SolxBaiken

SinxBaiken(?)

• Members
  • Location Awaiting winter . . .
  • PSN:  Ishiwatari
Posted Image

[[Reserved for intro]]

__________Biography__________
Valentine is the only survivor of the Last Hope, a group of special Anti-Skullgirl Lab operatives. Before meeting their end at the hands of the Skullgirl, the Last Hope worked for the mysterious Lab Zero and performed duties ranging from reconnaissance and sabotage to advanced research.

Now Valentine dutifully serves the Skullgirl, carrying out her will from the shadows. She keeps to herself, so much of her true nature and personality are unknown.

__________Frame Data__________

__________News & Updates__________
11/25/11 - Just announced to be 1 of the 8 launch characters for the game.

Edited by Prototype909, 24 May 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#2 25 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

SolxBaiken
SolxBaiken

SinxBaiken(?)

• Members
[[Reserved for move list]]

Normals__________
[LP] -

[cr. LP] -

[j. LP] -

[MP] -

[cr. MP] -

[j. MP] -

[HP] -

[cr. HP] -

[j. HP] -

[LK] -

[cr. LK] -

[j. LK] -

[MK] -

[cr. MK] -

[j. MK] -

[HK] -

[cr. HK] -

[j. HK] -

Specials__________

[*] Cloak and Sever (tag in): Valentine enters the screen behind a curtain as she tags in, attacking as she appears near the opponent. She can get hit from behind the curtain. Although identical to her standard s.HP the tag in attack will not cancel into anything.

[*] Dead Cross (236 + P): Valentine throws a fixed range, single hit projectile . LP, MP, and HP shurikens all travel between half and full screen before hitting the ground. The air versions travel at a wider angles with increasing button strength.

[*] Vial Hazard (214 + P): As a stand-alone special move, this hits twice up close. Valentine hits once as she discards the vial and again as she taps the needle. Valentine must complete the full Vial Hazard animation to the second hit to load the poison. She will not keep the syringe if she cancels into Blockbuster too early or gets interrupted by the opponent.

[*] Flew Shot (236 + P): A superior syringe projectile that causes a poison effect on hit. The ground version travels in a straight horizontal line. The air version has a similar angles to Dead Cross. Missing Flew Shot wastes the poison.

[*] Savage Bypass (236 + K): Valentine dashes forward, causing File:knockdown.png with a single bonesaw cut as she appears behind the opponent. With the defending player's back to the corner, Valentine will not switch sides on a successful hit. Although she appears to disappear or teleport during the attack Valentine has no invulnerably during this move. Opponents can hit her out of the move's start up. On block, Savage Bypass will stop in front of the opponent. If it misses Valentine stops as soon as she switches sides with the opponent.

[*] Mortuary Drop (214 + LP+LK): A slow command throw, Valentine lunges forward with a body bag. A 5HP canceled into Mortuary Drop will position the opponent with the perfect range and enough stun to effectively set up this throw. Valentine can cancel the recovery animation to a Blockbuster as she's in the air.

Supers__________

[*] Checkmate Incision (236 + PP): A volley of 7 projectile scalpels. Valentine poses after the ground version, meaning the air version can recover much faster and allow better combos off of the lengthy hit stun effect.

[*] EKG Flatliner (236 + KK): Valentine dashes forward with invulnerability , traveling full screen with the first hit of the Blockbuster. The extended hit stop effect on the last hit gives Valentine a way to Blockbuster Sequel into some slower starting Blockbusters of her teammates. EKG Flatliner can hit multiple characters but must successfully hit the opponent's point character first or Valentine will not complete the move.

[*] Acquisitive Prescription (423 + KK): Counter that stuns the opponent, allowing Valentine to start a combo. Acquisitive Prescription deals no damage on its own and doesn't count as a hit for damage scaling. Valentine's counters start in 0f and only causes a super freeze if successful. The attack will always consume Dramatic Tension, either at the super freeze or at the end of the active frames for the counter. Both Acquisitive Prescription and the poison enhanced Countervenom cannot be used as a Blockbuster Sequel.

[*] Countervenom (423 + KK): After using Vial Hazard, Valentine's counter stabs the opponent with a syringe. This attack deals damage, applies the poison effect to the opponent, and sends them flying backwards into the corner for a combo. Missing does not waste the poison but still consumes tension just like normal version of the counter.

[*] Dead on Arrival (214 + PP): A throw on hit attack that resembles a Mortuary Drop with startup invulnerability , then transitions to an uninterruptable cinematic sequence as Valentine and the defending character appear from the top of the screen. Blockbuster Sequels are not possible during the cinematic portion of this attack.

[*] Forbidden Procedure: Rebirth Ex Machina (214 + TAG): Valentine presses her AED paddles to the floor, reviving the corpse of a fallen teammate and hitting opponents with the surrounding electricity. As an attack the level 5 has invulnerability and deals significant damage. It must make contact with the fallen teammate's body to revive successfully. It can hit both an opponent and a friendly corpse, save the teammate and let the opponent punish Valentine, or miss both and waste a full 5 levels of Dramatic Tension. With a successful revival the teammate recovers 33% health and quickly leaves the screen.

Edited by Prototype909, 24 May 2012 - 12:05 AM.
Adding content

#3 25 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

SolxBaiken
SolxBaiken

SinxBaiken(?)

• Members
[[Reserved for combos & tactics]]

#4 25 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

SolxBaiken
SolxBaiken

SinxBaiken(?)

• Members
[[Reserved for media]]

#5 25 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

SolxBaiken
SolxBaiken

SinxBaiken(?)

• Members
[[Final reserve for ???]]

#6 19 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

CopperDabbit
CopperDabbit

Corner Combo

• Members
  • Location Cali-forn-i-a
  • PSN:  C0pp3rDabb1t
I got some hands on time with Valentine at SCR this weekend, and wanted to share my findings.
NOTE: EVERYTHING WRITTEN HERE IS FROM MY MEMORY. I'M GOING TO GET INFORMATION WRONG, AND SOME THINGS WILL ABSOLUTELY CHANGE. CONSIDER EVERYTHING HERE SPECULATIVE AT BEST.

First and for most, she's freakin' awesome. Yet another character I originally had no interest in playing, but after seeing her in action, I must main. I believe this is the 5th one.

The breakdown:

Normals:

5lp: standard jab, gatlings into itself 3 times. She takes out a scalpel (1st hit) then twirls it around (2nd hit), then slashes backwards (3rd hit).
2lp: takes out one of those reflex hammer things. 1 hit.
2lk: standard short. Gatlings into itself once. Sticks out her foot (1st hit), then the Red Cross on her ankle spins (2nd hit).
5mk: Stick her leg out sideways, misses crouching characters, hits more than once.
5hk: Takes out an IV stand, gatlings into itself 3 times. Final hit causes the opponent to fly across the screen. Easy hit confirm into super.
2hp: Launcher. Looks kind of like the final hit of Makoto's Seichusan Godanzuki.
j.lk: brings up her knees, the Red Crosses spin and hit multiple times.
j.mk: does a side kick, changes her air momentum slightly.
j.mp: Pulls out a hacksaw and dives at the opponent (it's not a dive kick like move, it just looks like she's diving), hits multiple times.
j.hp: takes out a hacksaw and swings it in a 270 degree arc. Really good cross up move.
j.hk: pulls out a body bag from nowhere, a corpse pops out it's legs (1st hit) then it's arms (2nd hit).

Specials:
236p (air OK): Throws out a shuriken.
214p: Performs an animation that powers up her projectile. This didn't do anything in the build I played.
214lp+lk: dashes forward with a body bag and stuffs the opponent into it (grab). Then throws them high into the air where they hit the ground. Can OTG for an easy combo. VERY unsafe.

Supers:

236pp (air OK): Throws out a bunch of scalpels and impales the opponent. Hits multiple times, freezes opponent in the air on hit.
22pp: Valentine takes out shock paddles. This super had no effect in the build at SCR and didn't take a meter.

Throws were not in the build, nor was her tag in.

That's everything that I can remember... HFA recorded some casuals that included Valentine, hopefully he'll post the link to them sometime soon.

Edited by CopperDabbit, 19 December 2011 - 09:05 AM.
Mike yelled at me T_T

"What kind of robot are you anyway?"
"I'm just a robot that wants to live in your underpants."

#7 19 December 2011 - 06:47 AM

Jet Set Dizzy
Jet Set Dizzy

So hype.

• Members
  • Location Shibuya Terminal
  • XBL: JET SET DLZZY
  • PSN:  JET_SET_DLZZY

214lp+lk: dashes forward with a body bag and stuffs the opponent into it (grab). Then throws them high into the air where they hit the ground. Can OTG for an easy combo. VERY unsafe.

Thanks for the info!
When you say it's unsafe do you mean on block meaning that it is blockable(and comboable?) or that it has a long whiff?

...but hey this is just speculation, don't quote me or anything.

:DI: :NU: :kitty:

#8 19 December 2011 - 06:48 AM

CopperDabbit
CopperDabbit

Corner Combo

• Members
  • Location Cali-forn-i-a
Really long whiff. It's not blockable and not combo-able.-

#9 19 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

CopperDabbit
CopperDabbit

Corner Combo

• Members
  • Location Cali-forn-i-a
And the vids! Thanks HFA!

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

#10 19 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Starlight777
Starlight777

Yuuki Trinity

• Members
  • Location Philly derp.
  • XBL: What Xbox?
  • PSN:  GarbageDay75
214p is an animation that powers up her projectile? I think that's the syringe poison that Mike mentioned awhile ago. Speaking of which, does Valentine throw different things at different strengths?

Starlight is Star-Demon's evil twin brother, he feeds on your salty McFries.

BB Main: :PT: :TER:
Sub: :RE: :AZ:

#11 19 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

CopperDabbit
CopperDabbit

Corner Combo

• Members
  • Location Cali-forn-i-a
No, just different speeds.

#12 19 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

Starlight777
Starlight777

Yuuki Trinity

• Members
  • Location Philly derp.

No, just different speeds.

Oh ok, it's just that in the last match on the 9 minute vid, I could have sworn I saw her take a syringe out of a case and throw it.

#13 19 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Mike Z
Mike Z

Not a game mechanic

• Moderators
  • Location Yomi Layer 3
  • PSN:  MikeZWasTaken

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
@ CopperDabbit, you should know (or at least ASK) what's not finished before you post a breakdown. Or maybe preface it with "unfinished"?
Misinformation annoys the developer who will continue to get asked questions about it long after her final version is playable. And who knows where you live. ;^)

- s.LP is a random item each time you do it, 3 different items. Same hitbox for all.
- her command grab won't work even close to that way when it's done...
- and yes, she's intended to throw a syringe with poison in it if you load one before doing QCT+P; that bit wasn't in this build.

Edited by Mike Z, 19 December 2011 - 09:00 AM.
kant spel

Mike Z - Y'know, Big Band has a pull-in normal...just sayin' it was one of the best things Guilty Gear gave grapplers.

#14 19 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

CopperDabbit
CopperDabbit

Corner Combo

• Members
  • Location Cali-forn-i-a
Sorry Mike, I'll go back and add a disclaimer.

#15 20 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

Rampage
Rampage

Predacon

• Members
  • PSN:  Sanger_Zonvolt

22pp: Valentine takes out shock paddles. This super had no effect in the build at SCR and didn't take a meter.

So that wasn't her snap back after all.
Team Skullgirl Blood

Guilty Gear::SO::PO:
BB::TG::HZ:
Skullgirls: Painwheel/Marie

#16 21 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

Starlight777
Starlight777

Yuuki Trinity

• Members
  • Location Philly derp.
More Valentine play.

http://www.youtube.c...=3&feature=plcp

#17 09 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

BURI
BURI

Crayon Tager

• Members
  • Location São Paulo
  • PSN:  Burian0
Some of the latest match videos had her Tag-in animation in it, and it's pretty awesome.

I'm wondering about it's properties. It looks invulnerable until Valentine attacks but I'm not sure how it really works.

Her tag-outs and tag-ins are awesomely showy for a ninja too.

#18 10 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

Starlight777
Starlight777

Yuuki Trinity

• Members
  • Location Philly derp.
You know it's kind of a shame that no one used her body bag grab in the FF footage. I wanted to see how it works.

#19 11 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Mr. Kimura
Mr. Kimura

Kagari is MAI waifu

• Members
  • Location here
  • XBL: Joe Shishigami
  • PSN:  Saikyo_Joe
I'm more interested in striped panty option selects. And spamming defibs would make me happy (like Battlefield 3 all over again!)
[2:39:05 PM] SpiritJuice: i wish i was an attractive girl with big breasts
[2:39:12 PM] SpiritJuice: i could just play LoL all day and live off of donations!

#20 29 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

NOT_PandaBeary
NOT_PandaBeary

New Blood

• Members
  • Location New York
  • XBL: Dr NoFriends
  • PSN:  PandaBeary
Beta gameplay and her level 3.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dbsGglaFNJA

also her grabs are rude as hell

Edited by NOT_PandaBeary, 30 January 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#21 29 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

Delrian
Delrian

The Discounted

• Members
  • Location MI
  • PSN:  Delrian_the_free

I love her level 3...
MLP | Toasty: I just saw a huge flash of light from the window
MLP | Toasty: maybe it's the world ending
MLP | Toasty: but idgaf becasue the internet is still up

#22 05 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

MARIN
MARIN

Rejection!

• Members
  • Location Netherlands
  • PSN:  Marin9892
Can anyone please give more information about her resuscitation super? Does it have a long start up? Is it a valuable tool or only a one-time gimmick? Cause if it's good, you can just pick Valentine second or third in your team, let your first character die and then resuscitate him right?
:RA::MU:
...and whoevers low tier

#23 06 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

BURI
BURI

Crayon Tager

• Members
  • Location São Paulo

Can anyone please give more information about her resuscitation super?

While I can't answer all of your questions, I know most of the info that's been around dustloop at least.

Does it have a long start up?

Most certainly no, Mike Z. has stated that it can actually be usable mid-combo, so it's nothing too slow. It's punishable afterwards though but only Valentine can be hit not the ress'ed character.

Is it a valuable tool or only a one-time gimmick?

Not sure about this but it's worth noting that the ressuscitation is an attack itself (the shock also hits the enemy) and it can be combo'ed afterwards. So if you manage to start a combo near a fallen partner and have 5 bars, it seems pretty damn viable.

It also looks sick to get an edge right before a time-out. That should award you a trophy or something.

Cause if it's good, you can just pick Valentine second or third in your team, let your first character die and then resuscitate him right?

You can but you'd better be meter efficient since meter doesn't grow on trees and saving up 5 bars will cripple your damage output. I think Peacock and Filia would be the worst at this because they like to hog meter so much. Parasoul and Painwheel seem to do well without spending a lot.

I also think Valentine's special moves make her a very decent tag character anyway.

Edited by BURI, 06 February 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#24 08 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

ShelledMenace
ShelledMenace

アニキ

• Members
  • Location San Jose, CA
  • XBL: ShelledMenace
  • PSN:  ShelledMenace
Gawrsh Valentine looks so sick lol.
:JI::ballAK:
:toot:

#25 09 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

LeFartknocker
LeFartknocker

The Sovereign

• Members
  • Location Long Island, NY
  • PSN:  r3kkuchi
Just had a thought earlier, if you pick her Shuriken throw as an assist, fill a syringe with poison, and tag her out, does it change the assist into the poison syringe?
Mains: :HZ: :VA:
Subs: :PT: :RE:

"Y U NO MASH DP?!"

#26 09 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

BURI
BURI

Crayon Tager

• Members
  • Location São Paulo

Just had a thought earlier, if you pick her Shuriken throw as an assist, fill a syringe with poison, and tag her out, does it change the assist into the poison syringe?

I asked it to Mike Z. in the Q&A thread some time ago. Yes it does, and it seems sick to use with the Hitstun poison.

Of course, it'll only work once. After that you'll have to tag her in and fill another syringe.

You can also do the opposite and let her assist fill the syringe, so that she can use it right away when turning into point character.

#27 10 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

LeFartknocker
LeFartknocker

The Sovereign

• Members
  • Location Long Island, NY
  • PSN:  r3kkuchi
Thats awesome to know, both are SO tempting, but you can't do much with Valentine loading poison as an assist except tag her in (or combo off of her flicking air bubbles, but that sounds like combo video stuff lol).

I could see Peacock getting mean, almost mahvel 50/50's with dat Syringe+Teleport. I need this game now, there's so much open ended creativity when it comes to team construction and synergy that I feel like people are just never gonna stop finding new tech...
Mains: :HZ: :VA:
Subs: :PT: :RE:

"Y U NO MASH DP?!"

#28 10 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

BURI
BURI

Crayon Tager

• Members
  • Location São Paulo

Thats awesome to know, both are SO tempting, but you can't do much with Valentine loading poison as an assist except tag her in (or combo off of her flicking air bubbles, but that sounds like combo video stuff lol).

I could see Peacock getting mean, almost mahvel 50/50's with dat Syringe+Teleport. I need this game now, there's so much open ended creativity when it comes to team construction and synergy that I feel like people are just never gonna stop finding new tech...

I agree, that custom assist system should become industry standard for assist games (and I bet it will).

BTW, Not only Valentine as an assist sounds awesome she looks awesome doing it too. That Smoke Bomb tag-out is probably the coolest effect in Skullgirls.

#29 18 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

Shiawase
Shiawase

Platinum Members

• Members
I have nothing useful to say but I absolutely love the visual and sound effects on her "Deadly Surgery!" super. So creative.

#30 20 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

Yggjrasil
Yggjrasil

FFXIV Fanatic

• Members
  • Location Soledad,CA (Central Coast)
  • PSN:  Swagna5B

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
This character is the greatest of them all. I love playing her~ <3 I just wish I knew what assists would help her out the most.
:PT::DS:(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻ 「MINUS」
GGAC: :SO::MA:
Avy by Chaoschao222

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users