#1 21 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York
  • PSN:  Tenryuga
Attached File  strategy.jpg   24.49KB   170 downloads

I felt like starting this up because its been a while since anyone has put anything up for Filia. Heres some stuff to start:

- Filia seems to be best on point because of her abillity to harass the opponent with mixups/ combo resets and gain meter.

-Filia's synergy with Cerebella is SICK. Cerebella's cerecopter assist can serve as a lockdown move if they block it and allow Filia to continue pressure. Does anyone know if it's possible to attempt to mixup the opponent if they block it?

-After Filia's DP super, DHCing into Cerebella's twirly arms super (idk what its called lol) is possible, and Cerebella can even combo after it!

Question:

In a team of Filia/Cerebella/Parasoul what assist would you guys suggest for Filia and Parasoul based on your current knowledge and what you've seen on stream?

Edited by YuYu, 31 July 2012 - 04:08 AM.

#2 28 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York
-Filia she seems bad at dealing with pressure but Parasoul's napalm pillar assist looks good as a anti air and a reversal, and sets Filia up to go on the offense, so I'd use it.

Also, shout-outs to Severin for using the team I plan on using. People who want to see most of what posted thus far in action should check out vids of his matches; if they haven't already.

Edited by Sorefuji, 05 April 2012 - 01:28 AM.

#3 29 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

BURI
BURI

Crayon Tager

• Members
  • Location São Paulo
  • PSN:  Burian0

-After Filia's DP super, DHCing into Cerebella's twirly arms super (idk what its called lol) is possible, and Cerebella can even combo after it!

I also like Cerebella's command throw assist, you can combo Filia's DP super from it if it connects, and a medium-ranged throw is also good for mix-ups with Filia.

Question:

In a team of Filia/Cerebella/Parasoul what assist would you guys suggest for Filia and Parasoul based on your current knowledge and what you've seen on stream?

Not sure about Parasoul, but I'd try her napalm shot and Egret Bike assists to cover for the lack of good ranged options, and they're both tricky enough to open some mix-up possibilities (Egret Bike comes really slow and might grab the opponent even if point character is hit before it, and Napalm Shot leaves a tear behind)

For Fillia my favorite assist is her DP all day everyday.

#4 31 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York

I also like Cerebella's command throw assist, you can combo Filia's DP super from it if it connects, and a medium-ranged throw is also good for mix-ups with Filia.

Not sure about Parasoul, but I'd try her napalm shot and Egret Bike assists to cover for the lack of good ranged options, and they're both tricky enough to open some mix-up possibilities (Egret Bike comes really slow and might grab the opponent even if point character is hit before it, and Napalm Shot leaves a tear behind)

For Fillia my favorite assist is her DP all day everyday.

Thanks for the suggestions. When you say Cerebella's command throw which are you refering to? I'm guessing her Merry-Go-Rilla throw?

#5 05 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

BURI
BURI

Crayon Tager

• Members
  • Location São Paulo

Thanks for the suggestions. When you say Cerebella's command throw which are you refering to? I'm guessing her Merry-Go-Rilla throw?

Sorry for taking so long to answer, completely forgot about the Characters' Sub-section!

Yes, I mean the Merry-Go-Rilla indeed. I like the anti-air one a lot too, but I don't think Filia would benefit much from it.

#6 05 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Urichinan
Urichinan

4B[m]

• Moderators
  • Twitter: Urichinan
  • Location Maryville, Tennessee
  • PSN:  Uri_WoZ
Filia benefits from Diamond Drop the most, because you can't tick throw using Merry-Go-Rilla because it whiffs at close range. So trying to push them back far enough to get it to land would only be possible by using her gatlings into moves with larger hit/block stun, meaning they wouldn't get thrown.

:LI: Team DAI

:AN: Twitter | YouTube

:ballSLB: Kusoge Kings

#7 05 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

BURI
BURI

Crayon Tager

• Members
  • Location São Paulo

Filia benefits from Diamond Drop the most, because you can't tick throw using Merry-Go-Rilla because it whiffs at close range. So trying to push them back far enough to get it to land would only be possible by using her gatlings into moves with larger hit/block stun, meaning they wouldn't get thrown.

Uhh, you're right. Diamond Drop is the one where she tosses the enemy upwards. My mistake with the names.

#8 05 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Urichinan
Urichinan

4B[m]

• Moderators

Uhh, you're right. Diamond Drop is the one where she tosses the enemy upwards. My mistake with the names.

It's cool. Merry-Go-Rilla does have good uses though, since Filia is a rushdown character with pretty small range, pushblocking is can be strong against her when timed right. Merry-Go-Rillia is quite nice for catching people as they try to push themselves out of range. Although it won't grab them out of blockstun, it can still throw them when timed correctly.

An easy way to test this would be to set the dummy on pushblock, and then see which pressure strings would guarantee them to be pushed to the correct range. Since getting hit during pushblock cancels the push, something like cr.LP > st.LK would probably be able to cancel the pushblock, then calling the assist and finishing with something that has just the right amount of pushback/hitstun might work to get them grabbed. However, there might be ways around that, like jumping, or not pushblocking.

#9 09 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York

Since getting hit during pushblock cancels the push, something like cr.LP > st.LK would probably be able to cancel the pushblock, then calling the assist and finishing with something that has just the right amount of pushback/hitstun might work to get them grabbed. However, there might be ways around that, like jumping, or not pushblocking.

I believe some of her more notable normals are J.HP and c.MK. The former has good horizontal range so its great to pursue somebody after they push-block, and the latter brings the opponent closer to you. If someone is running the Merry-Go-Rilla grab, they could use J.HP if they are anticipating a jump to avoid Cerebella's grab.

What do you think are some good normals to use for pressure and cross-ups?

#10 09 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Urichinan
Urichinan

4B[m]

• Moderators

I believe some of her more notable normals are J.HP and c.MK. The former has good horizontal range so its great to pursue somebody after they push-block, and the latter brings the opponent closer to you. If someone is running the Merry-Go-Rilla grab, they could use J.HP if they are anticipating a jump to avoid Cerebella's grab.

What do you think are some good normals to use for pressure and cross-ups?

j.LK, j.MP, j.HP and j.HK are useful air normals. j.LK is quick and covers a decent amount of range. j.MP hits multiple times, negating pushblock, I also believe it hits behind her, but I'm not 100% sure on that. j.HP has huge range and j.HK has a large hitbox beneath Filia, making it easy to cross-up with.

On the ground, LP, LK, cr.LP, cr.LK, MK and cr.MK are all good pressure tools when combined with assists. Since none of them are jump cancelable, you're stuck on the ground, but with the right assist, you can use these to help create pressure and mixups. cr.MK is especially good because it hits multiple times and pulls the opponent in on hit or block.

Since there isn't any way to test these kinds of things until tomorrow, there's no telling what could really end up being good or useful, however, from footage we've seen so far, these are the impressions I get.

#11 11 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York
Is there some kind of trick to instant air dashing? I double tap forward as soon as i jump but the dash comes out as late as possible.

#12 11 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York
Disregard my question; I was able to pull it off by using two punches instead of double tapping.

#13 11 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

snipingsnipe
snipingsnipe

VAHPAH THURUST

• Members
  • XBL: snipingsnipe
  • PSN:  Sloth2000
Cerebella's cerecopter assist is AMAZING for mixups. You can do several things but Ill just list what Ive got.
(If the move hits them then just do j.mp to keep her from knocking them too far away. If you do the j.mp itll keep them near you so you can combo off of it.)
Now if they do block it, heres where the fun mixups come in.
From here you can do about 4 things
1) Do j.mp, you can then cancel that j.mp into a delayed j.lk into j.hk to start a combo
2) Do j.mp, you can then cancel that j.mp into an empty air dash. As soon as you land do a low, such as cr.lk on the ground. This works so much from my experience.
3) Do an empty jump into a low. Basically an easier version of the previous mixup. Still works wonders though.
4) Do a walk up delayed grab, its very reminiscent of Sol's command grab setups off of his FRC'd gunflame.
Ive been using these in matches frequently, and if you keep it fresh it makes you VERY hard to read. Post more if anybody finds better things to do with it :3

Edited by snipingsnipe, 11 April 2012 - 11:45 PM.

BBCS
Main: :PT:
Sub: ?:MK:?

GGXXAC
Main: :KY:
Sub: :MI:

#14 11 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York

Cerebella's cerecopter assist is AMAZING for mixups. You can do several things but Ill just list what Ive got.
(If the move hits them then just do j.mp to keep her from knocking them too far away. If you do the j.mp itll keep them near you so you can combo off of it.)
Now if they dont block it, heres where the fun mixups come in.
From here you can do about 4 things
1) Do j.mp, you can then cancel that j.mp into a delayed j.lk into j.hk to start a combo
2) Do j.mp, you can then cancel that j.mp into an empty air dash. As soon as you land do a low, such as cr.lk on the ground. This works so much from my experience.
3) Do an empty jump into a low. Basically an easier version of the previous mixup. Still works wonders though.
4) Do a walk up delayed grab, its very reminiscent of Sol's command grab setups off of his FRC'd gunflame.
Ive been using these in matches frequently, and if you keep it fresh it makes you VERY hard to read. Post more if anybody finds better things to do with it :3

Some of the stuff you listed can be done if they block it as well. If it hits it can be used as a hit confirm into a launcher. You can also use cr.mk. To bring the opponent closer to you in addition to j.mp. This is a great list; I'm going to apply some of this soon. :)

#15 11 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

snipingsnipe
snipingsnipe

VAHPAH THURUST

• Members

Some of the stuff you listed can be done if they block it as well. If it hits it can be used as a hit confirm into a launcher. You can also use cr.mk. To bring the opponent closer to you in addition to j.mp. This is a great list; I'm going to apply some of this soon. :)

Just edited it lol. All those were supposed to be things you do in their block.
BBCS

GGXXAC

#16 12 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

MashThat5A
MashThat5A

Game is hard

• Members
  • Location NYC
  • PSN:  godoftennis101
Is it just me, or is Filia solo really weak? Especially against Peacock. ;-;

:RG:RIP Ragna 2011-2013 :RG:

:TA:RIP Taokaka 2010-2014 :TA:
:KO: @MashThat5A  :KO:

#17 12 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

snipingsnipe
snipingsnipe

VAHPAH THURUST

• Members

Without a doubt. She needs some kinda of meaty, otherwise her mixup potential is cut in half.
BBCS

GGXXAC

#18 12 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York

I haven't faced a good peacock yet. Whenever I see one I dominate the entire match with rushdown, but Filia really does benefit more from being on a team than being solo more so than other characters IMO. I also think she is weak damage wise because i have not seen anything do notable damage unless it starts with J.HP > J.HK. Those two hits alone do almost as much as any meterless bnb I came up with, but that may just be me needing to step my game up. :P

#19 12 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

snipingsnipe
snipingsnipe

VAHPAH THURUST

• Members
I noticed that too actually, its really disheartening. I keep having tendencies to switch her out for someone else for that reason :X
BBCS

GGXXAC

#20 12 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Callisto
Callisto

Hype Dog's Leash

• Members
  • Location Chicago NW Suburbs
  • XBL: BG Callisto
  • PSN:  Nalso
Anyone have order/assist ideas for Filia + Valentine?

#21 13 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York

Definitely have Filia first. This is just my opinion but I consider Filia's rushdown to be better than Valentine's. Valentine is a better spender of meter to me so I'd have her as anchor so she can use her level 3 or whatever combos lead into her using 2 supers in a row. You can even use her level 5 revive if you feel like it, but I wouldn't lol. For assists I suggest a damaging one to help with Filia's somewhat mediocre damage, so go with dead cross.

#22 15 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York

Lol it's me again. Something that might work much better than Valentine's dead cross is her grab. Valentine's grab leads to a free combo and assists in Filias great mixup game. I definitely recommend that over dead cross.

#23 16 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

Luigi-Bo 87
Luigi-Bo 87

http://snd.sc/IxXpGO

• Members
  • Location Peoria, IL
  • PSN:  Luigi-Bo87
I use Fillia/Valentine myself. I use Fillia's HK hairball assist and Valentine's M Savage Bypass assist. They both help control ground space and set up shenanigans on block and if they hit I can do combos. I mainly use the hairball to buy me time to set up a poison dart.

But anyway, you can OTG after her DP super in the corner but is is a legit OTG? I can't really tell
Your mother's favorite!

My Soundcloud

#24 19 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Brandinoli
Brandinoli

Add HOS-Ko to Xrd

• Members
  • Twitter: @BrandinoGG
  • Location Toledo, OH
  • PSN:  Brandinoli

I use Fillia/Valentine myself. I use Fillia's HK hairball assist and Valentine's M Savage Bypass assist. They both help control ground space and set up shenanigans on block and if they hit I can do combos. I mainly use the hairball to buy me time to set up a poison dart.

But anyway, you can OTG after her DP super in the corner but is is a legit OTG? I can't really tell

Assuming you haven't used your OTG already then it's legit, hoever you can really only combo off of it in the corner

#25 26 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

ROBIN R RAMIREZ
ROBIN R RAMIREZ

New Blood

• Members
  • XBL: ROBIN R RAMIREZ
Filia/Cerebella Synergy is too sick.

Cerecopter assist to lock them down and push them in the corner.

Ultimate Showstopper DHC into Fenrir Drive

Fenrir Drive DHC into Diamonds are Forever

And HP Updo is a really great assist for Cerebella to control space and push people in the corner.

If HP Updo hits close, Dash OTG cr.LK into whatever
If HP Updo hits high and far, Titan Knuckle

If HP Updo gets blocked, Excellebella OS Supercancel into Ultimate Showstopper; If they jump they get grabbed, if they don't jump they get grabbed :D

#26 02 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

WayINside
WayINside

Silver Member

• Members
  • PSN:  Gefen
I try to run tri team. Actually, I even more into a Filia based team, aka I don't care at all how the other characters synchronized with themselves, just how they gonna benefit Filia. I'm positive on Filia/?/Bela team, with that copter thing on Bela, but I have no idea which more assist to take, one which will really give the edge from just duet team of Filia/Bela. My first instinct was to add some kind of beam assist, then I found out there's no such assist in the game, so i though about Val's berserker slash (when she dash the screen and cut), but is there any better ideas for that matter?

p.s I prefer to refrain from double's overused assist, since it's overused plus I heard some rumors it's gonna patched soon.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

#27 04 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

EmptySkyForm
EmptySkyForm

Silver Member

• Members
  • XBL: AncientMech
I've been testing out Filia/Double and have some nice results. Hornet Bomber allows her to close in on her opponents and apply pressure to them. Also a great way for dealing with pressure. Also, Filia's Hairball HK assist works well with Double since I can dash behind them to cross up.
"And the finale, feel the pain" -Relius
"You would dare oppose the church?" -Double

#28 04 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Sorefuji
Sorefuji

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Location New York

I try to run tri team. Actually, I even more into a Filia based team, aka I don't care at all how the other characters synchronized with themselves, just how they gonna benefit Filia. I'm positive on Filia/?/Bela team, with that copter thing on Bela, but I have no idea which more assist to take, one which will really give the edge from just duet team of Filia/Bela. My first instinct was to add some kind of beam assist, then I found out there's no such assist in the game, so i though about Val's berserker slash (when she dash the screen and cut), but is there any better ideas for that matter?

p.s I prefer to refrain from double's overused assist, since it's overused plus I heard some rumors it's gonna patched soon.

you might want to use a character with projectiles on your team. speaking from experience, I have a REALLY hard time getting in on Peacock / Double hornet bomber teams. To Illustrate, I was tied with a guy 3 -3. The moment he switched from peacock / parasoul to peacock/ double/ parasoul there was no contest. He destroyed me. A character with projectiles might help you get in on those kinds of teams. If you are confident in your ability to get in, I'd use parasoul napalm pillar assist. If it hits, filia can do some combos off it.

#29 06 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

WayINside
WayINside

Silver Member

• Members
  • PSN:  Gefen
I'm not quite satisfied with Parasoul shot assist, just wondering if there's any obvious assists i'm missing.
Surprisingly all of peacock's assists are pretty lame...
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.

#30 06 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Brandinoli
Brandinoli

Add HOS-Ko to Xrd

• Members
  • Twitter: @BrandinoGG
  • Location Toledo, OH
  • PSN:  Brandinoli
Well with Parasoul you're better off with Napalm Pillar assist if you're going to play Parasoul as an assist. I haven't seen much of Napalm shot in general as an assit, but I could see it working on zoning based teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users