Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milln

June 22-24th EVO SERIES MWC 2012. SF4AE2012/UMVC3/KOF13/SC5/BBCEX/MORE!

mwclogo1920x1080300dpi.jpg

CLICK ON THE LOGO for the main calendar post on SRK & discussion, more rules, hitbox conversation, and everything else!

Twitter for info on not just this tournament but for:

Upcoming tournaments: DreamTR - @Game_Galaxy

Lots of music posts, and FGC comments: Le Justice Noir- @NegroJustice

Mortal Kombat: GoldenOreos- @CMK_GoldenOreos

General Ramblings, FGC, and Upcoming Tournaments: Milln- @DPonWakeup

For the lazy

In its 19th year, MWC 2012 is bigger and better than ever! Part of the EVO series for a 4th year!

Costs:

$25 cover charge for your first tournament. $10 per tournament entry fee EXCEPT for Super Turbo which is $20 to enter.

Your tournament crew:

Jason "DreamTR" Wilson

Richard "SlowJamzMixTape" Smith

Chris "Negro Justice" Brown

Brandon "GoldenOreos" Brocius

Jonathan "Milln" Conaway

Your tournament security

"Beat-em-up" (6'2, 400 pounds)

Game Galaxy (actual tournaments will be held in a location nearby)

Hickory Hollow Mall

5252 Hickory Hollow Parkway

Antioch, TN 37013

(615) 731-1500

Rules: Please note the ONLY items allowed for use in the tournament are unmodified pads and standard joysticks. The MK2 and UMK3 and ST arcade tournaments will only be played on the standard arcade equipment. We also are alllowing NO sticks that use only "buttons" for movement (this is pending UNLESS we get one of these to try out soon from someone). Turbo is not allowed in any tournament. If you have a question about a specific stick/pad to use, please contact us.

You must be on time. If you are not on time and REGISTERED before each tournament and want to enter late you will be charged an additional $10 IF we have room to place you in the bracket. Arriving late? Have friends SIGN YOU UP and PAY FOR YOUR ENTRY FEES/COVER CHARGES.

70-20-10 split for Top 3 spots in all games EXCEPT Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Mortal Kombat 2, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

Special RULES for Super Turbo ONLY:

Rules: 3/5 throughout the tournament, 4/7 grand finals, double elimination.

Format: Japanese cabinet

US board: on Free Select speed in service menu, players must pick Turbo 2 in-game every single match.

Payout: 65% (1st) 10% (2nd) 5% (3rd) and 20% is set aside for the EVO Main Event pot.

Winner is rewarded with one of 32 slots in the EVO Tournament of Legends, taking place the weekend of July 7, fighting for a pot of ~$3,000.

Important NOTE: If 1st place has previously been awarded a qualifier spot, 2nd place will get the EVO spot (but NOT the 1st-place prize money, which stays with the winner).

Schedule:

Friday June 22, 2012

11am-Signups

12pm-Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3)

3pm-King of Fighters XIII (360)

3pm- Arcade Mortal Kombat 2 (Limited to 1st 16 entrants, winner take all)

5pm-Arcade Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Limited to 1st 16 entrants, winner take all)

7pm-Arcade Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Special EVO Top 32 Qualifier only!)

Saturday June 23, 2012

11am-Signups

12pm-Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v 2012 (360)

3pm-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)

6pm (Street Fighter X Tekken) (360)

Sunday June 24, 2012

12pm-Signups

1pm- Soul Calibur V (360)

3pm- Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (360)

4pm- 4pm-Skullgirls (XBOX 360) $200 POT BONUS + 1 OF A KIND FOEHAMMER CUSTOM MWC STICK TO WINNER!

5pm- Samurai Kirby (SNES)

MORE TOURNAMENTS TBA on SUNDAY

Main Events:

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v 2012

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

King of Fighters XIII

Street Fighter X Tekken

Soul Calibur V

Mortal Kombat 9

DAT HYPE

I'll be showing up for KoF, Samurai Kirby, and BBCSEX for sure. May compete in Mahvel, too. Y'all better be here.

*Stares at Lumin*

Dis nigga.

Considering meh crew and I are kinda bailing on ECT due to money issues, this is looking possible.

Dis nigga.

Considering meh crew and I are kinda bailing on ECT due to money issues, this is looking possible.

Whoa, seriously? Axis and Lumin, my two favorite non-Tennessee Dustloop people? That'd be awesome.

Dis nigga.

Dude, get over here, and bring a portable grill.

I added Skullgirls_logo.jpg to the quoted tournament listing.

Of note is the TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR POT BONUS

and the CUSTOM STICK BY FOEHAMMER.

PLAY SKULLGIRLS.

This time, I'll be claiming more than just your hat/hammer/fryingpan/whateverdafuk in Samurai Kirby. I'm gonna be claiming your, uh, Skull... female.. thing!! In Skullgirls.

(Disclaimer: may not actually win Skullgirls)

so in a week I'm driving to CEO, following week driving to MWC, week after that traveling to a new york convention, week after that traveling to EVO.... this shit's gonna kill me lol

so in a week I'm driving to CEO, following week driving to MWC, week after that traveling to a new york convention, week after that traveling to EVO.... this shit's gonna kill me lol

If you place at every single one, I need a shoutout.

Holy crap, you guys.

It's tomorrow.

Well, KOF is, anyway. BlazBlue is on Sunday, champs. I am very excited!

Shout outs to Catbutt, the best darn cat in the world.

Shout outs to seal pillows, that should never be clubbed.

Shout outs to MWC and everyone who made it possible, seriously.

Special shout outs to Milln, making it possible for me to join in all the fun and enjoy the great tournament. I love you man, even if you take my money in Suguri <3

Shout outs to Papstr bodying almost everyone in the true test of skill that is Samurai Kirby, and then losing in everything else. MAYBE IF YOU'D PRACTICE YOU'D YOU KNOW, WIN SOME TOURNAMENTS.

Shout outs to Kain being cool and playing Gear and Suguri like everyone should, you sir deserve more love.

Shout outs to Jackie being as smooth as silk and running into a handicapped parking sign, only a day after Milln honked at a handicapped person. We're good people. Also, <3 Jackie, good games in Gear. With your yomi, you can go far.

Shout outs to the Soul Calibur player we crashed with who I can't spell the name of, and House. It was cool meeting you guys, and I don't play SC5 so I didn't go out of my way to watch that, but House, you seemed like a really legit Blanka. And it was fun playing Mario Party and Munchkin with you.

Shout outs to Blade(?) or Zeta (name please duder) the May player who came to MWC to play Gear as I recall, and went around even with me. HOW DO I FIGHT MAY?

Shout outs to random dudes who I don't know the names of trying Guilty Gear and pushing buttons, you know you liked it.

Shout outs to Dirty La Bamba, your MF is still very consistently better than mine, but you should totally reset when you do standing jabs in your fancy nomnomnom combo sometime, if Double+Peacock hasn't trolled you out of the game. And I'm really hyped to see what you can do with those fundamentals when GG comes out on PSN and XBL.

Shout outs to crashing and playin' games with Star, you should definitely get into Guilty Gear as a sub game, or a main if P4U doesn't live up to the hype somehow.

Shout outs to Woz. Man, I WAS the resident young guy who looks way older, why ya gotta ruin that? Nice to see you doing great in BB, and getting your hands on Gear, exploration of other fighters is always a good thing.

Shout outs to Phil, hope you enjoyed Samurai Kirby, and our matches. Sorry you got screwed by random select, lol. One of these days I'd like to be able to convincingly take on your Millia, in AC or R.

Shout outs to Tad, and having some awesome GG finals, comboing a normal into itself all day is the best combo. I am forever grateful for the idea to mod my stick with a PS2 pad, and a loaner PS2 setup so I can practice Gear solo.

Shout outs to Player 5, I know you can get somewhere with GG if you work at it, Zappa's fuggin' hard though, good luck with that.

Shout outs to that El Fuerte who bodied me in casuals, good games man, someday I should actually play SF.

SHOUT OUTS TO PEOPLE DISCONNECTING MY QUICK DISCONNECTS. STOP MASHING SO HARD, GORRAM.

Shout outs to Naimat, you know we're just exaggerating when we say BB sucks, right? Johnny IS an awesome dude, and I'm sure you can learn all you need to know through digging in this very forum. I'm hyped to see what you can do with a different shirtless guy character. (Inb4IK trolling).

Shout outs to Duckie. It was cool talkin' with you man, and I am very grateful to you for letting me use your tools and fixing up my quick disconnects. You're also the manliest man I've ever met, and you've got some stiff competition.

Anyone I forgot, SORRY. Harass me over it, and I'll revise.