Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skarlet

New to BBCSE

Hi guys I'm new to this site. Recently i've bought this game and I really like it but dont Know Where to start. My first fighter was mk9 so I'm new to the fgc. Is There any guide that Could help me or any people. Thx :)

Hi there.

Did you check out the in-game Tutorial mode? It's pretty comprehensive and a good starting point for those new to the BB franchise, and, in some ways, to ArcSys airdasher games.

If you already did all that, and you have picked a character, you can check out your character's subforum for info like combos, strategies, match-up information against other characters (if available).. The Dustloop Wiki is also a very helpful center of information that can help you understand this game more.

Good luck, and have fun!

find out who you want to play, go to their subforum and start reading.

l hope you like reading

find out who you want to play, go to their subforum and start reading.

l hope you like reading

"FIGURE IT OUT DO BETTER"

I think the time he spends reading should be minimized and the time he spends discussing maximized.

Here's what you should do:

- PICK a character (You may or may not want to pick a top tier)

- Read the BASICS guides to your character.

- Read the Frame data of your character.

- While you do that, practice all the normals, specials, and try some combos.

- Read the combos guide, watch videos

- Do combos

- Play with others, preferably people you can speak to in real life, but unless you talk with others somehow you are going to miss out on a lot for a long time.

^this

except for the frame data portion. get used to Blazblue's mechanics before you jump into stuff like frame data.

IMO learning the frame data for your own character is good even at low level. If you're a noob you would not understand why you shouldn't be mashing 5c on wakeup - but if you've ever played an ASW game that probably sounds hilarious. I had no idea how few active frames most moves have until I looked.

It teaches you to get into the more technical aspects, and understanding how plus/minus frames work.

Just FYI there is a comprehensive frame data chart for every character on the wiki.

Once you pick a character I think it is pretty important to find someone else more experienced with the character you can troubleshoot with especially when you're completely new.

Here's something that's helpful, just walk away. If it's taken you this long to get into our culture then you really don't belong.

I'm sorry, who are you again? What authority do you have to talk about people in this "culture"? Please don't just make an account just to be a giant dick

Thanks.

I wonder if anyone else in "our culture" thinks like you, not welcoming new players. If they are willing to put time into it, why discourage them?

"FIGURE IT OUT DO BETTER"

I think the time he spends reading should be minimized and the time he spends discussing maximized.

Here's what you should do:

- PICK a character (You may or may not want to pick a top tier)

- Read the BASICS guides to your character.

- Read the Frame data of your character.

- While you do that, practice all the normals, specials, and try some combos.

- Read the combos guide, watch videos

- Do combos

- Play with others, preferably people you can speak to in real life, but unless you talk with others somehow you are going to miss out on a lot for a long time.

Thanks. I'm just starting out myself and this basic guideline is exactly what I needed. But are frames truly all that important and practical in actual gameplay? Ignorant as it may sound, I found the study of it negligible so I never looked into it..

IMHO, no. The most important thing when learning to play a new game, is to ... play it. Sounds stupid, but it really is the most important thing. Frame data IS very helpful for people already familiar with fighting games, but for beginners to the fighting game genre, it's not something you need to look at straight away.

- If it's Blazblue or P4A you are learning, make sure to check out the tutorial mode first. That will teach you some of the basics. You don't need to remember everything that is being said in the tutorial, just take it in at your own pace.

- Play a couple of different characters against the cpu, to see which ones you think look interesting. Try to narrow it down to one character (don't worry if you really don't know who to pick right from the start). Always remember though: the CPU does not play like a real person ! Don't rely on "oh i'm good against the CPU, so I should do good against another human being".

- Look up some information about the character here on dustloop. Chances are big there will be a tutorial page in the forum (atleast for BB, can't say about P4A as I never check those forums because <rest of comment region locked>).

- Watch a few videos on youtube to get a general idea of how the character is being played by other people.

- Go to training mode, try out their normals, try out some of their easier, shorter bnb's. Try until you can do them at a decent success rate.

- Play a couple of matches against the CPU, trying to do those bnb's you just trained in matches.

- Once you feel a bit confident, play against other people. This preferably happens offline, but if you can't because nobody else plays where you live, online is a substitute. You WILL get your ass whooped bigtime. It happens to everyone. Don't worry about this. Try to figure out what went wrong. If possible, ask the other guy about this (much easier when offline ofcourse).

- From here on, the journey will be to try to improve yourself. You will get your ass whooped continuously, but remember: everyone went through that phase. Those great players you see in those Japanese videos didn't become top players over night, it took them a lot of time and ass whoopings too. Take your losses as motivation to try to get better ("I want to beat that guy that defeated me by doing Jin's Ice car all the time !!" ~> let's try to find out what beats it and how I can hurt him the most when he tries it again !). Practice practice practice. Play play play.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if they sound stupid or basic. It's what this section of the forum is there for.

Edit: didn't realise this but: bnb = bread and butter. It's something people say when they mean it's like a standard combo that works on most if not all characters.

Thanks. I'm just starting out myself and this basic guideline is exactly what I needed. But are frames truly all that important and practical in actual gameplay? Ignorant as it may sound, I found the study of it negligible so I never looked into it..
No. Whilst it will help at average levels pf play. You can ignore it hard at the beginning. I did, i still dont know my own Mains frame data (Bar his jab etc).