Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heavymetalmixer

Fastest Blazblue Character?

It depends on what kind of speed you're after.

Hazama has ridiculously quick mobility but it's a unique kind of mobility and he doesn't have a normal run. Valkenhayn and Tao are similar in that regard but Tao can run.

You might want to try Bang as he is similar to Yosuke. Other honorable mentions would be Platinum and... Rachel I guess?

Bang is pretty slow compared to Yosuke IMO. Everything shazam said holds true, however i think in terms of pure speed and pressure, taokaka is the overall fastest character. Her drive is ridiculous for going forward, she's just not as mobile running away because none of her d go backwards.

It depends on what kind of speed you're after.

Hazama has ridiculously quick mobility but it's a unique kind of mobility and he doesn't have a normal run. Valkenhayn and Tao are similar in that regard but Tao can run.

You might want to try Bang as he is similar to Yosuke. Other honorable mentions would be Platinum and... Rachel I guess?

Well, basically, a fast character that can run.

In terms of gameplay, Tao is very fast and mobile - but her playstyle differs from Yosuke quite a bit.

Bang is fast and strong and probably is the best choice IMO.

If you want technical stuff, take a look at this graph

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=System_Data_(BBCSE)

It will tell you all the walk, dash speeds both backwards and forwards + more.

I would say Valkenhayn or Tao, just that Valk's absurd mobility and speed are restircted in time. But his damage potential is higher than Tao's.

Based on what I've seen of Yosuke you'll probably like Bang's gameplay though.

I say Noel. All the above characters require their Drive/FRKZ to be really fast, but Noel's dash is probably the fastest in the game. Very high mobility character whatever the case.

Now that I think about it Tao is basically the pixie of BB, never realized that before. Low health, insane movement, great pressure. I still say Bang is the closest thing to Yosuke in BB - but there are similar traits Yosuke and Tao share due to them both being pixies.

Everybody in my first post has excellent mixup. You could also try Makoto, she has a fast run and pure rushdown style. Ragna has really good mixup in CSX actually. Literally every one of those characters that have high mobility have strong rushdown games as well so you can't really go wrong, just play whoever is your favorite or is the most fun. Watch high level play of these characters to help you decide if you need.

Bang or Tao.

If you go the whole 9 yards and master FRKZ with Bang, You more or less have unblockable mixups.

Bang's mix-up is pretty decent; (Unless he's in FRKZ) he has a unblockable command grab, ground overhead, quick lows and strong cross-up potential with j4B. Not to mention the gimmicky bumper set-ups he has.

Pretty much everything you need.

Tao's mix-up isn't very good. All her cross-ups using Drive can be gotten out of and mashed. 2b is a solid low and 6b is meh and 236C is slow as hell. But you can always choose to head into Almost Becoming Two with 50 meter, that's when Tao's mix-up becomes very scary.

I would recommend Bang if your looking for a fast/decent mix-up character that is as awesome as Yosuke.

Bang's mix-up is pretty decent; (Unless he's in FRKZ) he has a unblockable command grab, ground overhead, quick lows and strong cross-up potential with j4B. Not to mention the gimmicky bumper set-ups he has.

Pretty much everything you need.

Tao's mix-up isn't very good. All her cross-ups using Drive can be gotten out of and mashed. 2b is a solid low and 6b is meh and 236C is slow as hell. But you can always choose to head into Almost Becoming Two with 50 meter, that's when Tao's mix-up becomes very scary.

I would recommend Bang if your looking for a fast/decent mix-up character that is as awesome as Yosuke.

Taokaka's mixup game is average, nothing really to write home about. But that's not why you play Taokaka.

Taokaka's neutral midscreen game is among the strongest in the game. Amazing mobility into 3k-4.5k meterless on each opening all day, and of course add 2k to that with AB2 if you have meter.

I'd say Taokaka. Sort of like Yosuke, Tao doesn't get real oki after her combos most of the time. And her mobility from all the jumps/airdashes, drive cancels and cross-ups is probably the most similar to Yosuke being able to do the glide + cross people up, as well as the flips. She also has low health like Yosuke. In my opinion she would be the most similar to Yosuke's playstyle.

Bang can be relatively fast and has the extra air movement as well but doesn't really compare to Tao. FRKZ sort of oneups this but considering the circumstances of it, it might not be what you're really looking for.

Noel is also kind of fast, but not really that "type" of character.

I'd say go with Tao.

I say Noel. All the above characters require their Drive/FRKZ to be really fast, but Noel's dash is probably the fastest in the game. Very high mobility character whatever the case.

I don't know where this myth comes from, but it needs to go the heck away. Noel's dash is completely average. It's the same speed as Ragna's, both at startup and at max. That's pretty much the definition of average. Yes, lots of characters have "slower" dashes (at startup - no one has a slower max dash speed than Noel does) but Tao (faster at start, same max), Bang (Faster at start, MUCH faster at max), Lambda (faster at both), Tsubaki (Faster at both), Mu (faster at both), Makoto (same speed as Bang) are all faster than she is.

All this information is available here (Though there are a couple of places where there's an extra zero - Bang is not in fact ten times faster than the rest of the cast, humorous as that would be.)

Anyway, I agree with everyone else - Tao is technically fastest, but Bang probably plays a little more like Yosuke, and has stronger traditional mixup.

Noel's just really small so it comes across as faster. If it was Tager who moved that fast it would still be really easy to hit him so it wouldn't matter as much how fast he was.

All this information is available here (Though there are a couple of places where there's an extra zero - Bang is not in fact ten times faster than the rest of the cast, humorous as that would be.)

Not anymore