1/7 (the day Mu-12 was refined)
"Thanks to Rachel Alucard, Noel regains Mus powers and abilities in order to save Tsubaki Yayoi with the power of the Azure. She no longer possesses the same cold, destructive personality she had after her intial awakening, and instead retains Noels personality and memories." -Translated Famitsu Article
Manipulates on-screen resources, High-Damage / Zone Control Hybrid
1 Double Jump/Air Dash, Jump/Air Dash Whiff Cancelable Zoning Components
As Steins are her main gameplay element, liberally applying them to your stratagem requires a capable understanding of their cancel, placement and timing options.
Her tools all have their own unique purpose, and proper application of the right element in its niche is the key to success with ΅.
Knockdown is a huge component of ΅'s strength, allowing her to completely steal momentum off a single small hit-confirm.
Thus, much research and labwork is done on honing knockdown setups and exploring versatile stein formations.
Refer to the ΅12 Okizeme Catalog
for more information.
- Multitude of powerful tools in all aspects of gameplay.
- Does solid damage on average, with incomparable top-end damage.
- Has a great back dash.
- Has a decent DP (623c - Origins), that catches opponents with autoguard, protecting her from would-be safejumps and other dp baits.
- Prominent zoning game that allows for dominant neutral control.
- Unforgiving to players without a firm grasp on neutral, and can be shut down very quickly.
- Steins can at times interrupt pressure and combos when they are not compensated for, requiring the player to always be observant of their timings.
- Knockdown game requires a fair bit of practice and in-game situational adjustment, increasing the character difficulty.
- Low Health
- Prolific Matchup-specific tools and strategies
- 5A A short jab. excellent horizontal hitbox, great for stuffing airdashes and as a quick ground counterpoke.
- 5B Shoulder-level snapkick. Whiffs on crouchers at far ranges, but is a deadly starter and great for pressure,
- 5C Fierce sword cleave, incredible range. Extended vertical hurtbox is it's only weakness as a powerful neutral tool.
- 2A A crouching punch.
- 2B Quick crouching kick. Excellent startup and recovery, making it ΅'s most reliable normal in almost every situation.
- 2C Enormous antiair. Hits everywhere, Somewhat slow to compensate. Decent head invunerability. Not jump cancelable on block.
- 3C Sword cut to the ankles, great horizontal range, jump cancelable on block.
- j.A Airborne Jab, on-demand air-to-air.
- j.B Mu's best vertical reaching air normal. Great crossup hitbox.
- j.C Arguably the best air poke in the game. Amazing range and very high reward.
- j.2C Stops air momentum before hammering down with her swords. Very untechable on hit, Fatal Counters.
- 6A Quick Anti-air. Good for beating deep jump approaches and as a pressure normal. Doesn't reach very high.
- 6B Two-hit somersault kick. Both hits are overhead. Repeat Prorate.
- 6C Enormous Thrust with swords, fatal counter, projectile, repeat prorate. Minimum Range.
- Taunt - Moe
- Forward Throw (B+C) - Launches the opponent into the air. Easily comboed off. Can be kara'd using 2c~b.
- Back Throw (4B+C) - Near identical to Forward throw but they end up behind ΅, slight increase of launch distance.
- Air Throw (j.B+C) - Grabs the opponent and slams them straight to the ground, bouncing them into the air. Can be easily followed up with 5c.
΅ places a Stein (or "Bit", if you will) that fires after a set time, steins can be interacted with using specific specials. All steins have their own unique placement and startup/cancel window depending on directional input, but share these similarities:
- Jump/Special/Super Cancelable on Whiff
- Drive Cancelable on Whiff (Limit 1 stein cancel per chain)
- Airborne stein placements are Airdash cancelable
- All steins may be charged by holding down the button to place a Charged Stein (abbreviated 5.[d+]) (5.]d+[ is a marker for the actual hit of the stein when it does fire)
All listed stein placements are for BBCSX, some have been adjusted for BBCP and the information will be updated when confirmed.
- 5D/j.5D Directly in front of ΅, faster cancel window than all other steins
- 2D Far Southeast Set, crouching during animation, momentum retention allows for crossunder utility
- 6D Far Northeast Set
- 4D Immediate North Set
- j.2D Southeast Placement
- j.4D Northeast Placement
- j.6D Far East Placement
Steins will be consumed using three moves, Totsuka (236d), Habakiri (214d) and the super YnK (632146d).
Totsuka's laser will trace a pattern from stein to stein on a priority of Youngest to Eldest before tracking to the location of the opponent. Each bounce of the laser is technically a new projectile, and applies unique proration as well as regenerating it's hit property if lost for any reason.
Habakiri will detonate all steins simultaneously, each detonation is a separate projectile and has it's unique prorate.
Yata No Kagami will rapidly fire a Totsuka-type laser at each stein in succession, the lasers reflect upon their target stein once before tracking to the opponent, and do not interact with other steins. Each initial hit and reflection are their own separate projectiles and have unique prorate.
- Tsunugui (623C)
Encases ΅ in a prisim of light, all-aspect autoguard from frame 1. The end of the recovery is not in Ch state.
- Habaya (236A/j.236A)
Sends forth a lucent sphere of energy that travels in a boot shape upwards on ground use and downwards on air use. Multiple hit instances.
- Tsurugi (63214C)(Chargeable)
Winds up for a massive cleave will all her swords. Enormous hitbox. Longer charge increases the damage and properties of the move.
- Totsuka (236D)
Fires out a large laser after a bit of startup. Bounces from stein to stein, consuming them. Refreshes hitbox and reapplies prorate with each bounce. Stays active when ΅ is being hit or blocking.
Ikutachi is somehwat of an Act Parser that shifts ΅ behind the opponent.
- Habakiri (214D)(Chargeable)
Detonates all present steins, floating the opponent on hit and dealing fair damage. "Release" animation has 1 hit of projectile autoguard during a short window.
- Yata No Kagami(632146D)
Useable in the air as well. First laser is guaranteed after superflash. Bombards the opponent will a full-power laser storm, consumes all steins. Excellent minimum damage.
΅ eminates a wave of light directly in front of her. Is not a projectile. Completely invunerable until a fair bit into the recovery. Excellent hitbox, minimum damage and speed. Not Rapid Cancelable on hit. Rapid Cancelable on Block.
New and Improved Astral Heat
- Astral (222D)
Some invunerability, similar hitbox to 3c in that is it very long and low to the ground, fast enough to combo off any ground hit level 3+ normal, also easily combos off 6b ground hit and by super canceling j.2c landing recovery.