How do you get out of a corner?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 10 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

SageVarq
SageVarq

New Blood

• Members
I consider myself pretty bad at fighters (probably because my first fighter was IaMP) and I don't know how okemi or whatever it's called works. If I try anything to get out of the corner after knock down, I usually get hit. How do you defend against blockstrings and when do you attack back? Do you just have to know the other character's blockstrings?

#2 10 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

CakeWasBannedd
CakeWasBannedd

bleh

• Members
  • Location fukuoka-ken japan
  • PSN:  Cakehh
yeah, knowing blockstrings is pretty important for poking out but that'll come with time. most of the time you shouldn't be attacking to get out of the corner. you should be blocking until there's an opening, then airdashing or dashing out.

#3 10 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

SageVarq
SageVarq

New Blood

• Members
The problem is that I get hit after I roll. Can you block instantly right after you roll, or is that there some vulnerable frames? It might because they're hitting me high, and I'm just not paying attention.

#4 10 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

toanenadiz
toanenadiz

Project Diva!!!

• Members

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
You should stop trying to roll out of the corner. It is unsafe. There is a time period during the roll when you can be hit before you get a chance to block. The exact frame stuff is here: http://www.dustloop....g.2F_Recovering

if you cant win a match by only hitting D then your journey is not yet complete

#5 10 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Manta
Manta

Ice Ice Tager

• Members
  • Location England, Milton Goddamn Keynes
  • PSN:  mantafirefly

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
neutral tech in the corner and block, if you think your opponent is taking liberties with you, then buffer a reversal of some kind as you tech.

#6 10 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

CakeWasBannedd
CakeWasBannedd

bleh

• Members
  • Location fukuoka-ken japan
  • PSN:  Cakehh

The problem is that I get hit after I roll. Can you block instantly right after you roll, or is that there some vulnerable frames? It might because they're hitting me high, and I'm just not paying attention.

no, rolls are pretty vulnerable and if you roll all the time every time this will happen to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCI_EukKp-o

if that's not a motivation to stop rolling then i don't know what is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users