To make things a little easier on categorizing the topics here, I went a head and just made this topic.
What do all those numbers mean right beside the letter? I have no idea what "6A" means!
Well, here is how it works, look at your Num Pad on your keyboard.
7 8 9
\ | /
/ | \
1 2 3
Each number represents a direction input.
In other words, if the character started on the left side, something like "6A" will indicate "forward A".
And something like "5A" would mean "Neutral A". In other words, when hitting A, no direction input is needed. All you would have to do is just hit the A button.
If you have any other questions on this, just ask.
j. = While in the air
JC = Jump Cancel (means to jump while in a air combo)
CH = Counter Hit
Froze = Your opponent became frozen
* Combos are done with the character starting on the left side.
Basic combos - The basic ways of Jin.
- 2A, 5B, 5C, Ice Ride (B)
- 2A, 5B, 5C, 2C, Ice Ride (B) : This combo is best done if your close to your opponent, otherwise 2C might whiff.
- 2A, 5B, 5C, 3C, Ice Ride (C) : This combo does not work on Carl.
- 6A, Ice Ride (C) : Only connects when crouching (which they should be, 6A is an overhead after all).
* Tip: It's ok to start your combo off with 2B, seeing as how that's a low hit. You can mix up with 6A and 2B, seeing as how they have to guess high or low. Just don't abuse 6A too much, or your opponent will start to re-act to it. And if you like, it's ok to pause during 5B to get both hits from it.
Crouching Only combos - These combos only work if the opponent is hit while crouching.
- 2A, 5B, 5C, 6C, 66 (dash cancel), 5C, Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.B, j.C : Hitting 66 after 6C will dash out of 6C for you, hence the name "Dash Cancel".
- 5B, 5C, 6C, 2D, Froze, 6C, 66 (dash cancel), 5C, 2C, Super Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.B, j.C
- 5C, 6C, 66 (dash cancel), 5C, Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, j.D, Froze, Ice Ride (C) : Combo also works if the 5C starts on Counter Hit.
* These combos are just basic examples of how crouching combos work, for the most part you are linking your 5C into 6C. Best works when they are hit while crouching.
Throw Combos - He has 2 type of throws, forward throw and back throw.
- Forward throw, (pause), Ice Ride (C) : Works also with back throw.
- Forward throw, (as soon as they get popped into the air), Ice Ride (A) whiff, 5C, 2C, Super Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.C, Ice Ride (B) : After Ice Ride (A), you will land on the other side of the opponent.
General combos - Just random combos.
- (On crouching opponent) 5B (2 hits), 5C, 6C, 66 (dash cancel), 5C, Super Jump, j.C, j.D, (short pause), Forward Air Dash, j.B, j.C, Ice Ride (B)
- 5B (2 hits), 5C, Jump, j.B, (short pause), j.C, (short pause), j.D, Froze, land and run up, 5C, Ice Ride (B).
- (Corner combo, somewhat) 623+A (CH), Ice Ride (D), 6C (OTG), 66 (dash cancel), 5C, Super Jump, j.B, j.C, Ice Ride (B).
- 6A, Mash C (for 8 hits), once opponent is launched, 632146+D Super : You can air combo after the Super.
Interested in better combos?
Read up on umgogo post on the combos translated from the guide book for BlazBlue.
Not to much to mention here, there really isn't any real useful glitches that will help his game except for one, but unsure how it's triggered.
If anyone has more info on this glitch post up.
I will say that his 632146+D Super is a little bugged up.
When done very close to the corner, the full Super will not connect. So try not to do the Super close to the corner, ok? ;o