Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osirun

PowerUp 2012 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season

The third annual PowerUp tournament is here! We promise improvements over last year's experience and even more good times. Save up your travel money and those sick days because from April 13 - 15 you should be no where else but at Arcade Legacy for PU2012.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Arcade Legacy

The Cincinnati Mall - 600 Cincinnati Mills Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45240

513-874-8766 (current #)

arcadelegacy@yahoo.com

DATE

April 13 - 15

REGISTRATION

Online Pre-Registration is live! It will end at 12:00am, April 9, 2012.

Pre-registration ensures that you are seeded away from others in your city, and that you do not have overlapping pools.*

For the most up to date PU2012 news please go to the PowerUp Facebook and Twitter pages.

Event Badge

$30 – PowerUp Online Store / By Phone (Call Arcade Legacy, ask for Jesse)

$40 – In-Person Emergency Registration

Spectator Badge

$15 – Online / In-Person / By Phone

To view the most up to date registration listing, please go to the PU2012 Online Registration Listings page when online registration becomes available.

KoA_Thumbnail.png

We haven't forgotten about GGAC, BBCS, MBCC, and AH3! What we're doing is having community run tournaments for these games on Friday and Sunday so that they can make use of our ample casuals space during non-pool play. King of Anime is being organized by Pope Temmy. The King of Anime schedule is embedded in the bottom portion of the PU2012 Schedule. Registration will be on-site only and only requires a Spectator Pass.

GAMES

SSFIV:AE ver. 2012 - $20 - Xbox 360

UMvC3 - $20 - Xbox 360

MK9 - $10 - PS3

SFxT - $10 - Xbox 360

SCV - $10 - PS3

T6 - $20 - PS3

KOFXIII - $10 - PS3

VS - $10 - Cabinet

ST - $20 - Cabinet

SG - $10 - Xbox 360

PAYOUT

We are changing things up a bit with our payout scale. Big thanks to Keits for the work he did on the UFGT7 payout scale because it is the basis for the PU2012 scale.

Click Here to view the Payout Scale

And for those coming in 1st Place, never fear! The PowerUp Bonus Structure is here! At the 50-entrant level we'll begin taking $2 out of each tournament entrant's venue fee and putting it toward bonus money for 1st Place in that specific tournament. At and above 50, multiply the total entrants by 2 to get the bonus amount.

SCHEDULE

The following schedule is subject to updates once our Exhibitions are finalized. This is only one of the improvements being made at PU2012; big thanks to Keits for his excellent scheduling example from UFGT7.

I encourage all PU2012 participants to print a copy of the schedule for their use at the event. A compressed version of the schedule will be printed on the back of all registrant nametags.

PU2012 Event Schedule

For Registration Policies, Exhibition info, Pool Assignments, Special Features, Food info, Hotel info, Stream info and the Rules please go to either the PowerUp Event Details page or the PU2012 SRK Thread.

Hello all,

I wanted to make the official PU2012 thread here on Dustloop and invite all of you out for our King of Anime special feature. Read the details above in the OP. Not to mention our awesome VS cabinet tournament and VS 8-on-8 exhibition being held Friday at 7pm.

While we will not be putting the King of Anime games on the official tournament list we also know it is important for these games to have a presence. It gives locals a chance for expanded competition and travelers have more reason to make the trek.

I hope that GGAC, BBCS and all the rest of our King of Anime games have a strong showing of support at PU2012! BBCS will be whatever the current version is over our event weekend.

Hello everyone, Pope Temmy here! So hype the post is up now! So let's get down to business!

This year even though we are one the side we are doing it big, with tournaments on all three days of the tournament. Friday and Sunday we will be in venue @ Arcade Legacy for all the listed tournaments above, but if you look below I'll be updating this space with Special Events that will either be run in venue at the Arcade or in my hotel room at the hotel. We will be recording as much as possible and giving anime as much love as possible.

SPECIAL EVENTS SECTION

Friday ~ It's Not Anime!? Project Justice Tournament

• Will be held @ Arcade Legacy on their arcade cab (For those who don't do American parts, we will have optional Dreamcast setup with two PS2 converters and JP sticks.
  • Rules TBA

Friday - Saturday ~ After Hours Showcase Suite

• Drop on by the King Of Anime staff room at the Hampton Inn for casuals that are recorded/live streamed after hours all weekend! Hopefully extended into Sunday night if I get the time off work.
    • Wiill feature at least 2 or 3 Setups, one each for all the KOA games with AH3 and BBCSEX on rotation on the PS3.
    • We'll try to cram as many people as we can for as long as we can before we all crash out!

I will be updating as soon as I have more details on special events and other things worked out. Clear out your calendars and come on out April 13. 14 and 15 2012! I promise you everyone involved in this will be working hard to make sure that everyone has the best possible time. Any questions PM me here or on Homing Cancel/SRK/Meltybread or get at me on twitter @PopeTemmy.

I don't have an excuse of not having a ride this year so expect me to be there! :D

Jais, alphakami, zinac, thatslymoogle, kyle, and myself should all be there for gg. it would be fun if we all pretended this game was hype again. I hope mr. Holland will join us.

Jais, alphakami, zinac, thatslymoogle, kyle, and myself should all be there for gg. it would be fun if we all pretended this game was hype again. I hope mr. Holland will join us.

GG will bring me and a few other Indianapolis guys down to play.

Mac has to come back!!! I missed him the last time he was in town because I had to work and I don't wanna miss him again!

Great news about GG, Ephraim!

@Matt Badlands: GG is hype, everyone has just forgotten.

I am extremely excited to finally announce that PowerUp is teaming with Focus Fire to provide our equipment for this year’s event. This is the last major upgrade to PU2012 that will address those four big issues we had last year:

Problem: It’s cramped in here!

Solution: Arcade Legacy is moving to a new , larger venue.

Problem: I had to wait forever for my pools!

Solution: Pool scheduling, pool assignments, and personalized pool schedule.

Problem: I wanted more food options!

Solution: The new Arcade Legacy is in a mall, right next to the food court and the movie theater.

Problem: The setups weren’t that good and there weren’t enough!

Solution: Focus Fire!!

Focus Fire has been developing a fine reputation with the fighting game community, and PU2012 aims only to further that goal while providing the absolute best we can for our attendees.

See you all at the event!

GG will bring me and a few other Indianapolis guys down to play.

Guess I'll be the only one from Indianapolis repping BB if I do manage to go hahahah.

I'm a bit disappointed that the alienation has officially been made and that "anime games" are now in their own league. Oh well, it's for the best I suppose.

Embrace the humor in the special feature title! It's only to grab attention, as all of the games in it would still be run as side events regardless. I found Pope Temmy's suggestion for the title to be very funny.

The last thing we are doing is alienating; we want BBCSEX, GGAC, AH3, MBCC and hopefully Skullgirls at PU2012 for people within the venue to see being played. Our intention is to also record all Winners, Losers and Grand Final sets at the very least and upload them right beside all other PU2012 videos. It may be true that these games do not enjoy very large turnout in our area, in general, but all of you can create the exception to the rule. There's nothing I would like to see more than 50+ man tournaments for each of these games; let's make it happen!

Noticed Dustloop gave us a sticky, folks that is how you know we are serious.

Moy_X7: Some of the traditional homes of anime give them their own space. Take NEC for example. Cramped room, but it doesn't stifle the hype at all. Just because we are our own thing on the side, doesn't mean we won't have matches that are twice has hype as any of the big games! Even if you are the only BB player from IN, be the one that wins it for IN!

I'd also like to remind everyone that depending on turnout and time, I wouldn't be opposed to running teams after singles if it is doable!

I will try to make it to this since I'm in Chicago. I have to get a car first or find some other means of reliable transportation even if it's to Greyhound it up there, lol. I'll probably be the only Illinois Rep for BB if I find a way there.

Always bring setups and ps2 sticks to any gg tournament. Better safe than sorry.

Off the top of my head i think there are at least 4 set ups for gg available within AL and its regulars. Will those set ups all be there and used for gg? I don't know. There is a definite shortage of sticks though.

We will most likely be able to provide all setups for King of Anime games, but I know that Pope Temmy is asking for donations here and there. Please get a hold of him to see if he needs anything in particular.

Glad to see some more people confirming here and there! I want to see some great stuff : )

Nathan, you just never know. With gg from here on it's really best to bring your own stuff. Since casual space for the weekend is a big question mark it also makes it possible to do casuals in the hotel if it comes to that. It's just a good idea any way you look at it.

The Vampire Savior 8-on-8 happening on April 13th at PowerUp 2012 is going to showcase every single character in the roster, and starting today we will be revealing each player participating in the exhibition. Look forward to a new reveal each week in the lead up to PowerUp 2012!

Korey Middleton

-(Rainbow Dash)-

Aulbath

Read more about Korey on the PowerUp website.