Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bluewindz

Jam Vs Dizzy

In case people were wondering....and in case there's a good Dizzy player in your area. So...Dizzy is supposed to be at a disadvantage... because all your normals beat all her normals. First of all, if you ever block her Ice Spike and she did not FRC it, you should be able to hit her with a FB puff ball or whatever since it's really bad on block. Like -23 frames. Air Spike disappears if you hit Dizzy. The Axe will stay no matter what. The Fish will disappear if you throw Dizzy. A good Dizzy will throw you out of your 236S motion or just sweep you, so do only 236S-S and FB, unless she is in the air, it's a little more safe to do 236S-H. If you get thrown or knocked down and is facing some sort of scary Dizzy mix-up, you will know it if you see fish being summoned when you are knocked down, you can...see if Dizzy air dashes towards you or is on the ground. If she air dashes towards you, reversal 623K or block.... Blocking is mostly in Dizzy's favor since you will most likely mess it up. Use FD when Dizzy gets too close. You can 1 frame jump into air throw...(maybe not...) but it's way too risky since fish will be out. Most of Dizzy's setups are throw safe, burst safe, and slash back safe. You'll most likely hit the fish, or if you hit Dizzy, you get hit by the fish afterwards and Dizzy recovers. Dizzy has a bigger throw range than you most likely unless you are Potemkin.

FB can be thrown if Dizzy is within range. Throwing is risky because you can get hit by the edge of the puffball. Just don't puffball too deep where it is within their throw range. Hit them on the outer edges of the puffball.

You can sometimes 2D under her fish. One strategy is to do 2S, then immediately cancel it into 2D. So the 2S hits the fish and you trip Dizzy. Or you can sometimes cancel it into 5HS. Jam has air superiority.

don't 2d/2s, use 2p instead to kill the fish, u'll got killed if u 2s->2d(non frc) just to rid of the fish with her 2hs, btw Jam 6hs also a big pain in the ass for Dizzy tick throw games

Dizzy is the only range char that has no way of getting Jam away from her once she gets in. One knockdown results in free rush down for rest of the fight. Play it safe and take smart chances against her moves and it's really easy to win since you just need to combo her twice. Other than practicing specific combo for her (timing wise) because her hitbox is semi strange, she is the least troublesome one out of all the "look at me fill screen with shit" characters.

Ice spike is -23 SD

And you can be thrown out of the FB ball.

I think TK kick is free after a blocked Ice Spike.

Okay guys I need some help v. Dizzy. I can get her into the corner and pressure her just fine but I can't for the life of me do any jammin' loops to her. Nothing seems to land after the 6H followup other than f.S which just pushes me so far out I can't hit with 2H, and 6P where she gets knocked so far up the next 6H followup won't land. What the hell am I supposed to do here, just do 2H into FB puffballs until she's dizzied?

Don't use 5K unless she's REALLY low on the wall and you're actually close enough for it to connect. She floats really high so you have to use 2H > 6HH instead of 5K > 2H > 6HH.

Use either one or both hits of 2H depending on how high she is and where you are in the combo. Usually it's a safe bet to just use 2H(2).