Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

[$3 Venue] Rebel Up! - Season 2.4 - [FINAL EVENT OF THE SEASON] - @ 6/9/12 Super Arcade

Greetings BlazBlue (and Skullgirls) players, Xie's ranbat series is back! I've greatly altered the format to be more like a Japanese tournament, including prize support and how the format of the tournament works itself, but with some slight modifications to also make it more inviting to lower level players. This thread is still under construction, but I'll update with more info as I have time. If someone is interested in running another event (Guilty Gear perhaps), please contact me.

But never mind that, if you come to these tournaments, you are guaranteed to level up!

Time

Select Saturdays 1pm-9pm

BlazBlue Tournament Starts at 2pm

Skullgirls Tournament Starts at 6pm

System

BlazBlue: PS3

Skullgirls: PS3

Current Schedule:

2.3 - 5/26/12 <Special Event> - PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK.

2.4 - 6/9/12 <Special Event> - The Finale

Venue

Super Arcade

1211 N Grand Ave

Walnut, CA 91789

Entry Fee

$3 Venue Fee

+$5 BlazBlue Tournament Fee (5/26/12)

+$3 Skullgirls Tournament Fee

+$1 Melty Blood Tournament Fee

+$1 Special Event Fee

For the most part, the venue fee will always remain exactly the same, big shoutouts to Mike Watson for lowering it for us. The entry into the tournament will vary depending on the week, depending on the prize. For the first week, because I'm giving away a stick, the entry fee is slightly greater. On other weeks, it will be smaller, but the general range will be $2-5. However, any and all money will be used back on these tournaments in some way, whether it's buying prizes or buying arcade boards or whatever. You are not forced to enter the tournament in any way, but you MUST pay the venue fee if you touch any games. Otherwise, I will hunt your ass down.

Prize Support

6/9/12

BlazBlue

1st - Xbox 360 BlazBlue Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA

Winner can choose to make the tournament 70/20/10 as well, if they don't want the stick.

Skullgirls

1st/2nd/3rd - 70/20/10

Format

In thinking about how to create format that simulates the intensity of single elimination, but allows weaker players to also play against players of similar caliber.

Participation Rules

For each round of the tournament, I will print out a list of match-ups for the entire round. I will likely call it out on megaphone and then hand you and your opponent a single slip of paper. The winner and loser are to sign this paper then bring it up to me (or another TO) and I will record the winner.

Preliminary Bracket: Swiss

Character(s) Lock.

All players will play a selected opponent each round.

Only one person can get a bye (since everyone else is playing).

There is a predetermined number of rounds determined by the number of players.

Each game is 2 out of 3, ONE MATCH FOR BLAZBLUE, TWO OUT OF THREE FOR SKULLGIRLS.

The winner is awarded 1 tournament point (not rating related), the loser is awarded nothing.

Players are paired each round based on their current score. (Players with 1 point will play each other, and so on)

First round pairings are based on the Rating system. All other rounds are based on tournament score.

Final Bracket: Single Elim

After the predetermined number of rounds, the 8 players with the best score will be placed in a single elimination bracket.

There will be tie breakers if necessary.

The winner of the single elimination bracket is the winner of the tournament.

Each game is still 2 out of 3, ONE MATCH.

XIE Rating System:

As matches are played out in recordable fashion, it is possible to devise a system for rating players. As such, I will do so and record your strength and skill.

General Rules

Each win against an opponent within 2 ranks of yourself is worth 1 point. Each loss causes you to lose one point.

When faced against an opponent 2 ranks higher than yourself, you will not lose points if you lose. However, you will gain points if you win.

Furthermore, against an opponent 2 ranks lower than yourself, you will not gain points if you win. However, you will lose points if you lose.

Only tournament, Serious Eleven, and SRS matches will count toward your rating.

Player Score Rank

Rank 1 = 0 Points

Rank 2 = 1~2 Points

Rank 3 = 3~5 Points

Rank 4 = 6~8 Points

Rank 5 = 9+ Points

At 11 Points, you cannot gain points, but can only lose them. People losing to you will not lose points.

PSR Rating

The process behind PSR is still hidden. There is a formula and it will be popularized as soon as I figure out that it actually works, lol.

Serious Eleven (BlazBlue)

Serious Eleven battles will also take place after the main event. They are the NOT same ruleset, but check out the original thread here. Because there is a punishment game involved, the format has changed to FT6, instead of the usual Full 11 games.

4/28/12 Saturday (After Main Tournament)

Theme: Run it all back

JustJohn vs TheBiter

StayFree vs Bond

Brkrdv vs Donavan

Punishment Game

Anyone taking part in a Serious Eleven battle will subject themselves to a punishment game if they are the loser. For this season, you will be forced to eat something that is Questionable in front of the stream. There is absolutely no quarter in this regard. If you pay me a large sum of money, I may reconsider, but it will be Sizeable.

4/28/12: ???????????????

SRS (Standard Real Simulation) Matches (BlazBlue)

After the main event, players rank 3 or below are allowed to participate in 3 SRS matches with someone within your level range. They are a basic 2 out of 3 set, where the winner reports the total score to me. The only reason this exists is to give lower level players a chance to play someone at a equal or higher skill level with something minuscule on the line.

Special Events:

5/12/12 - 6PM - INVINCIBLE UNDEFEATED GOD OF RAGNA

This is a One Round, One Game, Single Elim, RAGNA ONLY tournament to discover who is the INVINCIBLE UNDEFEATED GOD OF RAGNA. The ruleset has an obvious reasoning, an INVINCIBLE UNDEFEATED GOD cannot lose even a single round! The INVINCIBLE UNDEFEATED GOD will receive a special Ragna trinket worthy of his or her godlike Ragna prowess. You can't afford to miss this event!

6/9/12 - 6PM - PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK

This is a Single Match, Single Elim, 2v2 Directed Random Team tournament. Each player placed into either the "HERO" or "ZAKO" side, then teams will be randomly assigned with one HERO and one ZAKO per team.

We will likely divide it exactly in half, using the current rankings as a guideline. If there is a severe mismatch, we'll figure something out, such as having myself play extra HERO or ZAKO characters.

During the tournament itself, the ZAKO from each team MUST go first. Then the ZAKO will face the HERO from the other side.

The winning team will advance. I'll come up with some kind of prize for the winner later.

BB Results:

1) XIE (Platinum)

2) TheBiter (Valkenhayn)

3) Bond (Ragna)

4) Brkrdv (Rachel)

7) Raptor (Noel)

7) JustJohn (Valkenhayn)

7) JamesX (Relius)

7) German (Jin)

1) XIE (Platinum)

2) Bond (Ragna)

3) Severin (Lambda)

4) StayFree (Bang)

7) TheBiter(Valkenhayn)

7) JasonD (Rachel)

7) Obaloney (Tager)

7) shtkn (Jin)

1) XIE (Platinum)

2) Plectrum (Tager)

3) Zong_1 (Arakune)

4) Bond (Ragna)

7) T-Loc (Tager)

7) Raptor (Noel)

7) Alpha (Noel)

7) Dsmoove12 (Noel)

Xie's Interesting Equilibrium (XIE): 5/18/12

Rank 1

Domethieus (Taokaka) 0 [Wins 2, Matches 5]

Wild Wallice (Jin) 0 [Wins 4, Matches 16]

Tshkn (Ragna) 0 [Wins 0, Matches 5]

Numakie (Taokaka) 0 [Wins 2, Matches 16]

Shazam (Hazama) 0 [Wins 0, Matches 6]

AcidAce (Hazama) 0 [Wins 5, Matches 11]

Stas (Ragna) 0 [Wins 0, Matches 6]

Omeithius (Makoto) 0 [Wins 1, Matches 6]

Guymam (Hazama) 0 [Wins 3, Matches 6]

Galsir (Hazama) 0 [Wins 0, Matches 5]

ShinAT (Hakumen) 0 [Wins 2, Matches 5]

Ehrik (Taokaka) 0 [Wins 1, Matches 5]

Rank 2

NeoZeroX (Rachel) 2 [Wins 9, Matches 17]

Noctivogant (Ragna) 2 [Wins 8, Matches 16]

JustJohn (Valk) 2 [Wins 4, Matches 6]

MyKey (Carl) 2 [Wins 4, Matches 6]

TheDon323 (Litchi) 2 [Wins 3, Matches 6]

Dsmoove12 (Noel) 2 [Wins 4, Matches 6]

T-Loc (Tager) 2 [Wins 4, Matches 6]

Kyoko-Chan Zack (Jin) 1 [Wins 2, Matches 11]

Odd03 (Taokaka) 1 [Wins 7, Matches 17]

German (Jin) 1 [Wins 4, Matches 6]

JasonD (Rachel) 1 [Wins 8, Matches 16]

Shtkn (Jin) 1 [Wins 10, Matches 18]

Sukurabu (Jin) 1 [Wins 5, Matches 11]

Obaloney (Tager) 1 [Wins 4, Matches 7]

BlueScreen (Platinum) 1 [Wins 1, Matches 5]

Rank 3

Bond (Ragna) 5 [Wins 15, Matches 23]

Severin (Lambda) 5 [Wins 7, Matches 9]

JamesX (Relius) 4 [Wins 7, Matches 10]

Zong_1 (Arakune) 4 [Wins 6, Matches 9]

StayFree (Bang) 3 [Wins 8, Matches 14]

Gato (Taokaka) 3 [Wins 9, Matches 18]

brkrdv (Arakune) 3 [Wins 7, Matches 12]

Raptor (Noel) 3 [Wins 7, Matches 12]

Brkrdave (Rache)l 3 [Wins 5, Matches 8]

TheBiter (Valk) 3 [Wins 11, Matches 18]

Alpha (Noel) 3 [Wins 5, Matches 7]

Rank 4

Plectrum (Tager) 7 [Wins 8, Matches 14]

Rank 5

Xie(Platinum) 10 [20 Wins, 22 Matches]

Player Score Rating (PSR):

Rank 3

Xie (Platinum) 460

Bond (Ragna) 424

Rank 2

TheBiter (Valk) 359

Shtkn (Jin) 318)

NeoZeroX (Rachel) 297

Gato (Taokaka) 297

Noctivogant (Ragna) 276

JasonD (Rachel) 276

StayFree (Bang) 274

Plectrum (Tager) 274

Odd03 (Taokaka) 257

brkrdv (Arakune) 252

Raptor (Noel) 252

JamesX (Relius) 250

Severin (Lambda) 249

AcidAce (Hazama) 231

Zong_1 (Arakune) 229

Brkrdave (Rachel) 208

Alpha (Noel) 207

Rank 1

Sukurabu (Jin) 191

Wild Wallice (Jin) 176

Obaloney (Tager) 167

German (Jin) 166

JustJohn (Valk) 166

MyKey (Carl) 166

Dsmoove12 (Noel) 166

T-Loc (Tager) 166

TheDon323 (Litchi) 126

Guymam (Hazama) 126

Numakie (Taokaka) 96

Kyoko-Chan Zack (Jin) 91

Domethieus (Taokaka) 85

ShinAT (Hakumen) 85

Omeithius (Makoto) 46

BlueScreen (Platinum) 45

Ehrik (Taokaka) 45

Shazam (Hazama) 6

Stas (Ragna) 6

Tshkn (Ragna) 5

Galsir (Hazama) 5

I'll be there as long as nothing comes up.

Do we need to bring our own controller? If we do will there be 360 and PS3 setup's? I only have a 360 stick so I'll have to rock a pad if its PS3 only.

Is there enough console's and monitor's? I can bring a PS3 and 360 if needed but I only have a copy of the game for 360 ATM.

If we do will there be 360 and PS3 setup's? I only have a 360 stick so I'll have to rock a pad if its PS3 only.

It's usually always PS3 and BYOC, but I'm sure people would be more than happy to let you borrow a stick for your matches. Or you could give em money. Or bop em and take it.

Also I'm scared of the punishment game now because Tales of Graces f said Natto is gross. :<

Also Tales is the only reason I know what Natto is

I'll try going to these. Not sure if I can make it to the first one, but I'll try. And a side GG tourney would be nice if possible.

It's definitely still going down.

As for Guilty Gear, I honestly don't have the capacity to bring equipment for and run a tournament with the amount of other responsibilities I currently have with just this event. If you guys want to see it, you guys need to make it happen.

The day is tomorrow. Be prepared to face off.

I on the other hand, need to get some printer ink for the event.

You going to run more of these throughout the summer by any chance? pretty please?

Sorry guys, I just got the bad news from Super Arcade:

hey james, valle told me on dustloop there was gonna be a tourney here tomorrow? we never finalized anything and we are running our sfxt and ST evo quals tomorrow. need to figure out this thing asap cause im in the dark about it atm. we have st 1pm, and 5pm. we have sfxt 5pm and 8pm.

So... it's clearly not happening tomorrow. If you see this thread, call everyone you know and tell them DO NOT GO TO SUPER ARCADE TODAY. I mean EVERYONE. If a single person shows up, it's gonna be bad times for them, cause I know Super Arcade isn't the closest venue for everyone and it's more or less no go on our end. I don't want to have anyone get caught in the bomb blast drive out an hour+ to not be able to play BlazBlue or Guilty Gear. So be a bro, call everyone up.

I'm really sorry this stuff happened. I'll work harder to make sure that the venue we're at is with us 100% next time around.

damn, that sucks...

something tells me dave will be the only one waiting outside. :v:

Wow that really sucks :( How about hosting it at FFA next time?

I for one prefer super. better atmosphere, better restaurants, better distance.