40 replies to this topic

#1 20 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

CopperDabbit
CopperDabbit

Corner Combo

• Members
  • Location Cali-forn-i-a
  • PSN:  C0pp3rDabb1t
Alright, got the go-ahead to write about double, so here's everything I remember. Just a note, if I put a * next to something, that means I'm not 100% and it needs to be re-checked. Also, when I say she "transforms into ____" I mean that she performs that same move as that characters does with the same button press.

Normals:

s.lp: transforms into Filia, does her s.lp.
s.mp: transforms into Peacock, does her s.mp.
s.hp: transforms into Cerebella, does her Titan Knuckle f+hp.
s.lk: transforms into Valentine, does her s.lk.
s.mk: transforms into Parasoul, does her s.mk. ---> chains into s.mk: transforms into filia.
s.hk: transform into Ms. Fortune.
cr.lp: transforms into Filia.
cr.mp: transforms into Cerebella.
cr.hp: transforms into Filia.
cr.lk: transforms into Painwheel.
cr.mk: transforms into Parasoul.
cr.hk: I don't remember. jmcrofts on SRK says it's Valentine's cr.hk.
j.lp: transforms into Ms. Fortune.
j.mp: transforms into Filia.
j.hp: transforms into Painwheel.*
j.lk: transforms into Parasoul*
j.mk: transforms into Valentine.
j.hk: transforms into Peacock.

Specials:

236lp: transforms into Parasoul, fires a shot directly ahead of her. Misses most/all characters crouching.
236mp: transforms into Parasoul, fires a shot diagonally downward. Can OTG.
236hp: transforms into Parasoul, fires a shot at the ground that bounces up. Good amount of hit-stun on airborne characters. Can follow up with an OTG combo.
623K: transforms into Cerebella and does a "butt-slam". Invincible on start up, can OTG combo after the HK version.
j.214lk: transforms into a teacup. Causes stagger on standing opponents, very little hit stun on air borne opponents. Hits mid.
j.214mk: transforms into a barrel. Knocks opponents down, can OTG after wards. Hits mid.
j.214hk: transforms into a refrigerator. Causes a ground bounce on air borne opponents. Hits mid.
B+lk+hk: transforms into Filia and slides along the ground. Small bounce on hit, can OTG. If used against a standing opponent, can OTG combo after.

Supers:

236pp: Transforms into a car, full projectile invincibility. Don't know if it's fully invincible, or just projectile.
236kk: summons a number of ms. fortune heads. Does good chip, you gain 1/3 meter while in this state. Light attacks have the heads attack forwards, medium causes them to go up-forward, heavy makes them go downward, if they're already in the air.
214pp: Her level 3 attack. A very short rushing attack. When it lands, a canned animation starts where the opponent is bounced around the screen. If an outside factor (like fortune heads) causes a hit to miss, the animation immediately ends.
214kk: Level 5. transforms into one of the Easter Island heads from Gradius. Tapping on a punch button while in this mode fires off rings that hit multiple times, and forces standing. The rings do the lowest damage. lk/mk* summons box car george, knocks opponents up into the air. hk summons 3 airplane bombs in a vague gradius formation. Knocks down on hit. Also does the best damage.

Combos:

This combo is confirmed to work against Cerebella in the corner. It's likely it won't work on some of the lighter characters.

s.lk > s.mk > s.mk > s.hk xx 236hp > s.lp > s.mp > s.mk > s.mk > s.hk > jc > j.mp > j.hp > (land) > cr.mp > s.hk > jc > j.lk > j.mk xx 214hk > (land) xx 236kk > st.hp.

The benefit of this combo is that it summons fortune heads and causes slide, which I believe the opponent can't tech roll from.

I also know it's possible to combo into Double's j.hk, cancel into barrel and link st.lp after, however I don't know the annotation for it.

Damn SRK grammar Nazi's.

Edited by CopperDabbit, 22 February 2012 - 01:00 AM.

"What kind of robot are you anyway?"
"I'm just a robot that wants to live in your underpants."

#2 20 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

<3thezmike
<3thezmike

Legit Member

• Members
So... how does double play? Like... what's her archetype, her general gameplan/strategy? Is she rushdown, does she want to knockdown her opponent or corner them, does she zone, does she wantr to keep them a certain distance from her etc.?

#3 20 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

CopperDabbit
CopperDabbit

Corner Combo

• Members
  • Location Cali-forn-i-a
Double can't zone at all. Her only long range projectile moves are the gunshot and frankly they're not very good, from what I could tell. They have their uses, but effectively zoning is definitely not one of them.

No, Double needs to be up in your face to be able to do anything worth talking about. I think that they way she's going to end up being played is closer to a rushdown, but will revolve around resets into fortune heads > more mix ups.

#4 21 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

SoWL
SoWL

Meteor Light

• Members
  • Location Sandwitched between Europe and Japan
  • PSN:  RailgunMagatsu

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
What about her tag-ins? How do they work? We still haven't seen them anywhere.

#5 21 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

CopperDabbit
CopperDabbit

Corner Combo

• Members
  • Location Cali-forn-i-a
Oh yeah, I totally forget about her tag-in and snap back! Thank you for the reminder!

Her tag in, she turns into a ball and flies across the screen at a downward angle, which hits once, and goes off screen.. Then she re-appears from the top of the screen and goes straight down, which hits again. Can perform an OTG combo afterwards, and it's entirely possible to cross somebody up with the 2nd hit of the tag in.

Her snap back is the start of Filia's metamorphosis super, then quickly changes into Cerebella and does the ram horns, from Cerebella's charge back > f+K~hk.

#6 21 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

TheRealBobMan
TheRealBobMan

Can't hold the excitement for Xrd

• Members
  • Location West of the Equator
  • PSN:  TheRealBobMan
"236pp: Transforms into a car, full projectile invincibility. Don't know if it's fully invincible, or just projectile."

I'm pretty sure Mike Z said that it was completely invincible in the videos on gametrailers, which it showed Ms. Fortune throwing out her super really late against it from mid screen and getting demolished anyway.

#7 21 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

Starlight777
Starlight777

Yuuki Trinity

• Members
  • Location Philly derp.
  • XBL: What Xbox?
  • PSN:  GarbageDay75
Sounds like Double's car super will be really good at punishing moves with long recovery from nearly any range.

Starlight is Star-Demon's evil twin brother, he feeds on your salty McFries.

BB Main: :PT: :TER:
Sub: :RE: :AZ:

#8 11 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

M19Kamikaze
M19Kamikaze

Lolis & Eyepatches

• Members
  • Location Phoenix, AZ
  • PSN:  M19KamiKaze/Lambda4B
Might as well call it, "Bionic Car." I'm also in love with her dash although it's not 100% perfect, it's got some lovely invincibility frames

Siiiiiiigh... here's hopin' for Shadow Labrys. Not Shadow Labrys but.. uh... (Shadow) Labrys? 

...dafuq, what's the proper way of IDing this girl?

#9 11 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Zeero
Zeero

lubby dubby dubby~

• Members
  • Location Toronto, Canada
is it just me or is her uppercut HK unpunishable? she flies pretty far away even on block? and if all else fails... super cancel into cat heads

#10 11 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

K-MAC
K-MAC

Legit Member

• Members
  • Location Winnipeg
  • XBL: AwstruckOstrich

is it just me or is her uppercut HK unpunishable? she flies pretty far away even on block? and if all else fails... super cancel into cat heads

If I recall correctly the hornet bomber HK is still punishable on block, it's recovery is pretty terrible, but cancelling it into cat heads would definitely make it safe.

What are some teams/assists/combos that you guys have been using with/for Double? Personally I'm trying out Peacock with Double's hornet bomber HK assist (incredibly good assist, you just have to cover it), while using Peacocks Bang, bang, bang! HP as a projectile for Double to get in/cross up the opponent. The only midscreen combo I could develop was this little number, probably not even close to optimized but it gets the creative juices flowing :P

cr.lk > s.mk > s.mk > s.hk > j.mp > j.hk > sj.mk > j.hp > 236.mk > BIONIC CAAAAR!

Remember to not cancel the j.mp into j.hk until a tad later than normal, and after the j.hk connects you will land, where you should superjump back up to meet them with j.mk and into the rest of the combo. It can be done reliably, not sure if the ground starter is the best, and the barrel's a little finicky, but it works. Please feel free to steer me in the right direction if this is a terrible combo, I need to level up in this game and how:sweatdrop:

Edited by K-MAC, 11 April 2012 - 02:46 PM.

Winnipeg's premier Winnipeg fighting game community!
http://www.chipdamage.com/

#11 11 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Urichinan
Urichinan

4B[m]

• Moderators
  • Twitter: Urichinan
  • Location Maryville, Tennessee
  • PSN:  Uri_WoZ
My current Double BnB is LP > MP > HK > j.LP > j.MP > j.HK > j.LK > j.MP > j.HK > j.HP > j.HK > j.MK > j.QCB+HK > Dash > LK > MK,MK > cr.HP > QCF+HP > Bionic Car.

:LI: Team DAI :KO:

:INO:  Twitter | AskYouTube  :RAM:

:ballYK: Kakuge Kings  :ballSLB:

#12 11 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

MK_Hitoshura
MK_Hitoshura

[VSM]

• Members
  • Location Long Island, NY
  • PSN:  Hitoshura89

My current Double BnB is LP > MP > HK > j.LP > j.MP > j.HK > j.LK > j.MP > j.HK > j.HP > j.HK > j.MK > j.QCB+HK > Dash > LK > MK,MK > cr.HP > QCF+HP > Bionic Car.

hmm.....were u get that combo from? :)

btw here is a combo thread I made on TYM.

Enjoy!

http://www.testyourm...o-thread.15859/
MK9
Main: Noob Saibot Sub: Raiden
BBCS:EX
Main::AR:
GGXXAC+
Main::ZA: Sub::TE:

#13 11 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Zeero
Zeero

lubby dubby dubby~

• Members
  • Location Toronto, Canada
I made this one up sitting in training mode last night

MK MK 4LK+HK MK (otg) (MK - screws up on some characters) HK jMP(5 or so hits?) jHP(3 hits) land jLP jMP(2 hits) jMK(1 hit) land LP LP MK MK 623HK bionic car

on Cerebella

MK MK HK 236HP dash LK (otg) MK MK HK ~

I think i can add another jump loop before the ground stand... will go back into the lab tonight if i have time

#14 11 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

Pestilence
Pestilence

APPLE 01 DOJ

• Members
  • XBL: APPLE 01 DOJ
downloading now. double is the character I'm most excited about.

so far going to use double & valentine.
I-No - Projek† Oblivion <----My combo video!

#15 11 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Osuna
Osuna

Deity

• Members
Can people start recording damage values? And the mutiplier too.

I see a lot of combos but I'm pretty sure some are better than others by a lot.
Pm me if you're in/near Battle ground or Vancouver WA. There has to be Someone...right?

#16 13 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Krackatoa
Krackatoa

Gold Member

• Members
  • Location Ottawa, Ontario
I can't read the damage, since the game's UI isn't really CRT friendly. Here's my BnB that works in pretty much every situation. I think the damage should be pretty good, since I try to sneak in all of the heavier stuff in the beginning. I have higher damage BnBs (Most of them involve obscene amounts of j.HK), but this one seems to be very timing, weight and spacing friendly. Works in the corner and at mid-screen. Tested on Parasoul and Peacock. Still need to test on Bella and Double. Edit: HP.Luger follow up doesn't work on Peacock.

Hit-confirm > s.HK > (late)sj9.HP, (late)j.HK _ j.MK xx Fridge > 66 cr.MK, s.HK sj9.MP, j.HP _ j.LK, j.HP _ s.MK, s.HK xx HP.Luger xx Catellite Lives/Bandwagon Rushdown

Things I'm still not certain about are how many relaunches can you fit in before IPS sets in, as squeezing in naked launchers should add to overall combo damage, and if it's worth extending the combo with an assist. You can also end s.MK midscreen into Nightmare Legion or change the s.HK xx Stuff ender into s.HP xx Stuff if you're in the corner.

Also, juggled HP.Luger keeps the opponent in hit-stun until they hit the ground. Working it mid-combo may allow you to fit together some pretty dense strings of high-damage normals, especially if you pair it with an assist.

Edit: Ew, just checked, multi-hit moves scale extra. Double's combos are going to scale pretty fiercely. It may be better to start combos with immediate j.MK into fridge after launch, as you can combo right into it from s.HK.

Edited by Krackatoa, 13 April 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#17 13 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Smilax
Smilax

Shyguy is my shit

• Members
  • Location ATL, GA ||| Mains .:. A.B.A. || Hazama/Arakune || Peacockl/Double
  • XBL: Smilix
  • PSN:  Smilaxx
I've just been using c.lk c.mk s.hk j.lp j.mp(cancelled after first hit) j.hp s.lp s.lp s.mp s.hk j.lk j.mk j.hk and it looks like you might be able to squeak in a sj. qcb lp or mp maybe it's around 4.x k damage (At work right now)
Skullgirls? Get at me
1st|atl revival 9th @ midwest championships & CEO

#18 13 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Fraga
Fraga

Magical Beard

• Members
  • Location Somewhere in the Woods
  • XBL: Razgriz Fraga
  • PSN:  RazgrizFraga
I've been grinding out some combos and here's what I have so far (They all have Oki possibilities afterward) (Tested with 2 Characters against 1)

Midscreen, Meterless 27 Hits, 4.7k Damage

J.HP s.LK s.MP s.HK (Jump) J.MP (3-4 hits) j.HP (Land) (Jump) J.LP j.MP (5-6 Hits) j.214HK (land) *Dash* s.LK s.MK-MK s.HK (Jump) J.MK-MK 214MK

Midscreen, Meterless [1 meter], 34 hits, 5.5k/5.7k/[6.3k/6.4k] Damage

J.HP s.LK s.MP s.HK (Jump) J.MP (3-4 hits) j.HP (Land) (Jump) J.LP j.MP (5-6 Hits) j.214HK (land) *Dash* s.LK s.MK-MK s.HP 623(LK in corner/HK midscreen) [236PP]

Midscreen, 3 Meter, 41 hits, 7.3k Damage

J.HP s.LK s.MP s.HK (Jump) J.MP (3-4 hits) j.HP (Land) (Jump) J.LP j.MP (5-6 Hits) j.214HK (land) *Dash* s.LK s.MK-MK 214PP *Dash for Oki*

Midscreen to Corner, 3 Meter, 46 hit Combo, 8k Damage

j.HP s.LK s.MP s.HK (Jump) j.MP j.HP (Land) (Jump) j.LP j.HP (land) s.JP s.MK-MK s.HK (Jump) j.LK j.MK-MK 214HK (Land) *Dash* s.LK s.MK 214PP

Anywhere, 3 Meter, 51 Hit, 8.8k Damage

j.HP s.LK s.MP s.HK (Jump) j.MP j.HP (Land) (Jump) j.LP j.HP (land) s.JP s.MK-MK s.HK (Jump) j.LK j.MK-MK 214HK (Land) *Dash* s.LK s.MK s.HP 623(LK for Corner/HK Midscreen) 214PP

Edited by Fraga, 13 April 2012 - 05:01 PM.

You have to know the Dark Arts of Bible Black to be able to play as Sacchin in Melty

Playing half the cast in a fighting game? That's Fraga mixup

#19 13 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

worldjem7
worldjem7

Seven World Jems

• Members
  • Location ON, Canada
  • PSN:  worldjem7
My Double BnB

j.HP(3) > MK MK > HK > j.LP MK HK > j.214MK > LK > MK MK > HK > j.LK(3) MK HK > j.214MK > LP > MK MK > HK > j.MP MK > j.214MK > 236PP

5,683 @ 100% damage
Builds meter in the combo for the super at the end
Works anywhere

If you omit the j.HP at the start it does 6,057 @ 100%

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tathRJqDqQU

Edited by worldjem7, 17 April 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#20 13 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

Alpha152
Alpha152

• Members

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Combo stuff

Worked off your combo a little.
Corner Combo(1.00 Damage Multiplier): s.LP > s.MK > s.MK > s.HK > j.HP(2 hits) > j.HK > sj.MK > Fridge > c.LK > c.MK > s.HK > j.MP > j.HP > j.LK > j.HP > s.MK > s.MK > s.HK > j.LP > j.MP > j.HP > s.LP > s.LP > c.MP > s.HP > 623HK (5.6k)

Edited by Alpha152, 16 April 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#21 14 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

KimiMKII
KimiMKII

New Blood

• Members
  • Location Maryland
  • XBL: KimiMKII
Found an about 60% combo for when you have Full Meter.

c.lk > s.mk > s.mk > s.hk > j.lk > j.mk (2 hits) > Fridge > Dash > c.lk > s.mk > s.hk > j.lk > j.mk (2 hits) > Fridge > Maoi (While still mid air) > Mash HK, MK, and MP :|
The dash can of course be ommited if they're in the corner. The mashing part, Im sure I could maximize the damage output on that by seeing exactly what needs to be pressed. Can't really see the data on the screen right now due to using old glasses, but Im picking up a new pair tomorrow so Ill write down the damage values and whatnot then.

Funny thing is, you can actually come out of it and re-do the entire loop.

Edited by KimiMKII, 14 April 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#22 15 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

Alpha152
Alpha152

• Members

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
I'm pretty sure any combo that involves Fride > dash is not valid because it is techable. It might actually combo and just have super tight timing but I can't tell with the lack of training mode options. Anyways, if your combo involves more than one ground bounce or there is a blue circle around the character when they hit the ground, that means it is roll techable and not a legit combo.

#23 15 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

KimiMKII
KimiMKII

New Blood

• Members
  • Location Maryland
  • XBL: KimiMKII

I'm pretty sure any combo that involves Fride > dash is not valid because it is techable. It might actually combo and just have super tight timing but I can't tell with the lack of training mode options. Anyways, if your combo involves more than one ground bounce or there is a blue circle around the character when they hit the ground, that means it is roll techable and not a legit combo.

Hmmm, I have to check again in the morning then, I don't recall a blue circle. Though I DO know that it has very strict timing.
All of that is void however as I just realized the IPS stops it at the second j.lk =_=
I really need these new glasses.

Back to the drawing board :U

#24 15 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

BeaM
BeaM

Mayday, mayday!

• Members
  • Location Van Nuys, CA (SoCal)
  • XBL: PK Elec
  • PSN:  ElecEXE/ HK_Karakusa
Gonna x-Copy the BnB I posted on SRK. I like this one a lot since it's easy easy on both light and heavy characters, with only minor timing differences between all of the weights. A nice bonus is that it does more damage the heavier they are, so Double takes a lot more than Peacock.

cr.lk cr.mp st.hk > delayed j.hp j.rh(2) v sj.mp > j.hp v j.lk j.hp v st.mp st.mk > j.lp j.hp j.rh(2) v sj.mk j.hp xx qcb+mk > cr.mk cr.hp xx dp+hk(xx super). Does ~5100 meterless, ~5700 for 1 bar.

vs. Double the j.rh hits all 3 times, the j.mp gets more hits, and the damage increases to 5600 meterless, 6200 with Psycho Crusher. If they're Cerebella or Double, you don't really have to do the first super jump if you don't want to, since they don't float like everyone else.
Let's play EXVS.

Why do people keep kicking me from lobbies

#25 15 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

PsychoShot
PsychoShot

So Obscure

• Members
  • Location STL
  • XBL: OHGODBEEEEEES
So, how's everyone playing Double right now? Rushdown? Zoning? I'm currently playing her kinda of like a ghetto Arakune where I'm jumping around and abusing her good normals and specials, and it's honestly working out great. :O
Touch my bone?

#26 15 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

LiamManTheAngry
LiamManTheAngry

Colonel

• Members
  • Location Ireland
  • PSN:  LiamManTheAngry
Was messing about in training and found this in the corner;
s.LK s.MK s.MK s.HK 236HP c.MK s.HK 236HP s.LP s.MK s.MK s.HK j.MP j.HP Land j.LP j.MP j.HK Land j.MK j.214HK 214PP

I don't really know about what the training dummy can/can't tech so maybe it's not legit xV
Did like 13.5k with solo Double.
Main: :NU:
Sub: :TER:

#27 16 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

Fraga
Fraga

Magical Beard

• Members
  • Location Somewhere in the Woods
  • XBL: Razgriz Fraga
  • PSN:  RazgrizFraga

I was at a recent casuals with a bunch of other Skullgirls players, I was hitting it fine on them and they weren't/couldn't tech. I used Solo Double in the beginning and was doing 80% combos with her. Later I did 2 characters (Valentine my 2nd) to combat a good Peacock player. But I say it's strict timing

You have to know the Dark Arts of Bible Black to be able to play as Sacchin in Melty

Playing half the cast in a fighting game? That's Fraga mixup

#28 16 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Krackatoa
Krackatoa

Gold Member

• Members
  • Location Ottawa, Ontario
Psst. Guys. I think you can relaunch Peacock after Fridge in the corner before she hits the ground, allowing you to string together multiple Fridges... unless I'm being silly.

#29 16 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Osuna
Osuna

Deity

• Members
If you can relaunch peacock that probably means you can relaunch fortune and painwheel. Mannn now I want to test it out.
Pm me if you're in/near Battle ground or Vancouver WA. There has to be Someone...right?

#30 16 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

MK Peanuts
MK Peanuts

New Blood

• Members

I tested this out with a second controller set to autofire MP and with the d-pad taped down, which made the second player tech at the earliest opportunity. I found it's still possible to combo after the fridge midscreen, but it's prohibitively difficult (at least for me). I've just started ending my combos with barrel > super instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users