• PSN:  Corinthatic

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Character Profile:

Name: μ-No.12-(ミューテュエルブ)
Height: 157cm
Weight: 48kg
Birthday: 1/7 (the day Mu-12 was “refined”)
Japanese VA: Kanako Kondou

"Thanks to Rachel Alucard, Noel regains Mu’s powers and abilities in order to save Tsubaki Yayoi with the power of the Azure. She no longer possesses the same cold, destructive personality she had after her intial awakening, and instead retains Noel’s personality and memories." -Translated Famitsu Article

Please take any µ12 Story-Related discussion to the Chrono Phantasma Story Thread - HERE

BBCP 1.1 Changes
  • Counter Assault – Improved the attack hitbox. Can hit crouching opponents now.
  • Jump 2C – Increased hurtbox size.
  • Sword of Decimation – Fully charged version now has the same recovery time as the normal version.
  • Sword of Infinity – Time it takes to cross over the opponent has decreased, making it easier to hit the opponent. Combos so far look the same.
  • Origins – Is now invincible on startup, and has armor starting on 8th frame as opposed to being fully armored. Decreased knockback and untechable time.
  • Backdash : 1-5 invincible, 1-22 total, shorter distance. (Previously 1-5 invincible, 1-25 total)

BBCP_Mu_Palettes.png[/info]

Gameplay Overview:

Health: 10,00~(?)
Play-style: Manipulates on-screen resources, High-Damage / Zone Control Hybrid
Movement Options: 1 Double Jump/Air Dash, Jump/Air Dash Whiff Cancelable Zoning Components

As Steins are her main gameplay element, liberally applying them to your stratagem requires a capable understanding of their cancel, placement and timing options.
Her tools all have their own unique purpose, and proper application of the right element in its niche is the key to success with µ.

Knockdown is a huge component of µ's strength, allowing her to completely steal momentum off a single small hit-confirm.
Thus, much research and labwork is done on honing knockdown setups and exploring versatile stein formations.
Refer to the µ12 Okizeme Catalog for more information.

Pros/Strengths:
  • Multitude of powerful tools in all aspects of gameplay.
  • Does solid damage on average, with incomparable top-end damage.
  • Has a great back dash.
  • Has a decent DP (623c - Origins), that catches opponents with autoguard, protecting her from would-be safejumps and other dp baits.
  • Prominent zoning game that allows for dominant neutral control.
Cons/Weaknesses:
  • Unforgiving to players without a firm grasp on neutral, and can be shut down very quickly.
  • Steins can at times interrupt pressure and combos when they are not compensated for, requiring the player to always be observant of their timings.
  • Knockdown game requires a fair bit of practice and in-game situational adjustment, increasing the character difficulty.
  • Low Health
  • Prolific Matchup-specific tools and strategies

Move Descriptions:

Normal Moves
– A short jab. excellent horizontal hitbox, great for stuffing airdashes and as a quick ground counterpoke.
  • 5B
  • – Shoulder-level snapkick. Whiffs on crouchers at far ranges, but is a deadly starter and great for pressure,
  • 5C
  • – Fierce sword cleave, incredible range. Extended vertical hurtbox is it's only weakness as a powerful neutral tool.
  • 2A
  • – A crouching punch.
  • 2B
  • – Quick crouching kick. Excellent startup and recovery, making it µ's most reliable normal in almost every situation.
  • 2C
  • – Enormous antiair. Hits everywhere, Somewhat slow to compensate. Decent head invunerability. Not jump cancelable on block.
  • 3C
  • – Sword cut to the ankles, great horizontal range, jump cancelable on block.
  • j.A
  • – Airborne Jab, on-demand air-to-air.
  • j.B
  • – Mu's best vertical reaching air normal. Great crossup hitbox.
  • j.C
  • – Arguably the best air poke in the game. Amazing range and very high reward.
  • j.2C
  • – Stops air momentum before hammering down with her swords. Very untechable on hit, Fatal Counters.
  • 6A
  • – Quick Anti-air. Good for beating deep jump approaches and as a pressure normal. Doesn't reach very high.
  • 6B
  • – Two-hit somersault kick. Both hits are overhead. Repeat Prorate.
  • 6C
  • – Enormous Thrust with swords, fatal counter, projectile, repeat prorate. Minimum Range.
  • Taunt - Moe
  • Forward Throw (B+C)
  • - Launches the opponent into the air. Easily comboed off. Can be kara'd using 2c~b.
  • Back Throw (4B+C) - Near identical to Forward throw but they end up behind µ, slight increase of launch distance.
  • Air Throw (j.B+C) - Grabs the opponent and slams them straight to the ground, bouncing them into the air. Can be easily followed up with 5c.

Drive Moves

Drive: Steins Gunner

µ places a Stein (or "Bit", if you will) that fires after a set time, steins can be interacted with using specific specials. All steins have their own unique placement and startup/cancel window depending on directional input, but share these similarities:
  • Jump/Special/Super Cancelable on Whiff
  • Drive Cancelable on Whiff (Limit 1 stein cancel per chain)
  • Airborne stein placements are Airdash cancelable
  • All steins may be charged by holding down the button to place a Charged Stein (abbreviated 5.[d+]) (5.]d+[ is a marker for the actual hit of the stein when it does fire)
All listed stein placements are for BBCSX, some have been adjusted for BBCP and the information will be updated when confirmed.
  • 5D/j.5D – Directly in front of µ, faster cancel window than all other steins
  • 2D – Far Southeast Set, crouching during animation, momentum retention allows for crossunder utility
  • 6D – Far Northeast Set
  • 4D – Immediate North Set
  • j.2D – Southeast Placement
  • j.4D – Northeast Placement
  • j.6D – Far East Placement
Drive Overview

Steins will be consumed using three moves, Totsuka (236d), Habakiri (214d) and the super YnK (632146d).

Totsuka's laser will trace a pattern from stein to stein on a priority of Youngest to Eldest before tracking to the location of the opponent. Each bounce of the laser is technically a new projectile, and applies unique proration as well as regenerating it's hit property if lost for any reason.

Habakiri will detonate all steins simultaneously, each detonation is a separate projectile and has it's unique prorate.

Yata No Kagami will rapidly fire a Totsuka-type laser at each stein in succession, the lasers reflect upon their target stein once before tracking to the opponent, and do not interact with other steins. Each initial hit and reflection are their own separate projectiles and have unique prorate.

Special Moves
  • Tsunugui (623C)
    Encases µ in a prisim of light, all-aspect autoguard from frame 1. The end of the recovery is not in Ch state.
  • Habaya (236A/j.236A)
    Sends forth a lucent sphere of energy that travels in a boot shape upwards on ground use and downwards on air use. Multiple hit instances.
  • Tsurugi (63214C)(Chargeable)
    Winds up for a massive cleave will all her swords. Enormous hitbox. Longer charge increases the damage and properties of the move.
  • Totsuka (236D)
    Fires out a large laser after a bit of startup. Bounces from stein to stein, consuming them. Refreshes hitbox and reapplies prorate with each bounce. Stays active when µ is being hit or blocking.
  • Ikutachi
    Ikutachi is somehwat of an Act Parser that shifts µ behind the opponent.
  • Habakiri (214D)(Chargeable)
    Detonates all present steins, floating the opponent on hit and dealing fair damage. "Release" animation has 1 hit of projectile autoguard during a short window.
Distortion Drives
Useable in the air as well. First laser is guaranteed after superflash. Bombards the opponent will a full-power laser storm, consumes all steins. Excellent minimum damage.
  • Omohikane(632146D)
  • µ eminates a wave of light directly in front of her. Is not a projectile. Completely invunerable until a fair bit into the recovery. Excellent hitbox, minimum damage and speed. Not Rapid Cancelable on hit. Rapid Cancelable on Block.

• New and Improved Astral Heat
    • Astral (222D)
    • Some invunerability, similar hitbox to 3c in that is it very long and low to the ground, fast enough to combo off any ground hit level 3+ normal, also easily combos off 6b ground hit and by super canceling j.2c landing recovery.

[/info]

Edited by pochp, 24 March 2014 - 09:44 PM.

because they see how amazing we are
    and want to be us

#2 26 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

C0R
    C0R

Edge of Imagination

• Moderators
    • Location PNW's Finest
    • XBL: Salty Runback

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    I'm in the process of updating all this information for BBCP, send me a PM if you notice anything immediately.

Until then, here's a repost of Hakimaru's translation of what Mu changes we know at the moment.

- (720) For Ikutachi, she flies forward diagonally upwards, and then slashes forward diagonally downwards. It's very fast. Does around 1300 from 6C?

- (735) μ's new AH locks them in Tsunugui, and then finishes with a powered up Omohikane. It's "super cool".

- (737) To add to >>720, Ikutachi is sort of like an Act Parser that follows a similar trajectory to Gauntlet Hades.

- (743) Tsurugi seems to cause a sliding down. I didn't see it myself, but I hear that we can probably pick up after with 2B.

- (744) Things I saw yesterday:
    6B>6C connected.
    Tsurugi causes sliding down even without charging.
    2Cch untechable time shortened, airdash JC seems to just barely connect.
    6A launch isn't that high, even on ch.
    Totsuka and Habakiri got faster?

- (745)
    Tsunugui ch also causes sliding down.
    2D set location is far away just above the ground, 4D(?) is close to right above you, and 6D is slightly farther away than in EX.
    AH connects from the same routes as before.

- (747) More additions to >>745:
    During OD, set bits will fire at a constant interval and then disappear once OD ends.
    However, the bits will not fire if you are currently taking damage.
    JD is probably unchanged.

- (748)
    6C hitbox is smaller
    Habaya's trajectory now goes forward for a while before curving upwards.
    (Sort of like an upwards-pointing crowbar, seems easy to pass over with air dash)
    3C>AH connects

- (758) I tried fighting her, and attacks aside, it felt like her regular lines were more Noel-like. If you haven't heard it yet don't expect too much, or you'll be disappointed. I was...

- (759) Since break just started, I went to check my wife out.
    Habaya - goes about 1.5 character widths forward before rising. Lasts longer?
    Totsuka - beam sped up, it's really fast.
    Habakiri - Changed from boomboomboom to a single hit bang. T-this has got to be a joke...
    Ikutachi - Causes bounce on ground hit. Trajectory might make it usable as crossup?
    CT - Launches them vertically upwards on hit.

- (760)
    Voice - Destructive lines removed? It's more Noel-like, with "Kyaa-!" and "This is the power of the Azure...?" here and there.
    OD - Charged beams hitting high was, as expected, false information.

Throw 1400
    Beam>Beam 500
    Charged beam> 985
    5Cch>6C>Ikutachi 2026
    5C>3C>Tsurugi 1929
    5C>3C 1318(?)
    3C>Tsurugi 1412
    2B>5C 952
    2B>5C>Tsurugi 1412
    6B 1132
    6B>6C>Ikutachi 1926
    6C>Ikutachi 1512
    Beam>Omohikane 2136

Regrettably, I wasn't able to get μ-chan's raw Omohikane...

- (774) Opening dialog for vs Ragna:
    μ - "Please don't stare at me like that!"
    Ragna - "I'm not!!"
    It's totally a couple's quarrel.

Edited by C0R, 15 December 2012 - 02:35 AM.

and want to be us

#3 26 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

C0R
    C0R

Edge of Imagination

• Moderators
    • Location PNW's Finest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    Don't be afraid to post CP discussion here guys, that's what this thread is for.

and want to be us

#4 26 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Chaoschao222
    Chaoschao222

pon~ pom poke~

• Moderators
    • Location Portland, Oregon
    • XBL: Chaoschao222

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    Well... not exactly a Mu player, but I'll ask, is Ikutachi only a followup move for 6C, or is it like a followup that is also a standalone move like Noel's new j.2C?

Or this this not known yet due to CPU-only shenans? I've only seen it used after 6C which is why I ask.

Spoiler

:NO: :PT:

I think it's kinda sad how hard it is to have fun sometimes.

#5 26 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

C0R
    C0R

Edge of Imagination

• Moderators
    • Location PNW's Finest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    Ikutachi is a completely new special move, the only known way to combo into it at the moment is by special canceling 6c into it, as the computer seems to like doing. I imagine stein set > tachi > stein juggle > pickup is a likely combo route.

and want to be us

#6 26 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

Chaoschao222
    Chaoschao222

pon~ pom poke~

• Moderators
    • Location Portland, Oregon
    • XBL: Chaoschao222

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    Alright, nifty.

:NO: :PT:

I think it's kinda sad how hard it is to have fun sometimes.

#7 26 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Tecta1Eastside
    Tecta1Eastside

Titanium Member

• Members
    • Location Georgia East Coast
    • XBL: TectalEastside
    • PSN:  TectalEastside

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    5D – Stagger.
    2D - Knockdown, which can be followed up.
    6D, 3D, j.D, j.2D - Ground bounces the opponent into the air.
    236D, 214D – The follow-ups.

This is new outside of the follow-up section.
    She just became more fun and strategic:)

SOD CH isnt a fatal counter anymore at least lvl1 SOD isnt.
    I forgot to mention that when I saw her in noel's arcade mode fight.

Nice intro write up on mu-12 btw

Edited by Tecta1Eastside, 26 November 2012 - 08:17 AM.

P4U2 Labrys/Shabrys/Yukari
    BBCP μ-12/Izayoi/Hakumen
    Xrd ??No Dizzy:( Ky

DFC Asuna

#8 26 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Nemesis
    Nemesis

THE STEINS;GATE

• Members
    • Location West Coast
    • XBL: NemesisEnforser
    • PSN:  Nemesis-Type

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    5D – Stagger.

.... I dont understand this at all... do the steins do this? do different steins now have different properties cause if so thats hype
    ...also thought you were gonna leave us for Izayoi there c0r~

same thing you always do.. It's always nemesis, derailing the thread, getting it closed, getting posts deleted, whatever.

:MU: :IZ: :HZ: :JI:  :ballSLB:   If Im playing a set with someone then simply ask to be next and I'll happily catch you as soon as Im done 

#9 26 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

C0R
    C0R

Edge of Imagination

• Moderators
    • Location PNW's Finest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    See if you can post the source for the information if you guys know it. I'd like to review the context of the information and see if any more light can be shed on new stein properties.

Ex: http://www26.atwiki....tml#id_a1e2fd5e

Omohikane Raw damage up to 2844

http://jbbs.livedoor.../1341404673/791

Edited by C0R, 26 November 2012 - 09:50 AM.

and want to be us

#10 26 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Tecta1Eastside
    Tecta1Eastside

Titanium Member

• Members

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

5D – Stagger.
    ~

I saw this in the 1st post of this thread in C0r's Drive overview section where he is going over mu-12 info.
    If I find the source i'll post it.
    I saw another mu vs noel arcade mode match.
    Ikutachi CH launches you like her old 2c CH.
    DP CH is really good since you slide for a long time.
    Two small lasers hit and combo while the opponent was sliding all the way into the corner for 1.1k
    DP CH also give you alot of time to set-up steins now too.

BBCP μ-12/Izayoi/Hakumen

DFC Asuna

#11 26 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

C0R
    C0R

Edge of Imagination

• Moderators
    • Location PNW's Finest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    Pfffff.

Hahahahahahah!

I've found the source of the confusion. There was just a section of the Azrael Drive that I didn't notice to delete when I was replacing information into the template.

and want to be us

#12 26 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Furanshi
    Furanshi

New Blood

• Members

Pfffff.

Hahahahahahah!

I've found the source of the confusion. There was just a section of the Azrael Drive that I didn't notice to delete when I was replacing information into the template.

*profound sadness*

no really, I had such a (can I say the word boner here? 0_o) all day and just checked back to see the confirmation. Then this happened T-T

#13 26 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Nemesis
    Nemesis

THE STEINS;GATE

• Members
    • Location West Coast

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    c0r trolling us all with hopes of god like projectiles ...
    5D – Stagger ffs lol... would be S tier faster than google would find hits for pron

same thing you always do.. It's always nemesis, derailing the thread, getting it closed, getting posts deleted, whatever.

:MU: :IZ: :HZ: :JI:  :ballSLB:   If Im playing a set with someone then simply ask to be next and I'll happily catch you as soon as Im done 

#14 26 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Lord Pwnge18
    Lord Pwnge18

Awakened

• Members
    • Location SLC, UT
    • PSN:  xHarukasan

would be S tier faster than google would find hits for pron

Dude... is that...

That could not have been the only simile you thought of for things that are "fast".

and well pwny just likes lolis

#15 26 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Nemesis
    Nemesis

THE STEINS;GATE

• Members
    • Location West Coast

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Dude... is that...

That could not have been the only simile you thought of for things that are "fast".

Faster than the pope covering up for catholic clergymen who molest small children?

#16 26 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Lord Pwnge18
    Lord Pwnge18

Awakened

• Members
    • Location SLC, UT
    • PSN:  xHarukasan
    Posted Image

and well pwny just likes lolis

#17 27 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

C0R
    C0R

Edge of Imagination

• Moderators
    • Location PNW's Finest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    http://www.youtube.c...d&v=BEh78YWR-nk

?!?!??!??!??!?!??!!K@BIJH!G@UIHGOIUGASUIDGHFIAUWBSDIOUGAWUIPSDBPIAWGUDPUIAHed

-6b Forces Crouching
    -6b > 6c Gatling added, combos on hit at any rance
    -Tachi is stein cancelable, allowing for pickups
    -Mu turns faster after crossing over, allowing her to combo off crossup j.b and j.c easily
    -Crush Trigger previewed

As a note, tachi seems like an incredible midscreen combo route, as it's untechable enough to allow you to combo into even raw 6b or otg 6a.

Edited by C0R, 27 November 2012 - 05:24 AM.

and want to be us

#18 27 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Tecta1Eastside
    Tecta1Eastside

Titanium Member

• Members

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    Hey I just noticed something in the video. Do our steins disappear after we use 236a now?

Edited by Tecta1Eastside, 27 November 2012 - 05:43 AM.

BBCP μ-12/Izayoi/Hakumen

DFC Asuna

#19 27 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

C0R
    C0R

Edge of Imagination

• Moderators
    • Location PNW's Finest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    No. They disperse when overdrive ends.

and want to be us

#20 27 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

Tecta1Eastside
    Tecta1Eastside

Titanium Member

• Members

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    We probably get over 2k off our overhead midscreen with no meter now

BBCP μ-12/Izayoi/Hakumen

DFC Asuna

#21 27 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Zeromus_X
    Zeromus_X

OHHHH NOOOOO

• Members
    • Location Phoenix, AZ
    • PSN:  Neo_Zeromus_X
    Ikutachi being stein cancellable is pretty sweet, also nice to get a meterless combo off an overhead midscreen that isn't just SoD. Too bad we didn't get to see the new 214D or 236D.

As for her new voice, glad she still sounds serious and not all kawaii-uguu and shit. Not sure about the new theme, sounds like something out of Megaman X series, maybe Mu = X and Izayoi = Zero? Anyway, I'm hype, can't wait for her to be released so we can see all the changes!

:MU: High tier and getting better tier :ballNA: also coconuts :KY:

Kagura's overhead is pretty subtle...Unlike Relius's which is like LOL GIGANTIC CLAW THING FROM FRAME 1.

#22 27 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Tecta1Eastside
    Tecta1Eastside

Titanium Member

• Members

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    I've seen the new 236d in noel vs mu arcade mode but I couldnt see a huge difference in the beam being faster.
    X vs Zero: Blazblue ChronoPhantasm Edition lol

BBCP μ-12/Izayoi/Hakumen

DFC Asuna

#23 27 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

XeroBlitz
    XeroBlitz

Noel Believer

• Members
    • PSN:  XeroWing
    http://www.youtube.c...d&v=BEh78YWR-nk

latest video intro Mu12 and V13
    can slightly see some combos from Mu12 and her new Astral Clip
    :NO::NL::MU: 大好き

#24 27 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

TD
    TD

boss

• Members
    • Location halloween
    • PSN:  howling-_-moon

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    the new mu looks sweeeeeet. im definitely picking her back up. her voice, as said is not just a va swap of noel's, that would have seriously been irritating. and dat ass is still bulging out of dat thong. :thumbu:
    Sometimes the water will flow swiftly and smoothly down the river and sometimes it will be muddy and slow.

#25 27 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Tecta1Eastside
    Tecta1Eastside

Titanium Member

• Members

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    So they buffed her overhead midscreen dmg and crouching dmg with no meter maybe.
    Need Dec.5th to happen asap

Edited by Tecta1Eastside, 27 November 2012 - 06:35 AM.

BBCP μ-12/Izayoi/Hakumen

DFC Asuna

#26 27 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

C0R
    C0R

Edge of Imagination

• Moderators
    • Location PNW's Finest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

We probably get over 2k off our overhead midscreen with no meter now

The combo demo'd is pretty bad in terms of optimization, I foresee an easy 3k~ and up without much trouble.

6b > 6c > Tachi > j.6d > 6b > Dash > 5c > 2c > ]d[ > j.2c > dash 2c otg > (5c if prorate allows) > 6c > oki seems a likely combo route.

and want to be us

#27 27 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

xntrikcat
    xntrikcat

Hime cut is the TRUTH

• Members
    • Location Boston
    • PSN:  xntrikcat
    I don't know, it doesn't look like you'd be able to 6b AGAIN after Tachi > j.6d. Also the trailer's probably sped up, but the C moves seem just as fast as EX... Only time will tell though.
    Jason900: but when you start respecting 9ball
    Jason900: he bends you over
    Jason900: and shows you how long his 5b is
    Jason900: thats gross

#28 27 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

C0R
    C0R

Edge of Imagination

• Moderators
    • Location PNW's Finest

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    Err I was thinking 5c ch route. I believe you'll have time to link just about anything after tachi stein cancel, it's massively untechable.

Keep in mind Tachi gives us a meterless route off crouching confirms.

Also from the looks of it Mu will likely be able to fit a 5d in between 6c and tachi.

and want to be us

#29 27 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Paradox13ox
    Paradox13ox

Legit Member

• Members
    • XBL: Paradox13ox
    So it looks like the unlimited style SoD is actually her CT, I'm interested how this will work in combos because I do remember Noel ended up in the air after getting hit by it in arcade mode.

#30 27 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

TD
    TD

boss

• Members
    • Location halloween
    • PSN:  howling-_-moon

Awards Bar:

Users Awards
    did 6b lose it's repeat prorate? with the new SMP system, 2 6b's mean the foe will tech immediately after the hit
    Sometimes the water will flow swiftly and smoothly down the river and sometimes it will be muddy and slow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users