Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narroo

Tiger Knee Air-Dash

Hi guys! Can I have some advice on inputting a particular move? What is the easiest, least awkward way to j.c into a Tiger-Kneed Air Dash?

You see, I'm doing Tsubaki's CSII Challenge #8, and part of the combo has you doing: 2C-2C-j.c-66-j.5c-j.5c and so on. I'm finding it to be rather cumbersome.

Currently, I've been trying to slam 99 to simultaneously j.c and dash, except it's not working well in mid combo. Any ideas?

Its called an Instant Air Dash (IAD)

Input 956 to do it, the game will register the 9 as a jump forward + 6 so you only need to input one more 6 for the air dash to happen instead of 66.

Its called an Instant Air Dash (IAD)

Input 956 to do it, the game will register the 9 as a jump forward + 6 so you only need to input one more 6 for the air dash to happen instead of 66.

Right, I figured that you can't do 99 right after posting this; I was just fudging inputs. That said, I'm still having some issues- oh well, no easier way to do it, huh?

Anyways, this is kinda off topic- but it's my topic, so...anyone know how to get Tsubaki's CSII Challenge 8 to work? Even if I get the IAD, usually j.c won't connect. and if it does, 5b never connects anyways. Any tips?

Lol never mind I can't read.

Just remember that the game is actually pretty kind, and if you don't mash things out and just properly break it down you'll do fine.

Do an IAD after 2CC ASAP > do j.C then delay the second hit of it a little bit > *Land on ground* do whatever comes after the j.CC asap

Edit: you mean by j.c a jump cancel right?

Do an IAD after 2CC ASAP > do j.C then delay the second hit of it a little bit > *Land on ground* do whatever comes after the j.CC asap

Edit: you mean by j.c a jump cancel right?

whoops, my notation is bad. I meant a jumping C.

whoops, my notation is bad. I meant a jumping C.
lol I miss read it into the correct form and then edited it.

Don't mash it. There's simply Too much time for you to need/be able to use a short cut. just j.C and then air dash. Time the dash so that the input finishes when the j.C hits (j.C can be air dash canceled right? If not then you have to wait even Longer and trying to mash out some sort of shortcut becomes even more impossible.)

2CC>956 j.C...C

Basically, input 956 instead of 9566 and delay the second j.C, and you should be golden.

If you need to figure out when to input 956, then combo 2CC on an opponent and hold up immediately after you hit the second C. When Tsubaki jumps out of 2CC is when you need to input the 956.

2CC>956 j.C...C

Basically, input 956 instead of 9566 and delay the second j.C, and you should be golden.

If you need to figure out when to input 956, then combo 2CC on an opponent and hold up immediately after you hit the second C. When Tsubaki jumps out of 2CC is when you need to input the 956.

That's what I've been doing all afternoon. Actually, I can do it when I start off with AA 2CC pretty easily. But, I can't get the b to connect in the full combo. Woe is me.

That's what I've been doing all afternoon. Actually, I can do it when I start off with AA 2CC pretty easily. But, I can't get the b to connect in the full combo. Woe is me.

Erm, what B?

Erm, what B?

he rest of the challenge combo, the "and so on" part. I got the main part down, but was having trouble getting the next input in. Anyways, I, by a fluke, finished the combo. So hurray!

The challenge combo probably has him picking up with 5B instead of 5C for no good reason.

Yeah, the combo is, FROM MEMORY:

j.Throw->6C->236D->66->2CC-j.cancel->j.66->j.5CC->2B->2C->j.c->j.5C->j.c->j.5CC->j.236A->j.214C->D