or not. if you cant then i agree the damage needs to be toned down, if you can then leave it as is... if i remember right i think mike was still not sure on how he was going to have it work.

#24 22 September 2011 - 12:15 AM

EmptySkyForm
EmptySkyForm

Silver Member

• Members
  • XBL: AncientMech
Just for the record, her Diamond Punch super only costs 1 bar. The being said, its a pretty good super to counter a careless projectile. That and just about every move of her's has super armor. I plan to use her on my team along with Peacock.

#25 22 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

SolxBaiken
SolxBaiken

SinxBaiken(?)

• Members
  • Location Awaiting winter . . .
  • PSN:  Ishiwatari

Just for the record, her Diamond Punch super only costs 1 bar.

No it doesn't, it's her level 3.

#26 22 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

EmptySkyForm
EmptySkyForm

Silver Member

• Members
  • XBL: AncientMech
Sorry, my mistake. Just looked at the fight night #4 and it is her level 3. Looks like it works like Tager's spark bolt.

#27 22 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

MyLifeIsAnRPG
MyLifeIsAnRPG

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New Jersey
  • PSN:  MyLifeIsAnRPG
I just don't think it should be toned down period. It's really hard to hit especially if your opponent is using assists correctly. Let's keep this in perspective people. Whenever a grappler has a strong throw people call for nerfs bit then they always end up low tier. Tager for example. In a game this mobile landing a close range 360 deserves to get you that damage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

#28 22 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

Jet Set Dizzy
Jet Set Dizzy

So hype.

• Members
  • Location Shibuya Terminal
  • XBL: JET SET DLZZY
  • PSN:  JET_SET_DLZZY

I just don't think it should be toned down period. It's really hard to hit especially if your opponent is using assists correctly. Let's keep this in perspective people. Whenever a grappler has a strong throw people call for nerfs bit then they always end up low tier. Tager for example. In a game this mobile landing a close range 360 deserves to get you that damage.

Yeah I agree, I hate being able to jump out of throws on superflash. When you can they lose their mixup potential entirely and their use becomes very un-throw-like.

...but hey this is just speculation, don't quote me or anything.

:DI: :NU: :kitty:

#29 22 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hellfromabove
Hellfromabove

Platinum Members

• Members

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

It's untechable and you can combo into it off any light or medium move. Your logic is invalid.

-Tha Hindu

-Zenmetsu

#30 22 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

Firekid2
Firekid2

Shut up and fight!

• Members
  • Location New Bark Town, Johto
  • PSN:  Firekid2468

It's untechable and you can combo into it off any light or medium move. Your logic is invalid.

-Tha Hindu

You can't combo into her 360. :psyduck:

Edited by Firekid2, 22 September 2011 - 09:07 PM.

BB: Mak, Noel, Haz, Rags
AH: Saki, Weiss, Scharl, Heart
...Wait, what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users