Skullgirls is finally out and is in full swing, this means more activity here on the forums, but as we all know not all activity is productive. Here on Dustloop we try to focus on the core elements and essentials to a fighting game, so here are a few things to keep in mind before making that post:
Good Idea/Bad Idea (in terms of posts)
Before you hit that submit button, if you have to ask "is this a good post?" then it probably isn't... BUT, just to be safe let's go over some things that make good (and bad) posts:
- Contributing to the topic with informed and relevant information
- Using proper grammar and text formatting to the best of your ability to make post legible and coherent
- Presenting sources to new information, preferably in the form of links to said source
- Searching to see if your question or inquiry has already been made or answer
- Derailing a topic (ie. flaming, trolling, unrelated posts)
- Replying to stupid posts (ie. telling them how stupid the post is or continuing derailment)
- Posting image/text macros or memes, excessive use of emoticons, complaints without proper merit
- Posting in a thread that hasn't seen activity in over 3 months (unless you have some REALLY relevant info)
If you have Skullgirls
relevant video media to post please try to keep all match play or significant findings in the Video thread, but any and all discussion should be left out. Instead take discussion to either the Video Discussion thread or a respective character thread.
On a lesser, yet related, point; if you post a (Skullgirl
related) image, please make sure said image is at a manageable size (anything below 500x500). Also please refrain from quoting posts with images, with the images intact, please either remove images or just leave links.
Creating a new thread (in Skullgirls General)
The word "general" may appear in the section's title, but please don't think that means it is a cesspool of babble. For example there is a respective thread for Story Discussion (please keep it ALL there). New threads should be created in order to answer or inform about a general inquiry without focus (ie. bugs/glitches, team synergy, events, new updates, etc)
Use of Match Finder threads
The Match Finder
threads are only there to make it easier for users to find people on their respective online service of choice in which to fight with. Only post here if you are:
- Seeking opponents
- Wanting to exchange online tags
- Congratulate/Thank another user for a good fight
- Critique another player's performance (preferably at their request)
Creating a new thread (in Skullgirls Online)
Outside of Match Finder
threads in this section should be pretty limited to technical issues/inquiry or announcing online streams/events.
NOTE: Posts and threads created outside these guidelines are subject to moderation and may be deleted (and in extreme cases the user(s) may be infracted, which can lead to a temporary ban on their account(s). Moderation is not limited to the above points, the full ruleset of Dustloop still applies as well. We all want to have fun here, so please help us help you, I mean after all there is enough stupidity on the internet already...isn't there?