Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki vs Noel

Noel has a smaller hitbox than other characters so I don't think the 5BB - j.BB -j.C combo works on her.

Remember I told ya guys that 6A/6C beat her wakeup drive options? Well remember 6A can fatal now :toot:

Remember I told ya guys that 6A/6C beat her wakeup drive options? Well remember 6A can fatal now :toot:

If we time it right, we might be able to 5D through a 6A on our wake-up but someone will have to test that out that since I'm not sure. But yeah, 6C will beat that out for sure anyway.

Hm. I doubt it because 5D is only head and body invulnerable from 5f. Tsubaki's 6A still covers foot attribute.

Edit: I was mistaken about the throw combo I mentioned here earlier, but lemme not waste this post and give a little more insight.

Her 5D and 3C beats our 5C.

You can IB her assault through and punish with 5A > 5CC > stuff.

3C is harder to punish from max range I think too.

Yeah, Assault Through is -8, better than it was, but still punishable. Or since she's only invincible during the inital slide, throw her out of it when she goes to shoulder rush you.

Hm. I doubt it because 5D is only head and body invulnerable from 5f. Tsubaki's 6A still covers foot attribute.

Edit: I was mistaken about the throw combo I mentioned here earlier, but lemme not waste this post and give a little more insight.

Her 5D and 3C beats our 5C.

You can IB her assault through and punish with 5A > 5CC > stuff.

3C is harder to punish from max range I think too.

I've found 3C to be easier to punish since I'm not automatically pressing 5B like an idiot afterwards and my default punish nowadays is quick dash 5A.

22A used to be a good punish for 3c.. Def. not now.

If she leaves you high in the sky with an air string ending in whatever that move is called, take the time to get some charge. I've gotten as much as 2 charge uncontested from that. Of course, then they stop doing it.

What's a good option on a Noel who's spams 4d alot??

6C if they're spamming on wake-up in the corner. Dash-in 2A for pretty much every other situation or 3C if you're feeling ballsy (but you have to time it right).

With this matchup you just have to be a little wary about your pressure since Noel can bust out free with drives.

On Noel's wakeup you'll notice that players use 5A. When Noel uses 4D on her wakeup, the very short recovery on a 5A meaty should allow you to block the 4D and then punish accordingly. If Noel blocks the 5A on her wakeup, transition into pressure. Safe jump setups are also useful against Noel because of this very same thing. If she uses 4D you should be able to land and block it if you performed the setup correctly, otherwise she'll score a FC. Be careful with your followup options after 5CC. Noel players can react to that with 2D and get a full combo.

Be careful with jumping in on her because she can win with 4D.

Jump loop combos and the (5B/5C CH > ) 6CC > 214D combos doesn't work on Noel due to her small hitbox, unless you're using it in the corner.

On Noel's wakeup you'll notice that players use 5A. When Noel uses 4D on her wakeup, the very short recovery on a 5A meaty should allow you to block the 4D and then punish accordingly.

How do you punish a blocked 4D? Can't she just go 4D > 5C > stuff? Do you have to DP her out? That's kinda crap risk/reward if so. =/

Be careful with your followup options after 5CC. Noel players can react to that with 2D and get a full combo.

Though if they autopilot, you can call it out with 22C or uh... I guess you could do 5CC > 2C? If they're not too far away?

Be careful with jumping in on her because she can win with 4D.

Yes; Though the interesting thing about this is that if you're jumping at her when she's knocked down, you can time it so that you'll hit her between when 4D's invulnerability wears off and the active frames actually start. I don't have a way to do this reliably though. =/

Jump loop combos and the (5B/5C CH > ) 6CC > 214D combos doesn't work on Noel due to her small hitbox, unless you're using it in the corner.

I swear 6CC > 214D fails on more people than it works on. =/

I'll leave this here, courtesy of Errol:

"there's no real hit confirming here. it is an OS.

you input 5c>2c>6c

if 4d comes out, 5c whiffs, and you whiff cancel into 5cc (ch)(5d has a good chunk of vulnerability before active frames and the timing here works out) and 6c comes out.

if 2d comes out, 5c hits, and you do 2cc (because you input 2c and because you can't go from 2c to 6c so 2cc comes out).

In the corner, either of those lead to about 3.1k chargeless damage

if they mash jab or throw, then you should end up with a 5c>2c combo. hit confirming here might be nice.

Similarly if they block, 5c>2c will come out which you can jump cancel, or even sometimes just recover and mash 5a."

Remember that the 5C needs to hit meaty, you don't want it to whiff on it's own on Noel's wakeup.

She's annoying to pressure regardless, the fact that I have to treat a rushdown character like a grappler is obnoxious as all hell.