Kiba

Execution Errors

• Moderators
  • Twitter: @xKeebsx
  • Location London, UK
  • PSN:  BlackJaguarXD

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
In an attempt to bring more activity here, I bring you the latest tier list. It was posted from the Arcadia magazine article and is as follows:

S Tier: Aigis, Mitsuru
A Tier: Teddie, Akihiko, Yu, Yosuke, Chie
B Tier: Shadow Labrys, Labrys, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, Elizabeth

I also do not believe that the characters are placed in a particular order.

Before you go and click the post reply button saying 'WHY IS XXX LOWER THAN XXX?!!', there are some rules you need to consider. This thread is strictly for the discussion / debate and analysis of the tier list, and that only. Any other posts will not be tolerated. In addtion, any complaints, whining, bitching, flaming etc of the sort will not be tolerated and you'll earn yourself an infraction and / or I will delete your posts. If your action(s) prove to be worse, I will not hesistate to issue a ban.

Also:

A JP BBS posting with no name, no reference, no backup, no context should be taken as such.

For all you know, *I* could have made that post just to troll you guys, so be very aware of what you're discussing.

Backdash Tierlist from this:

S Tier : Yosuke
A Tier : Elizabeth, Labrys, Yu, Naoto, Teddie, Akihiko, Mitsuru, Aigis, Shadow Labrys
B Tier : Yukiko
C Tier : Kanji
D Tier : Chie

Try and be careful with any information you may contribute.

Ok, you may proceed, but you have been warned. I know how tier list discussions end up and if I can't take your stupidity I will lock this thread. I trust you guys,
Spoiler

Edited by Kiba, 11 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.

animal character is justice! brJA bowwow! #BBCP_FUCKER

| Ain't Broke? Brake it!! :VA2: | Tsubaki Combo Movie: Resonance :TS2: | Youtube |

#2 22 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

Nemesis
Nemesis

THE STEINS;GATE

• Members
  • Location West Coast
  • XBL: NemesisEnforser
  • PSN:  Nemesis-Type

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
I assume S. Labrys also is B tier? that suits me just fine --- is Chie the girl with the mullet?

same thing you always do.. It's always nemesis, derailing the thread, getting it closed, getting posts deleted, whatever.

:MU: :IZ: :HZ: :JI:  :ballSLB:   If Im playing a set with someone then simply ask to be next and I'll happily catch you as soon as Im done 

#3 22 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Diveman
Diveman

Purple Magician

• Members
Wait, wasnt Kanji A tier and Mitsuru S along chie?

EDIT: What? Yosuke A tier? I thought he was bottom. What makes him so strong?

#4 22 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

Kiba
Kiba

Execution Errors

• Moderators
  • Location London, UK

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
It begins....

I assume S. Labrys also is B tier? that suits me just fine --- is Chie the girl with the mullet?

Shadow Labrys came AFTER this tier list was made so it's quite obvious she's not going to be included within this tier list. There is no way of telling. Chie info here.

Well if that was the case, it's changed now. I don't know.

There are no explanations as to why the characters are where they are. Look at Yosuke from all angles, mixup, damage, pressure, mobility, how he can handle himself against MUs, etc.

| Ain't Broke? Brake it!! :VA2: | Tsubaki Combo Movie: Resonance :TS2: | Youtube |

#5 22 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

Nemesis
Nemesis

THE STEINS;GATE

• Members
  • Location West Coast

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

you havent seen this vid i suppose : http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu

same thing you always do.. It's always nemesis, derailing the thread, getting it closed, getting posts deleted, whatever.

:MU: :IZ: :HZ: :JI:  :ballSLB:   If Im playing a set with someone then simply ask to be next and I'll happily catch you as soon as Im done 

#6 22 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

Zeik56
Zeik56

Silver Member

• Members
  • Location Oregon
  • PSN:  Zeik56
I haven't been following the game a lot these past couple weeks, so maybe things have changed dramatically, but Mitsuru actually dropped down to A tier? And all those characters are now at B tier? That doesn't seem right.

Although it seems like they're using a more limited tier list than usual (no + tiers), so that could be part of it.

Edited by Zeik56, 22 April 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#7 22 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Siefer
Siefer

Lost in the Maze of Life...

• Members
  • PSN:  salomeharras
None of this information should really come as a surprise to anyone. Chie/Mitsuru were identified as the strongest from the very beginning, and the only difference is that Chie is now considered (slightly) stronger than Mitsuru. Yu was also identified early as a top character, and Yosuke has always been a character people felt could move up.

There would probably need to be major discoveries made in order for the top to change, the only thing I can see changing in the near future is the arrangement of B tier, and if anyone else from B tier can jump to A. Of course, this could all become irrelevant with the May update if it does in fact alter balance.

#8 22 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

Zeik56
Zeik56

Silver Member

• Members
  • Location Oregon
  • PSN:  Zeik56
Well Mitsuru was pretty unanimously considered the best character in the game for quite awhile, I'm curious what has changed to drop her down, since I haven't heard anything.

#9 22 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

Guymam
Guymam

... *smile*

• Moderators
  • XBL: Guymam
  • PSN:  Smokedjerky
Remember, horizontally there is no specific order. Mitsure is probably just under Chie, but about as strong as Yu and Yosuke.

Yosuke is up because while he doesn't have high damage output a lot of the times, he far outmaneuvers most of the cast. His pressure is pretty solid, he's got some very scary corner combos into confuse, and he can control a lot of space. Plus, due to teleport, it can be very hard for anyone to AA him, and it can be fairly easy for him to get in somewhat safely.

An if someone doesnt care that you are +10, and they still wish to attack... It is due to a lack of respect. ...Therefor he has no reason to block since he has no respect..

#GuymamforBestMinazuki

#10 22 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Yukikaze
Yukikaze

Enjoy The Hunt!

• Members
  • Location Wolverhampton, England
  • PSN:  Negative_Penalty
Im a lil surprised all I'v been hearing is Mitsuru is too good. (along with Chie)

I didnt think Yu was better than average, I thought he seems balanced or slighty worse than average.

But yosuke has always seemed really powerful too me... he gets nearly 5k meterless.

Surprisingly Liz is rated B... Is it actually stated there is no horizontal order here?

Because it seemed of common opinion that Chie was the best and Yukiko the worst... and thats exactly what that THIS tier list says.

:INO: "It would be a dam shame if Zepp was forced to ask for a guest's help to capture a single man. Please enjoy your tea, while I deal with this matter." :JO: 

#11 22 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

MashThat5A
MashThat5A

Game is hard

• Members
  • Location NYC
  • PSN:  godoftennis101

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
I don't see what the point of a tier list discussion is for a game we don't even have, and that might not be the same when we do...

:RG:RIP Ragna 2011-2013 :RG:

:TA:RIP Taokaka 2010-2014 :TA:
:KO: @MashThat5A  :KO:

#12 22 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Kiba
Kiba

Execution Errors

• Moderators
  • Location London, UK

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Surprisingly Liz is rated B... Is it actually stated there is no horizontal order here?

Because it seemed of common opinion that Chie was the best and Yukiko the worst... and thats exactly what that THIS tier list says.

I see nothing there that specifies any horizontal order, so I'm not particularly sure. Could be, could be not, and actually if you want the very specific order just in case, it's actually Yukiko - Elizabeth - Labrys. So in case it is in horizontal order, Labrys is 'the worst'.

I don't see what the point of a tier list discussion is for a game we don't even have, and that might not be the same when we do...

Might not? Of course it's subject to change when the game comes out. First off Shadow Labrys is not even on the list and secondly the game has only been out for a month! The point of this thread is simply discuss the list SO FAR.

#13 22 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Fluck
Fluck

Theory-Fighter

• Members
Think of the list as a reason to share new tech discovered with everyone to justify the tier placings. I.E. 'Yuu is A instead of B because of his good mixup, as seen here: [video]'. That kind of stuff.
<Donavan> eh he looks the same to me
<Donavan> other than he got changes

#14 22 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

MashThat5A
MashThat5A

Game is hard

• Members
  • Location NYC
  • PSN:  godoftennis101

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
I meant the game is going to possibly be different.

:RG:RIP Ragna 2011-2013 :RG:

:TA:RIP Taokaka 2010-2014 :TA:
:KO: @MashThat5A  :KO:

#15 24 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

mr_tolkien
mr_tolkien

Bronze Member

• Members
Been playing P4 a lot lately, this tier list sure looks accurate, at least in regard to the number of players.
Chie is by far the most picked character, closely followed by Mitsuru and Yu.

What is funny is that they're both quite well counter-picked by Kanji (which I play), since his B+D is so friggin strong against rushdown.

On the other hand it's funny to see zoning characters that low. Yukiko has all the tools to zone people out well once she gets a good read of the opponent, and her B+D, while not as good as Kanji's, still works somehow.

#16 24 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hecatom
Hecatom

Rip Zanuff, AC+R 13 - Xturd 14

• Members
  • Location Tegucigalpa, Honduras
  • XBL: Waste of Money
  • PSN:  Hecatom
since you actually play the game, do you happen to know why yukiko is considered "the worst"?

#17 24 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Nemesis
Nemesis

THE STEINS;GATE

• Members
  • Location West Coast

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
Yukiko the worst? thats suprising seeing as she has been handled so expertly by some people

#18 24 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

mr_tolkien
mr_tolkien

Bronze Member

• Members
I have absolutely no idea since I get destroyed by most Yukiko players but fare decently against Chie and Mitsuru :p
But I can see how heavy rushdown characters are a pain to her, like Lambda 11 in BB, she has good keep away but no real «panic option». I have no idea how you're supposed to keep Yosuke at bay...

#19 24 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Diveman
Diveman

Purple Magician

• Members
Even though I can agree with most of the list, I imagine the fact Elizabeth and Labrys are so low is because they were released just a month ago iirc (for liz anyways). I feel elizabeth can run a train on you "if she gets started" (like ABA), its gonna be fun to see how she evolves from here because from what ive seen in videos, she looks pretty strong if you can pull her setups.

#20 25 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Henaki
Henaki

Deity

• Members
  • Location hell
  • PSN:  SSJMILEYCYRUS420
this list makes a lot of sense. If Kanji doesn't have any bad matchups he might be a better metagame pick than his tier indicates though.

On Mitsuru vs Chie.

Mitsuru is a much simpler character who hasn't evolved a whole lot, while Chie had a lot more room to grow. The game looks reasonably balanced IMO, and I've seen some anti-chie tech in videos recently to blow up parry.

follow some dumb idiot on twitter https://twitter.com/imahfb

#21 25 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

StayFree( ' 3')
StayFree( ' 3')

BF4>BBCP

• Members
  • Location Irvine, Cali
  • XBL: The Turntablist
  • PSN:  CreamyManCandy

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

It's the catalyst for discussion...and to help us keep our sanity before we can get our hands on it.

StayFree broke his xbox. But that matchup isn't even remotely fair. Should be Ayashii & Nemesis VS StayFree and Owner. StayFree when hes playing serious is leagues better than any of them.

#22 25 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

TransientFaith
TransientFaith

おいしいですの

• Members
  • Location Plano, TX

I have absolutely no idea since I get destroyed by most Yukiko players but fare decently against Chie and Mitsuru :p

That probably has to do more with the matchup. Kanji vs. Yukiko is heavily in Yukiko's favor :psyduck:

it's okay man
your da bess stalker

#23 29 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

TheSexyHat
TheSexyHat

New Blood

• Members
  • Location Port Richie(In Spanish)
  • XBL: Banshee Hallow
I have seen other Tier list where Chie is top but I haven't seen much of her in action except for Mitsuru and Aegis. Am I missing something?
The trolling gets worse

#24 03 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

ShardZ
ShardZ

CAW

• Members
  • Twitter: @ShardZ
  • Location WB, MI
  • PSN:  MLIS-ShardZ
http://jbbs.livedoor...91/1335931733/4

Arcadia ranking (characters in no particular order within each tier)

S: Aegis, Mitsuru
A: Kuma/Teddie, Akihiko, Narukami, Yosuke, Chie
B: Shadow Labrys, Labrys, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, Elizabeth

#25 03 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

Kiba
Kiba

Execution Errors

• Moderators
  • Location London, UK

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
Ah so that's the new list eh?

Ok, updated. Thanks.

#26 03 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Beat_By-X
Beat_By-X

Gold Member

• Members
  • Location France PARIS
  • XBL: vs BEAT BY X
  • PSN:  Beat-By_X
It's the tierlist for the current version or patch estimation ?
P4U2: YU - KANJI
BBCP: KOKONOE - RAGNA - TAGER - BULLET

#27 03 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Diveman
Diveman

Purple Magician

• Members
wow, Akihiko is now A tier. Even so, ive seen some crazy stuff with the "low tiers" in this game, like Yukiko, so regarding balance this game seems pretty good.

#28 03 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hecatom
Hecatom

Rip Zanuff, AC+R 13 - Xturd 14

• Members
  • Location Tegucigalpa, Honduras
  • XBL: Waste of Money
  • PSN:  Hecatom
i like how the tier lists keep evolving >:3, i also like that the game seems to be very well balanced so far despite some little bs here and there, though seeing my girl yukiko always on the "lowest" tier sadness me

#29 03 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

HexaNoid
HexaNoid

Don't Talk About It

• Moderators
  • Location England, UK
  • XBL: xHexaNoidx
  • PSN:  HexaNoid

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
>mfw Aigis is S-tier

Seriously though, I have to agree with what people are saying. Looks like Arcsys are really putting in work for the balance on this game. :thumbu:
:NL:Back In Business :NU2:

What self-respecting woman would go to a white man for dick?

#30 03 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

Diveman
Diveman

Purple Magician

• Members

i like how the tier lists keep evolving >:3, i also like that the game seems to be very well balanced so far despite some little bs here and there, though seeing my girl yukiko always on the "lowest" tier sadness me

Yeah, poor yukiko, but you know, ive seen some really insane stuff from her, and once you hit the corner vs Yukiko you better prepare yourself to be blocking a LOT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users