Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nitsujl

learning movement and spacing

is there like a method or approach people use to learn the movement in these games? Like i feel like it's a really important aspect of the game but i can't really find any lessons or tutorials on it. what i mean specifically is like, i have trouble catching opponents because i have a difficult process of predicting how they move and where they would end up. (an example would be jumping backwards then airdashing forwards). and vice versa where my movement is just retardedly obvious. :(

I tried playing against CPU. but i feel like the CPUs movements r also really predictable and don't really use complex motions that online players use.

Well I mean, it's not rocket science. Each character has a set length that they will travel using their respective air dash. If you know that length, you can predict where they will land. If they're at a length where if they air dash toward you they'll be able to tag you with one of their air normals, then expect a forward air dash. If they're in a position where they want to get away from, then they'll most like want to air dash backwards. If they're coming from the air and they expect an anti-air, they'll double jump to bait it. If they have a move that halts their momentum and has a hit-box that hits backwards, then they'll most likely air dash forward to cross you up with it.

It all comes with experience, I don't think that a video tutorial alone will teach you how to move and react to the opponent's movement. You just have to play and learn from experience.

There are slow moves in games that you can sometimes just throw out half screen or in close range and people just walk into it. It's kind of cool!

Nothing to it but practice and experience for this one. Play matches and sit in training mode until you're familiar with your and the other characters.

There ain't no other way to do it.