• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4829 replies to this topic

#1 24 December 2008 - 09:53 PM

terranrox
terranrox

That one fella.

• Members
  • Location classified
As the title implies.. I personally liked it a lot but Its hard to choose if I liked it compared to the GG OST So far my favorite songs are Tager's theme and Ragna's Theme

#2 24 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

TITANIUM BEAST!!!
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

stays agreeable

• Moderators
  • Location Durham, North Carolina
  • PSN:  BeastOfFire
Haven't listened to the second disc yet but the first disc is pretty good. Nice to have something new. I like how Ishiwatari's songs have evolved, they seem "busier" and more interesting overall.

#3 24 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

terranrox
terranrox

That one fella.

• Members
  • Location classified
I agree, his songs really does seem to get better. I kind of wished the Haku-men's theme was in the first disk because it applies traditional Japanese instruments in it like "Momentary Life"'s beginning
Interesting... I never knew my avatar suddenly disappeared...

#4 24 December 2008 - 10:40 PM

Alzarath
Alzarath

I have 25%?! IT'S MY TURN NOW SON

• Moderators
  • Twitter: @AlzarathEX
  • Location NYC
  • PSN:  not_alzarath
Whats the bitrate on these tracks? Anyone know?
@AlzarathEX
#TASKFORCE

#5 24 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

Hecatom
Hecatom

Rip Zanuff, AC+R 13 - Xturd 14

• Members
  • Location Tegucigalpa, Honduras
  • XBL: Waste of Money
  • PSN:  Hecatom
from what i heard so far, the ost is good, my favs until now are: Lust SIN - Jin Theme Song Bullet Dance - Noel Theme Song MOTOR HEAD - Tager Theme Song Queen of rose - Rachel Theme Song Under Heaven Destruction - Ragna VS Jin Theme Song Imperial Code - Jin VS Noel Theme Song (Library Theme) White Requiem - Rachel VS Ragna Theme Song of course the rest are still pretty good, at least for my taste (btw they sound amazing in 7.2 ch)
Xrd? Sounds more like Xturd (・Д・)ノ

#6 24 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

Hellmonkey
Hellmonkey

yeknom

• Super Moderators
Just a reminder, no talk of pirating/downloading it in here. Support the game and buy it.

#7 24 December 2008 - 11:34 PM

Hecatom
Hecatom

• Members
dont worry, i bought my copy in play-asia :keke: , i have to say that the ost worth the money

#8 24 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

zer0kage
zer0kage

NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Members
There are alot of good tracks in the game. I think only the same character, Arakune vs Litchi and boss Ragna themes retain that GG vibe to it. Rest are in their own groove and are a nice change from Daisuke. A worthwhile purchase. I dare say that the Ragna vs Jin theme is the weakest in the OST. Sol v Ky themes just set the bar high. Gah I'm stung that BB was 1 step close to coming to UK but that venue had to close.

我は空、我は鋼、我は刃!!我は一繰り剣にて全ての罪を刈り取り悪を滅する!

#9 25 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

Akira
Akira

Platinum Members

• Members
  • Location Sheol Gate, Area Nº 0

Whats the bitrate on these tracks? Anyone know?

Winamp says 320 at least o.o

My favs until now are
- Calamity Trigger - Op
- Rebellion - Ragna Theme
- Lust SIN - Jin Theme
- Bullet Dance - Noel Theme
- Queen of rose - Rachel Theme
- Thin RED Line - Arakune Theme
- Under Heaven Destruction - Ragna VS Jin (of course)
- Imperial Code - Jin VS Noel(much better than I tought it would be)
- White Requiem - Ragna VS Rachel
- Weak Executor - Arakune VS Litchi
- SUSANOOH - Hakumen
- Black Onslaught - seems better than Raven Theme in my opinion o.o
- Blood Pain - same char

#10 25 December 2008 - 12:09 AM

TITANIUM BEAST!!!
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

stays agreeable

• Moderators
I agree that the Ragna/Jin theme is weak. Not horrible, but unfitting for what should be pure epicness. Same character theme is HYPE, though, which is good because usually the GG same character themes are pretty bland. Other EPIC themes include Bang's theme, Arakune's theme, Boss Ragna's theme and Tager's theme.

#11 25 December 2008 - 12:15 AM

bucklemyshoe
bucklemyshoe

Oni I-No

• Members
  • Location CALIFORNIA

Just a reminder, no talk of pirating/downloading it in here. Support the game and buy it.

It can be bought here: http://www.play-asia...-j-70-348x.html

If anyone was looking/didn't already know.

#12 25 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

zer0kage
zer0kage

NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Members
Cd JApan is also a good place to buy it especially if you are already a customer.

Winamp says 320 at least o.o

:eng101:

我は空、我は鋼、我は刃!!我は一繰り剣にて全ての罪を刈り取り悪を滅する!

#13 25 December 2008 - 12:28 AM

Silent Shinobi
Silent Shinobi

Nowhere Near Famous.

• Moderators
  • Twitter: @Cluckw0rk
  • Location Birmingham, AL
  • PSN:  TheShinobist

I agree that the Ragna/Jin theme is weak. Not horrible, but unfitting for what should be pure epicness. Same character theme is HYPE, though, which is good because usually the GG same character themes are pretty bland.

Other EPIC themes include Bang's theme, Arakune's theme, Boss Ragna's theme and Tager's theme.

Bout time Bang's theme got some love around here. I think all of the character tracks are good to correspond to their characters.

#14 25 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

Hecatom
Hecatom

• Members

There are alot of good tracks in the game. I think only the same character, Arakune vs Litchi and boss Ragna themes retain that GG vibe to it. Rest are in their own groove and are a nice change from Daisuke. A worthwhile purchase.

I dare say that the Ragna vs Jin theme is the weakest in the OST. Sol v Ky themes just set the bar high.

Gah I'm stung that BB was 1 step close to coming to UK but that venue had to close.

you think?, i give you that the song its not outstanding, and lacks some of the force of the version of the 1st trailer (that one sounded more epic compared to this version, maybe it was the bass) i feel that this one lacks something, but talking about the melody its sounds with a lot potential if they develop some of the instrument for a newer version; besides i never liked the XX song of ky vs sol, on the other hand we have Keep tha Flag Flying, wich its true, it seted the bar very high when it comes about epicness, or Conclussion in GG1, that song was epic too

#15 25 December 2008 - 01:03 AM

terranrox
terranrox

That one fella.

• Members
  • Location classified
Right now I'm fitting the pieces together: Cathedral plays: Lust Sin Kagetsuchi Port plays 9pm: Marionette Purple Area 18: Thin RED Line Orient Town: Oriental flower Lost Town: Catus Carnival Halloween: Queen of Rose does anyone know where: Bullet Dance, Rebellion, and Motor Head play?

#16 25 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

Blade
Blade

"That Guy"

• Members
  • Location The Backyard
  • PSN:  Mimeblade

second disc

Available? Yes? No? I thought there was only one disc?
In the year 2014, a certain project began that would haunt humanity for centuries to come, it was known as the Gear Project.

#17 25 December 2008 - 01:08 AM

terranrox
terranrox

That one fella.

• Members
  • Location classified
Nay there is two
http://www.team-e.co...-00253-254.html
the track listings are on the link

#18 25 December 2008 - 01:20 AM

Vulcan422
Vulcan422

Despair of Future Past

• Members
  • Location Los Angeles, CA
  • XBL: VULCAN422
  • PSN:  Vulcan422
Favorite songs so far Calamitytrigger Rebellion Lust SIN Queen of rose REPPU Oriental Flower The road to hope. Under Heaven Destruction Imperial Code White Requiem SUSANOOH Awakening the Chaos Black Onslaught Limited Again Blue Beating VS. Continue Game Over
:AZ::TER::JU::ballYU:

Welcome to Japanese Fighting Games, please leave your hope and aspirations of playing the newly released games at the same time as the Japanese at the door.

#19 25 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

Sephi_hatu
Sephi_hatu

Blarg!

• Members
  • Location Carrol County MD
Lows are lower than in Guilty Gear. Highs are just as high as in Guilty Gear. Still in the Dark still has no competition.
http://www.theoddmanout.net
360 GamerTag: Adv3nt Ang3l

#20 25 December 2008 - 01:39 AM

TITANIUM BEAST!!!
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

stays agreeable

• Moderators
sorry but if you still think Still in the Dark is the best thing ever then you need to get off my internet move on already

#21 25 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

Shining Aquas
Shining Aquas

The Shifting Tides

• Members
  • PSN:  PhantasyStarHero
Is it just called "Blazblue Official Soundtrack", or does it have a special name?

Most people missed aquas blowing up xeno and shouting at him like an abusive parent

#22 25 December 2008 - 02:21 AM

Sephi_hatu
Sephi_hatu

Blarg!

• Members
  • Location Carrol County MD

sorry but if you still think Still in the Dark is the best thing ever then you need to get off my internet

move on already

Name songs that are better then.
http://www.theoddmanout.net
360 GamerTag: Adv3nt Ang3l

#23 25 December 2008 - 02:34 AM

Hecatom
Hecatom

• Members
let me see: A Fixed Idea Keep the Flag Flying Awe of She Bloodstained Lineage Communication Meet Again The Man Fatal Duel Writhe in Pain Suspicious Cook Conclusion Love Letter From... Existence Riches In Me The Irony Of Chaste Sheep Will Sleep (,if you become fatigued) and i can go and go

#24 25 December 2008 - 02:48 AM

sG
sG

awful player

• Members
  • Location Georgia

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sheep Will Sleep (,if you become fatigued)

best GG track by far

#25 25 December 2008 - 02:54 AM

Shining Aquas
Shining Aquas

The Shifting Tides

• Members
  • PSN:  PhantasyStarHero
Still in the Dark is an excellent song in my opinion, but to say it is the best is a horrible understatement. It's really impossible to say SITD is the greatest song when so many others are equally as well done / possibly better. Primal Light is excellently done. Calm Passion mixes in the piano perfectly. Curtain Call is BEAUTIFUL. The opening of Get Down to Business is incredibly upbeat and original. The Man is just generally amazing. Worthless as the Sun above Clouds is incredibly catchy. And there are soooo many more. Don't limit yourself to a single piece of a triple layer cake, especially since the slice you picked is lacking icing.

Most people missed aquas blowing up xeno and shouting at him like an abusive parent

#26 25 December 2008 - 03:04 AM

terranrox
terranrox

That one fella.

• Members
  • Location classified

Is it just called "Blazblue Official Soundtrack", or does it have a special name?

Well the full title is: BlazBlue -Calamity Trigger- Original Soundtrack

Awww... I liked Momentary Life but no body mentions it...

but aside from that Happy Holidays fellas

#27 25 December 2008 - 03:21 AM

TITANIUM BEAST!!!
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

stays agreeable

• Moderators

Still in the Dark is an excellent song in my opinion, but to say it is the best is a horrible understatement.

I believe you mean overstatement sir.

In any case we're talking about opinions here, which always vary. I just think that between the time GGX Heavy Rock Tracks came out and this point, there have been plenty of good songs to come out of the GG series that are just as interesting as Still in the Dark or more. Even on the same soundtrack I can think of more enjoyable songs (Feel a Fear, No Mercy, etc).

#28 25 December 2008 - 03:22 AM

bucklemyshoe
bucklemyshoe

Oni I-No

• Members
  • Location CALIFORNIA
what is the name of eddie's theme in ac? that one's my favorite.

#29 25 December 2008 - 03:23 AM

TITANIUM BEAST!!!
TITANIUM BEAST!!!

stays agreeable

• Moderators
Feel a Fear. Honestly inferior to the GGX version though.

#30 25 December 2008 - 03:42 AM

Abominable K
Abominable K

やらないか?

• Members
  • Location Alexandria, VA
  • XBL: Abominable K
  • PSN:  Abominable_K
The jazz fusion elements in Tager and Carl's themes are weird, but enjoyable. Edit: Also, is it just me or are the guitars in this mixed down pretty far?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users